• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest in Peace: junctionalfunkie

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
I did not know Pete personally but we corresponded on and off as I was answering his questions regarding TEFL.

Pete was found dead in his room in Phuket, Thailand. He's been taking a TEFL course there. It seems I was one of the last people he contacted before he died, and I am truly shocked.

As I respect his and his loved ones' privacy, I will not say more (and indeed, I am at loss for words anyway). My deepest condolences to his loved ones.

He rests in peace.

From what little I know, he seems to have touched many lives positively, including mine.

I'm so sorry, Pete. I hope you are no longer suffering. <3:(

Wow.

I received an email from Pete just prior (as I'm sure a few others did) with some lyrics to a Tom Waits song. Here I thought it was his farewell from the states. I didn't realize it was his farewell from the world. :(

He was an incredibly generous, friendly, intelligent guy. I can happily say that I have a memento that he gave me while I was in Minneapolis which just became dearer to my heart with this news. He certainly went out of his way to make me feel welcomed.

RIP buddy!

DSCN1379.jpg

RIP
I'm really saddened by this, a life cut short.

:(
Pete, I hope you find yourself in a better place.

I don't know what to say. I am completely heartbroken :(
Pete, you had a lot of rough times and I sincerely hope you've found the peace and relief you were looking for.
RIP jf, you will be sorely missed <3

Man this got to me..........I talked with him via pm's when he was still in Austin :( RIP......!!!!!

JF, Your adventurous spirit will live on in the hearts of those you touched. <3
RIP<3

This really shocked me...RIP. I've had a couple of good conversations with him and was wondering why it was taking him so long to respond to my last message. I've seen him contribute a lot to these boards and I hope he's at peace now. Man...

Omg jf! :(<3
Im so sorry to hear this!

What a warm and bright soul, im so sad that we had to have it taken from us so early.

Sending love and light to his family and friends, as well as everyone grieving here. <3

what sad, tragic news. :( may his friends and family find peace in the memories they shared with him. <3

It never gets any easier, it really doesn't.

JF, I hope you are at peace now. I did not know you personally, but I know you were and are loved by many. May you find whatever it is for which you were searching.