research chemicals

all of this talk of side effects has persuaded me to make another post here. I agree with magicalkat777 completely. I still to this day have to put up with slight visual distortions that seem to be constantly occuring. I never had any of these prior to my 2ci trips and I definitely feel that the chemical is what's responsible for them due to the fact that I wasnt experimenting with any other chems at the time, just cannabis.

While one believes that all chemicals, research or otherwise, (except nuclear materials) should be available in known quality and amount to adults, one would not recommend that anyone try any of the so called Research Chemicals. If one were to do so anyway at this time then they better minimally meet 4 criteria:

Criterion 1: Be a stable, mature, adult; mentally, physically, and in terms of actual age in years.
Criterion 2: Be as well informed as possible about the range of possible and expected effects/side-effects of any given chemical that one plans on ingesting.
Criterion 3: Be able to minimally measure with milligram (.001 gram) accuracy.
And last but certainly not least…
Criterion 4: Be someone who will not share any given chemical with anyone else unless they are thoroughly convinced that that person also meets criteria 1-3.

That being said, a few more points. Research Chemicals or ‘RCs’ are not all the same. Clearly there is greater risk with some than with others. They do not necessarily have any commonalities apart from the fact that they have not been used by many humans for very long. Even if one or most of the RCs were to ultimately prove fairly safe and well-tolerated physically, it does not follow that all of them will prove safe nor does it follow that they can be taken in a cavalier fashion as their psychological effects can be quite potent alone. Some Research Chemicals have had more research than others. Both 4-HO-DET and 2C-D were actually researched in clinical settings. Something like 5-MeO-DALT or any of the newer ‘FLY’ compounds, has probably only literally been ingested by a few lab rats and a handful of Homo sapiens. Also what little is known about some of the compounds is flatly concerning. 2C-T-7, 5-MeO-AMT, AMT, & 2C-T-21 have all been implicated in serious adverse reactions, hospitalization, &/or death.

Some persons will choose to explore the effects of these compounds in man, either through sheer recklessness or genuine scientific &/or philosophical interest. For those persons again one would refer them to the criteria above as well as the links below and again remind them that each person’s body, metabolism, and subjective mindset vary. What is a ‘fun experience’ dose for one person really could be a horrendous or lethal one for someone of different body chemistry, psychological make-up, or taking other medications in conjunction.

Some useful links:

An analysis of reported side-effects in the Bluelight RC Side-Effects thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=3473888&postcount=114

The Research Chemical FAQ @ Erowid:
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/research_chems/research_chems.shtml

A link to PiHKAL & TiHKAL respectively, most (but not all) of the research chemicals have there genesis here:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal.shtml

I B

...everyone that has done these RC's, have you mixed these with anything else??? like woud you do an RC and a pill (XTC)

I've done a few of them with or after MDMA.

The problem is that most of these are stimulants and combining them with "ecstasy" can lead to some dangerous overstimulation and certain combinations (like AMT + MDMA) have proven to be fatal in the past.

One of the most wild and insane trips that I've ever had came off of just 10mg (!) of 4-HO-MiPT after eating two pills the night before but there were definitely some side effects, especially dehydration and feeling "swollen" - no nausea to speak of though and the body high of the 4-HO-MiPT integrated really well.

But I've also been on the other side of the spectrum. I've tried 2C-C and 4-AcO-DET while/after rolling (while AND after with the 2C-C and about 6 hours after with the 4-AcO-DET) and I had some serious peripheral stimulation going on both times, pulse in the 160+ range.

I definitely don't condone mixing research chemicals with MDMA. The one mix I did that I thought was absolutely amazing was 100mg of Methylone about 30-45 minutes after a strong MDMA peak hit. But even that was shitty the next day (my head was killing me and I crashed HARDCORE, suicidal even).

Basically, I don't recommend it and some combinations have proven dangerous or even deadly. Some that I wouldn't recommend mixing with "XTC" at all would be any phenethylamines (all of the 2C-* and the 2C-T-* family) or 4-AcO-DET, DPT, any 5-Methoxys (5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DiPT, etc), or any of the "FLY" compounds.

I swear to god if i find one more fucker selling blotters that have fuckin 4htp-whatever or some other weak bull shit on them i am going to kill them

are there any RC out there that would be safe with a pill (XTC) i loved the visuals i would get with LSD or shrooms, while rolling on E. Since i can't seem to find those 2 i was trying to look into ALTERNATE substances....can any one help me out...Like the dangers...or what would be a good alternate...

You know... if you're going to ask the same question twice... can you at least read the whole thread before asking it the second time?

MagickalKat777 said:
I've done a few of them with or after MDMA.

The problem is that most of these are stimulants and combining them with "ecstasy" can lead to some dangerous overstimulation and certain combinations (like AMT + MDMA) have proven to be fatal in the past.

One of the most wild and insane trips that I've ever had came off of just 10mg (!) of 4-HO-MiPT after eating two pills the night before but there were definitely some side effects, especially dehydration and feeling "swollen" - no nausea to speak of though and the body high of the 4-HO-MiPT integrated really well.

But I've also been on the other side of the spectrum. I've tried 2C-C and 4-AcO-DET while/after rolling (while AND after with the 2C-C and about 6 hours after with the 4-AcO-DET) and I had some serious peripheral stimulation going on both times, pulse in the 160+ range.

I definitely don't condone mixing research chemicals with MDMA. The one mix I did that I thought was absolutely amazing was 100mg of Methylone about 30-45 minutes after a strong MDMA peak hit. But even that was shitty the next day (my head was killing me and I crashed HARDCORE, suicidal even).

Basically, I don't recommend it and some combinations have proven dangerous or even deadly. Some that I wouldn't recommend mixing with "XTC" at all would be any phenethylamines (all of the 2C-* and the 2C-T-* family) or 4-AcO-DET, DPT, any 5-Methoxys (5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DiPT, etc), or any of the "FLY" compounds.

Jonus said:
I swear to god if i find one more fucker selling blotters that have fuckin 4htp-whatever or some other weak bull shit on them i am going to kill them

Can you prove that these blotters actually have "4htp-whatever" (which doesn't exist, btw) by sound lab results or are you just speculating on them based on the drugs effects? I would assume that you don't have access to a lab test so I'll just say this... Research chemicals on blotter are something that is pretty hard to do unless you're talking about a more potent chemical like the FLY compounds because the blotter would have to be much thicker than your standard LSD blotter to hold what would be considered an "active" dose of chemical.

There have been blotters proven to be DOB and 5-MeO-AMT but they're not necessarily an epidemic.

my opinion is with MagickalKat777 and I_B. read, understand, learn. these compounds are far from being recreational toys and nothing like MDMA.

compounds my labrats found to be safe and synergistic with MDMA, being careful to lower the doses significantly:

2C-D, 2C-B, 2C-I, Methylone, Ethylone, Butylone, 4-FMP low dose, 2C-B-FLY, 4-HO-MiPT low dose, 5-MEO-DALT low dose, 2C-T-FM and, of course, DMT.

very bad reactions were noted when combining MDMA with 2C-T-21, TMA-6, 2C-C, most 5-MEOs and some 4-substituted tryptamines.

be very careful. do not mix until thoroughly aware of the action of each chem on its own and your own metabolic nuances.

Ive done 4-ho-mipt, 5-meo-mipt, and DOI. All were great, except the DOI was a little weak, but it had its moments.

Sorry bud. Read the BLUA. Since you're new, I'll issue an informal warning.

*post edited* :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you can be famous if you are the first person to die off of a new drug, and from your death the lowest known lethal dose will be figured out. Not all RCs are as dangerous as others though, I mean with chemistry now we have a good idea on what a certain molecular structure will do and how it will work, it isn't 100%, but just look at all the SSRIs, many of which probally don't have enough testing because they are really impossible to totally understand how they work, its just theories, which might be wrong, and would be very ironic. PS I thought 5-MeO-DIPT sucked, too many good quasi-legal drugs exist, like DMT from plants, mescaline from cacti, even opium from poppy pod tea. Too bad Shulgin wasn't into opioids, he coulda really done some beatiful thing for us.

blah.. 2c-i is fun, but that's it. it has no real depth... more energy than anything.

there are far better phenethalymines. 2c-e, or 2c-d for example.

if you absolutely are just saying "out of research chemicals, try this..." -- then i would definitely recommend 4-ho-mipt or another strong tryptamine.

MagickalKat777 said:
I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you're entitled to your own and I'm not going to start a flame war.

Basically, I personally feel that nobody should have access to research chemicals other than those actually researching them. We don't know what they do in the short term or the long term and that's just too much of a risk in my mind. And if you really want to get into why I want them scheduled... They're being sold on the street as drugs that they're not (LSD, MDMA, and mescaline come to mind) and that's an extremely dangerous practice. Yeah it would suck for those that used them responsibly (or at least think they do) but it would save many others a lot of heartache and hell.

And elemenohpee, I'm not alone in experiencing some nasty side effects from research chemicals...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=130385

Nope... definitely not alone.

I used to converse with magickalkat777 quite a bit a couple years ago, and I have to say that he was by far and away the MOST RECKLESS user of rcs that I ever saw on the forums. It was ridiculous his neglect for his own safety. He used to use insanely large doses of different drugs in combination all while being prescribed antidepressants and then go driving. At one point, when I asked him if he was at all worried about his safety, his response was somewhere along the lines of, "hey, who cares, you only live once".

he was always pretty quick to judge other people's drug use, and his opinions were always very fickle. take what he says with a grain of salt.

I would be wary of giving this kind of information to someone who thinks that they might be 'pretty bad ass'.