• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest in Peace: junctionalfunkie

We had pm'd a couple of times when I first came on, he told me about him self and his History etc . :( So friendly and open...Seemed like such a sweet guy, hope his family and friends will find some strength at this difficult time. Pray for ye! <3

bummer. I didn't know you but I liked your posts and especially your name. rest in peace

To Pete

Little did I know how you were feeling inside. I just had no idea. Moving to a new place and leaving your old life behind... we do it for many reasons, sometimes perhaps it is a desperate measure in the face of the dead end we have gotten ourselvs into. it is one reason why I moved to thailand. I was looking forward to meeting you here in bangkok when your course was finished. we have never met... we were going to... you seemed so positive. Perhaps I sounded less enthusastic about meeting than you, but this is because I felt like I needed to make an effort to be positive when I meet you and not my grouchy grumpy old self because I felt almost inadequate with my low moods compared to the flamboyant being I perceived you to be. On occasion in our message exchanges you would ask if I am ok and I would reply that i am, when actually i wasn't, really. And I think you sensed that. You know, I had a very hard time when I first arrived here and I would not admit it to anyone... pride, loss of face, whatever. Now I wish i had been more open about my feelings to you. Perhaps you would have understood that you were by no means in any way alone.

<3 Pete. I am so very sorry I did not respond to your recent messages simply because I do not log on to BL very often any more, and I did not know you had written to me. If you had told me in your messages how you are really feeling and if i had read them on time, I would have told you that it's gonna be alright and that YES YOU CAN have a job with no tefl qualification. I would have told you that you are very welcome in my life and that we're going to have some good talks and some good times together. You were in need of a friend and I was more than happy to be your friend if you were going to come and live in Bangkok. If you had known just how lonely I felt when I first arived in Bangkok and how I too contemplated suicide perhaps you would have been stronger. I am sorry i did not tell you enough about this. I regret not having had the luck to meet you in this life. I hope you are alright wherever you are now. I am also very very sorry that I had to be the one with the bad news to telll the BL community... my feelings when I read about your death on that Thai forum were indescribable, but I will try to describe anyway: my heart was pounding in my chest, fast and strong, and I felt itchy and hot and weak and cold, and I felt like fainting, and I saw your face on that photo and I really felt your person and I felt your pain. I thinkk we would have become good friends. I will shut up now, this isn't supposed to be about me. I am very sad!

rest in peace, friend

Only three words I can think of right now: Rest in Peace <3

-- Rexeh

Rest In Peace JunctionalFunkie, your valuable contributions on BL live on in the "souls" of everyone who has taken your advice. You were there for those who needed help when nobody else could understood them, (including me).

"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws." - Jim Morrison

Thank you.

hey man,

you were a great guy you caught me in the end of a psychedelic binge (3 year long) and I shuffled off some of my tryptamines to you (for free since your spirit was so pure). I hope they helped you manifest your transition to the next reality.

I trust your karma will see you to a more peaceful reality, friend <3

We didn't speak often, but he always had a kind, or more often than not hilarious, word for me. A kind person, with a genuinely good heart, and a great sense of humour.

He'll be well missed, but well remembered.

RIP, brother.

Made me think of this Tom Waits song, I dunno if its the one you're thinking of, but tonight I'm listening to it with JF in my heart & mind

didnt talk to dude 1:1 or anything but had much respect

a great loss for the community

:(

What Tom Waits SOng? I Remember him laughing at me when I said my post in the TDS was probably braught on by wayyy too much Tom Waits!

WHich SONG??!?! Thx

"Shiver Me Timbers"

I'm leaving my family
I'm leaving my friends
My body's at home
But my heart's in the wind
Where the clouds are like headlines
On a new front page sky
My tears are salt water
And the moon's full and high

And I know Martin Eden's
Gonna be proud of me
And many before me
Who've been called by the sea
To be up in the crow's nest
Singin' my say
Shiver me Timbers
I'm a-sailin' away

And the fog's liftin'
And the sand's shiftin'
And I'm driftin' on out
Ol' Captain Ahab
He ain't got nothin' on me
So come on and swallow me, don't follow me
I'm trav'lin' alone
Blue water's my daughter
'n I'm skippin' like a stone

So please call my missus
Gotta tell her not to cry
'Cause my goodbye is written
By the moon in the sky
Hey and nobody knows me
I can't fathom my stayin'
Shiver me timbers
I'm a-sailin' away

And the fog's liftin'
And the sand's shiftin'
I'm driftin' on out
Ol' Captain Ahab
He ain't got nothin' on me
So come and swallow me, follow me
I'm trav'lin' alone
Blue water's my daughter
'n I'm gonna skip like a stone

And I'm leavin' my family
Leavin' all my friends
My body's at home
But my heart's in the wind
Where the clouds are like headlines
Upon a new front page sky
And shiver me timbers
'Cause I'm a-sailin' away

Such sad news guys.
May Peace find his soul, wherever in existence he is now. <3

:( :( :( Pete was a good guy, I hope he's finally found peace.

Much love to everyone <3