• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest in Peace: junctionalfunkie

Very sad. So sad when someone is taken from the ones they love. I remember reading him say how much he loved his parents.

no :( he had such a unique personality and a unique look

And such a unique voice to go along with them. He was an extremely charismatic person. When he talked, you WANTED to listen. He had a lot of interesting things to say/talk about. Really an all around joy. The first time I'd hung out with him, it felt like we'd known each other for years. People say that a lot, but it was really true with him. There wasn't an awkward silence between us from the get go.

just finding this thread right now. :(

was one of the best f&t posters (one of the best BL posters overall actually) and will sorely be missed. I knew he was going through rough times but afaik was on the up and up.

really sad that I'll never read another one of his posts. truly a great loss.

rip buddy :(

For some reason, a post that JF made in a thread in Second Opinion came to me this morning and it made me smile.
The thread is entitled "Bumping in to those who walk abreast" and is about whether or not you move aside for people who are walking towards you. This was JF's post:
This has got to be one of the oldest social conundrums of civilizations. People worldwide have probably been struggling for as long as there have been walkways.

I generally step aside onto the grass or whatever. If you're such an asshole/solipsist that you can't make six inches of room for a passing stranger, you are precisely what is wrong with this world. I can't be bothered with such trifles; I have important matters on my mind, dammit! :D

Sometimes, I'll even go so far to make a grandiose flourish-and-bow, with a sort of "after you" gesture with my arms, and make sure the asshole/solipsist sees it.
Made me smile at the time that I first read it, and it makes me smile now, because that was the type of awesome person he was. Cheeky, clever, funny, full of life.

I miss you JF <3

That's a really lovely quote n3ophy7e :)
We should celebrate his living, though not forget his passing...

Rest well JF ♥

I too loved that post, N3o. JF gave me so much information about our trip to thailand, this news is heartbreaking. I hope he has found the peace he was searching for <3

Last edited:
For some reason, a post that JF made in a thread in Second Opinion came to me this morning and it made me smile.
The thread is entitled "Bumping in to those who walk abreast" and is about whether or not you move aside for people who are walking towards you. This was JF's post:

Made me smile at the time that I first read it, and it makes me smile now, because that was the type of awesome person he was. Cheeky, clever, funny, full of life.

I miss you JF <3

What a great post! Both his and yours, n3o. He really was that happy-go-lucky! I can see him doing that in my mind and it just looks so right. :)

Thanks for sharing that!

What a great post! Both his and yours, n3o. He really was that happy-go-lucky! I can see him doing that in my mind and it just looks so right. :)

Thanks for sharing that!

No problem, I'm glad I could share it :)

Much love to you all <3

jf, it's been just over 2 months since you left us, and I still think about you everyday. I hope you've found the peace you were looking for and that you have no regrets. Love you man, miss you like crazy <3

I just found out about this. I was wondering why I never got a response from the last email I sent him. I looked in here not wanting to see this thread. I knew Pete when he lived in Austin recently. We spent a good amount of time together, tripping, sharing music and books. I learned a lot from him. He seemed to be enjoying Thailand, by the last message I received from him. Wish I had the chance to spend more time with him. R.I.P.

The stupid thing is, I did have a chance to spend time with him when he visited Austin once more before he left for Thailand. I hadnt seen him in a while, so why didnt I? I feel like such an asshole for blowing him off and not seeing The Smashing Pumpkins, which he said he had an extra ticket to, but didnt have my number. I should have just called him! I take people, and my relationships with them for granted. Ive always been able to cut people out of my life and not put the effort forth required of a relationship. I even apologized to him recently for not being a better friend to him while he lived here in Austin. He reassured me that I was a fine friend and like him, just needed space and alone time. The truth is I just knew that hanging out with him required more effort than I wanted to give sometimes. I just wish I had shown him more support as a more than worthy individual. I know he had a hard time maintaining jobs, and just generally living during the time he spent here. He sought me out, as a like minded individual, after reading a post I made here on bluelight. As you can see, I rarely post. I should have shown him the same interest he showed in me. Im crying as I write this.
Im sorry Pete. Rest In Peace

Last edited:
Somehow he pops into my head, I have no idea why but when I feel down I think about him.
Didnt even know him well. Sometimes you just warm to people.
It's so sad you arent on BL anymore, loved your music posts and you seemed to have a wonderful passion about you, you spoke your mind.
Life can be so hard. :( I'm so sorry it was this hard for you. I remember you posting that Nick Kershaw song and I thought you were just having a hard time, I didnt realise how redundant you felt. Your energy has definitely stayed with me, as it has your friends and family who were close to you.
This is for you: Tom Waits Waltzing Matilda
The Elephants Graveyard. <3

Last edited:
Rest in peace brother
Let Christ welcome him with love and comfort those left behind.
The world was better for your actions.

Rest in peace my brother.

First and hopefully last time I open a thread here and its a guy that ive spoken with.