research chemicals

EisForMe22

Bluelighter
I have heard a lot of talk about research chemicals being pretty bad ass. Has anyone tried one or any of them? how was the expierence? negatives and positives to share? were tehy worth the expense?

swim got really fucked up on 2c-i, i've never done any rcs.

i've tried about 15 different ones.
they were defintely worth the expense if you buy the good ones.
i really like 2c-e, 4 ho mipt, dpt and the new craze is DOC.

Read up in pychedelic drugs forum and erowid.

Ive tried DPT, 5meodmt, 5meodipt, 2ci, 2ct2, and 2ce probably 10x each, and Id definitely say the only two that i wouldnt recommend trying are the 5meos. DPT is heavenly and the 2cs always create what i refer to as "futuristic" visuals (ie: laserbeams and intense light patterning). Remember that all 2cs are illegal in most countries though, so obtaining high quality product is quite a chore. DPt is however legal in my home country (Canada) and the United States, as well as the Netherlands.

Ive done 2ce n 2ci both were the shit! Did 2ce like 5-10 times i love that. Very intense visuals!!

law & ethics

For some reason, I think 2CB is illegal in Canada.

The rest, as far as I know, are legal to possess in Canada. Distribution and trafficking (which can include sharing with friends) is more dubious legally. I'm unaware of aany being sold in the grey market for personal consumption as is the case in parts of Europe and Japan.

If I were to possess RCs, I would treat/store/carry them as I would something clearly contraband and highly dangerous. Don't hold or carry if you don't need to, dispose of if cops are coming at you, don't leave around children or people whose judgement or ability to consent may be impaired. Do not sell any.

If you do have any and wish to share, make sure the supply is clean, and that who ever you are sharing with knows the risks. Information on the major RCs is best available on Erowid.

There's an excellent Erowid page on the ethical use of psychdelics or entheogens (god-withins) at http://www.erowid.org/entheogens/entheogens_ethics.shtml

fungus44 said:
For some reason, I think 2CB is illegal in Canada.

The rest, as far as I know, are legal to possess in Canada. Distribution and trafficking (which can include sharing with friends) is more dubious legally. I'm unaware of aany being sold in the grey market for personal consumption as is the case in parts of Europe and Japan.

If I were to possess RCs, I would treat/store/carry them as I would something clearly contraband and highly dangerous. Don't hold or carry if you don't need to, dispose of if cops are coming at you, don't leave around children or people whose judgement or ability to consent may be impaired. Do not sell any.

If you do have any and wish to share, make sure the supply is clean, and that who ever you are sharing with knows the risks. Information on the major RCs is best available on Erowid.

There's an excellent Erowid page on the ethical use of psychdelics or entheogens (god-withins) at http://www.erowid.org/entheogens/entheogens_ethics.shtml

Good points, it's the idiots not treating them like they were illegal that got the law involved. Nothing more frustrating to an administration than the "fuck you" attitude of some teenager saying "you can't fucking lock me up, i'm tripping as if on acid, and theres not a damn thing you can do about it."

We've got a simillar issue brewing with salvia now. What does a college RA do when the halls are full of smoke (in a building that allows cigarettes for example, and of age drinking) only to find the kid saying "this stuff is legal. It's called salvia, look it up." If it happens enough, you create a rule against it, or you bend the norms of society and make special rules permitting the responsible usage of it. I'll be on my flying pig throwing snowballs and satan when the second happens.

I think we're on the same page. We can skip the flying pigs.

I think there's two big points to take from the lessons of the RCs.

1. Show much respect for ANY psychedelic, legal or not. These agents are freaking SERIOUS if also pretty silly, goofy, and fun. Just because one is more concentrated, "pure" or whatever compared to another doesn't mean that one is superior, more dangerous, or more amazing than the other.

2. Anti-RC legislation/enforcement is a wake up call for all users and allies to oppose the Drug War in general. All "soft" drugs (marijuana, the organic and some synthetic psychdelics) should be immediately deciminalized, and "hard" (generally those considered most addictive) drugs should be decriminalized in a more comunity based gradual way. Competition between salvia and crack smokers (to take an extreme example) is counterproductive to decent laws and social rules around the use of psychoactives in general.

Thanks so much for all the replies and helpful info and links! i am really looking in to these heavily now.

I done 2c-e, 2c-i, 2c-t-2, 5-meo-dmt

2c-e was a standout for overall effects, 2c-t-2 for visuals, and 5-meo-dmt, well that shit is just fucking insane. wasn;t too impressed with 2c-i tho, although i probably didn;t work with it enough to make a final judgement, only about 3 times

5meo-DMT scared the fuckin shit out of me....2ci is really cool....damn government and their crackdown on research chemical selling websites

I like how nobody here has bothered to mention the dangers.

I've done 2C-I, 2C-E, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, PMEA, MBDB, BDB, Methylone, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-AET, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 4-AcO-MiPT, 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, AMT, DPT, and DiPT that I can immediately remember and the only ones that didn't have significant side effects were 2C-C and 2C-D. The rest had things ranging from nausea and vomitting with 2C-E, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, AMT, and DPT to being more tweaked than I've ever felt off of anything from 2C-I, getting severe diarrhea with 5-MeO-AMT, having tremors for hours with 4-AcO-DET and 4-HO-DET, overall weird body feelings with 5-MeO-MiPT, inability to urinate for four hours as well as feeling like my body was way overheated with 4-HO-MiPT, headaches, extreme trisma, and painful head twitches from 5-MeO-AMT, blackouts from BDB, excessive CNS stimulation from 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-AMT, Methylone, 2C-I, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, 2C-E, and DPT... And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The worst thing 2C-C ever did to me was trigger a panic attack when I took too high of a dosage and 2C-D was by far the most benign of them all.

Sure, its fun to look at pretty colors for hours on end but is it really worth the possible damage to your body? Oh yeah and don't let me forget this one - 2C-I affects blood clotting for many people. I cut myself one time while on 2C-I and it just seemed like it wouldn't stop.

I don't think its fair to sit here and tell just one side of the story. There are plenty of downsides to research chemicals. They're called research chemicals for a reason - they have never undergone a thorough clinical trial to determine their side effects and nobody has any clue at all what their longterm effects may be. Also, some of them have shown some real evidence of addiction - I've been addicted to a few that I can name including 2C-I, 2C-E, 5-MeO-AMT, and AMT and I've heard that I'm not alone in this.

Personally, I'm glad they're not easy access drugs anymore. Flame me all you want but even with all that I've done, the good times and the bad, I am very happy that stupid kids (such as myself back then) can no longer obtain them as easily and while I'm against scheduling for the most part, I believe that 2C-I, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-AMT, 2C-E, and 2C-T-2 should all be scheduled. They're not toys. I've had trips on all of them that blow all of my other trips besides AMT and 2C-T-7 (which are already scheduled) to shreds and I don't think the vast majority of people can handle trips that intense. On top of that, they all had some nasty side effects.

Think about it this way... Pharmaceutical drugs are thoroughly tested for side effects, benefits, etc., before being approved by the FDA. Now some of the most common pharmaceuticals that were previously found "safe" are being shown to have some rather nasty effects on the body and mind later in life. Anybody remember Aleve? Great pain reliever, once thought to be extremely well-tolerated and safe. Well, guess what? Its bad for your heart and increases your risk for a heart attack by a significant percentage. All that it takes for "approval" of a research chemical is someone willing to synth and sell it.

One last thing... You're ordering chemicals from "companies" that are generally run by one or two people committing crimes way above that of just a single felony charge. We're talking many multiple felony charges here, folks. Who's to say that the gram of 2C-I you got is really a gram of 2C-I and not some mixed bag of different RCs and/or precursors/intermediates? 99.9% pure means nothing without a true lab analysis (via GC/MS and other scientific methods) that truely shows its contents. I've bought RCs before that definitely weren't pure and they illicited some extremely nasty side effects each time they were taken until I finally disposed of them. Who knows what other crap was included inside my "99.9% pure" research chemical. I don't think I'll ever know.

Last edited:
So it was ok for you to try every RC under the sun, but now its your judgement as to whether or not other people can handle them? Please. I know you're like 100X more enlightened then the rest of us, but that doesn;t give you the right to go around telling other people what to do. Maybe if you had used them responsibly you wouldn't have had the side effects? I had no side effects from 2c-e, 2c-t-2 or 5-meo-dmt. The 2c-i did have an annoying body load. Your information is obviously valuable in light of your experience with these chemicals, but don;t think its the final word on them.

I don't think he considers his posts as the final word nor is he saying "don't do them." He is simply making people aware that there IS another side to the coin that hasn't yet been addressed by this thread. At least, based on my own interpretation of his post, he was warning people that not all of the above can be lumped into this fun time category and that each carries a risk. Obviously risks are inherent with every drug, but he's listing he's own experiences for others so that they can formulate a judgement based on both the bad AND the good, and hopefully not get themselves in a predicament should they choose to experiment with RC's

While I obviously respect the amount of information hes provided and the down side to these drugs, what got me was this:

MagickalKat777 said:
Personally, I'm glad they're not easy access drugs anymore. Flame me all you want but even with all that I've done, the good times and the bad, I am very happy that stupid kids (such as myself back then) can no longer obtain them as easily and while I'm against scheduling for the most part, I believe that 2C-I, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-AMT, 2C-E, and 2C-T-2 should all be scheduled. They're not toys. I've had trips on all of them that blow all of my other trips besides AMT and 2C-T-7 (which are already scheduled) to shreds and I don't think the vast majority of people can handle trips that intense. On top of that, they all had some nasty side effects.

I mean wtf, I know how to use these things responsibly, why should they be scheduled? I don't like the value judgement that most people can't handle them, therefore no one should be allowed to get them. That's basically the argument for prohibition, and I think its bullshit. Plus, the side effects can be minimized by responsilbe use. It doesn;t sound like he was using these things responsibly, so to say they all had nasty side effects is a generalization that does not hold true for a lot of people who use them.

I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you're entitled to your own and I'm not going to start a flame war.

Basically, I personally feel that nobody should have access to research chemicals other than those actually researching them. We don't know what they do in the short term or the long term and that's just too much of a risk in my mind. And if you really want to get into why I want them scheduled... They're being sold on the street as drugs that they're not (LSD, MDMA, and mescaline come to mind) and that's an extremely dangerous practice. Yeah it would suck for those that used them responsibly (or at least think they do) but it would save many others a lot of heartache and hell.

And elemenohpee, I'm not alone in experiencing some nasty side effects from research chemicals...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=130385

Nope... definitely not alone.