• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Rectal bioavailability of Mirtazapine / Remeron? / Is it possible to plug 'em?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Hello,

I'm doing about 90 mg's of Mirtazapine every day at the moment, and I want to take up as much as possible of those 90 mg. I have been shooting them up, although I don't want to do that anymores, so I try to find the best ROA. I know that the intranasal route is very effective compared to the oral route, and I've allways thought that for almost all drugs intranasal equals rectal, in terms of bioavailability.

1) Is this (that intranasal BA = rectal BA for almost all drugs) correct?

2) Does anoyne know the rectal bioavailability of Mirtazapine? I have searched as best as I can, but to no result.

best regards,

Båtmannen

Can I inquire into your procedure for IVing them? That sounds utterly ridiculous and unsafe.

Can I inquire into your procedure for IVing them? That sounds utterly ridiculous and unsafe.
Yesterday, I didn't even filter them: when I realized the mush could pass through the needle, I just shot it in a vein in my foot.

I normally filter them enough to pass through the needle; the solution is normally too thick to pass, so I filter them until I can suck them up into the syringe, and then I shoot them.

I will - however - not do this anymore. At least I'm really going to try not to: it can't be very healthy.

Dude, what the fuck? Don't do that shit - you can die, or have many complications that WILL fuck your week if not your life up. Mirtazapine isn't even soluble in water IIRC, and the oral bio is probably around 50%. Rectal might be better, but it probably won't be that much better and (god why) it's not a drug of abuse... so what the hell are you doing? Also, 90mg is a pretty high dose and mirtazapine can definitely have a withdrawal syndrome.

Yesterday, I didn't even filter them: when I realized the mush could pass through the needle, I just shot it in a vein in my foot.

I normally filter them enough to pass through the needle; the solution is normally too thick to pass, so I filter them until I can suck them up into the syringe, and then I shoot them.

I will - however - not do this anymore. At least I'm really going to try not to: it can't be very healthy.

Holy shit...what effects do you feel from this? My best advice to you would be to dial 911 on your phone and have it ready to dial.. You know, in case you stroke out or go into septic shock.

Nothing, as of yet. And I know alot people who shoot subutex without by just putting them in the syringe and then shotting them up. I have done this alot for some time... I didn't think it was THAT bad bad, is it?

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THE ORIGINAL QUESTION, PLEASE?

> 50% is all I could tell you. I do not know how much it is affected by first pass metabolism, or other factors. But if oral is 50% I would assume rectal is greater than 50. Sorry I don't have more info.

Does a shot of the stuff just knock you out instantly or what? 20 minutes after I take an oral dose, I'm done for and you bet your ass I am late to work.

Do not IV Antidepressants! Just take them orally as prescribed.

As for your original question: This thread is hit number 4 on Google when searching "mirtazapine bioavailability" so there seems to be not much information on this. Maybe because it is totally pointless.
Do yourself a favor and stop this. As others pointed out you could easily get serious health complications such as loosing a limb.

OP there is no legitimate reason to be using mirtazapine as a rectal suppository/enema (what plugging means). It is not a recreational drug in the slightest. The one solid benefit that this substance possesses, is the ability to knock you out. If you take your dose at 8:00, you are going to be pretty sleepy by 9:00 depending upon the contents of your stomach.

I'm sure it can be "plugged", there are less drugs that can't be plugged than can. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Gabapentin. Wikth that said, plug away if that's really what you want to do and you have the rectal equivalent of a needle fetish. You'll most likely experience a faster onset, but there won't be any rush and it will not add to the drug's effects in any appreciable way.

Mirta sucks as an antidepressant. Why would anyone want to abuse it or even inject it?
At best it makes you totally tired.

do you actually get anything out of this?
all it ever did for me was make me sleepy and hungry.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I was prescribed mirtazapine starting at 7.5, 15, 30, 60, 90mg back to 60mg for like close to two years. I'm an addict. I never once thought about recreational value to it.

I've been a stable weight all my life but remeron has WICKED munchies. I've never felt so grossed out about food and myself more than some mornings thinking how the fuck did I eat that much.. I've never taken such huge shits...lol. Being a pothead and also on low dose seroquel..these munchies are like none other. Weed plus alcohol is no comparison to the gluttony this shit can provide. I have the self control to quit cigs, dope, booze but resisting the refrigerator and cupboards was to much on this. I'd be fucking nodding out from sleepiness while eating lol. So gross coming from a semi conscious food consumer. Try to be healthy.

If there was performance enhancing drugs for competitive eating come to me brahh.. Bud, seroquel, and remeron. Let's make this money, eat them fuckin dogs kid! GET IN THER'

What the hell? Why? Mirtazapine has no properties that would make it recreational. In fact it antagonizes so many receptors that it blocks most recreational drugs.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I was prescribed mirtazapine starting at 7.5, 15, 30, 60, 90mg back to 60mg for like close to two years. I'm an addict. I never once thought about recreational value to it.

I've been a stable weight all my life but remeron has WICKED munchies. I've never felt so grossed out about food and myself more than some mornings thinking how the fuck did I eat that much.. I've never taken such huge shits...lol. Being a pothead and also on low dose seroquel..these munchies are like none other. Weed plus alcohol is no comparison to the gluttony this shit can provide. I have the self control to quit cigs, dope, booze but resisting the refrigerator and cupboards was to much on this. I'd be fucking nodding out from sleepiness while eating lol. So gross coming from a semi conscious food consumer. Try to be healthy.

If there was performance enhancing drugs for competitive eating come to me brahh.. Bud, seroquel, and remeron. Let's make this money, eat them fuckin dogs kid! GET IN THER'
Legit lol'd while I agreed with ur whole post. Smokin trees, quillin and on a 45remmy... All u can eat buffet lol

I am on 30mg at night. I find it effective as an anti depressant and it helps with my insomnia. Ive snorted it before, that works pretty good to maybe even better. Remeron is a tetracyclic anti depressant though. I dont understand why or how someone could get any euphoria from it. When it really kicks in at night my sleep is very peaceful and almost pleasurable. Also since ive started taking it my depression has gone down significantly. But hey if you wanna shove it up your butthole by all means shove it up your butthole. You doing this though just makes it seem like you like sticking things in your butt. Rather than a needle fixation an anal fixation perhaps? You may want to tell a psychiatrist or doctor that you are shoving anti depressants up your bum looking for a buzz.

^def works wonders for sleep. You can't fight to stay awake on that shit. Knocks me out.

7.5mg (lower doses are more sedating) will knock me out for 16 hours when taken orally. It and trazodone are the only two things that can force me to sleep and trazodone nightmares are the worst so I always just keep some mirtazapine around. If I take 30 or more it becomes much easier to fight through and has an energy component to it as that's where it turns from a sedative to an antidepressant. I'm quite fond of it but use it sparingly because of the weight gain.

I have read a lot about lower doses being more sedating. For me thats not true though 30mg seems to bethe perfect dose for the AD properties as well as the sedetive properties, thats just me though. After reading the thread it makes me curious about injecting it. Whats it like? Do you get any euphoria?

Hey im still curious about booting these. I have a whole bottle of 15s and half a bottle of 30s with 5 refills. Im tempted to lick the coating off and boot one to see what all the fuss is about. Can you tell me why you were booting it?

Hey im still curious about booting these. I have a whole bottle of 15s and half a bottle of 30s with 5 refills. Im tempted to lick the coating off and boot one to see what all the fuss is about. Can you tell me why you were booting it?

Shits ridiculous. Did u read the thread? It's a fuckin terrible idea. It has no potential for abuse whatsoever. No one gets high on remeron. You are clearly just fixed on the needle so either cop dope or put it away.

You know why people are saying mirtazepine is more sedating in lower doses? Because at higher doses it creates a histamine like response in the body. Restless legs to hell, generally feeling shitty, etc.

If you bang these anti depressants that will be your best outcome. Realistically it's gonna be painful, uncomfortable as fuck, and completely reckless. Have fun