Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

Go to Youtube and type in Angel Dust Sessions, faith no more recording themselves on video while making the album Angel Dust

finally saw earthlings. thought it was garbage. joaquin is a terrible narrater, but he was also working with shit.

I watched dope sick love and even for an opiate user I found it disturbing.
I could only watch a little into Food Inc and couldn't watch anymore. Really if I ever want to eat anything ever again I can't watch it. I will leave it to those that can stomach it a bit more.

200px-Sick_dvd.png

SICK: The Life & Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist is a 1997 documentary film directed by Kirby Dick about Bob Flanagan, a Los Angeles writer, poet, performance artist, comic, and BDSM celebrity, who suffered from and later died of cystic fibrosis. The film premiered at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival, where it was awarded a Special Jury Prize. SICK details Flanagan's lifelong struggle with cystic fibrosis, as well as his eventual death. Flanagan had agreed to participate in the film under the condition that his death be included in the final project.

i watched this last night. tho it does get extremely extreme at times (think bme pain olympics type stuff) and disgusting it tripped me out in a good way i suppose. like ill get stoned n' be paranoid about privacy and shit but this guy does insane stuff and filmed it all for everyone to see. its like who cares, since he knew because of his disease he was going to die early tho he lived long for someone with cystic fibrosis he just went all out and used bdsm as a form of therapy. he had some interesting pieces of art and a good poetry as well imo. he was pretty down to earth and good guy, one part a young girl with cystic fibrosis through the make-a-wish foundation met him so that was real cool of him.

a clip: reciting his "why" poem

Ben: Diary of a Heroin Addict
depressing, especially how shit ended with his dad. like if ben just was on his own alright but damn his dad couldn't retire even at 71 then cancer. sad to see how his addiction effected his whole family and they seemed like some of the nicest people in the world.

Favela Rising

"One night in a favela, an impoverished barrio on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro, an infamous druglord shot and killed four policemen, launching what the favela residents refer to as “The Massacre”: in retaliation, the military police, known for their oppressive corruption, made a sadistic surprise attack on the community and slaughtered 21 of its innocent citizens. Short-listed for this year's Academy Award for Best Documentary, Favela Rising focuses on Anderson Sá, the brother of one of the victims. Instead of seeking revenge by further entrenching himself in drug trafficking—often the only mode of survival for those living in the favelas—he began to wonder how to counteract this cycle of violence. In order to save the youth in his barrio from the grim fate that would most likely await them, Sá began Grupo Cultural AfroReggae, an organization that uses music and dance to rally against the violence and crime that these youth face every day." (82 min)

watched it earlier, i recommend it. trailer

is anyone watching Ancient Aliens the series on the history channel ? the shit is so crazy like im really a believer lol. they rebuild models in a larger scale from artifacts found that look like a aircraft and don't change a thing just make it larger and it takes flight. so gnarly.

http://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens

I just watched the second episode of Steven Hawking's Universe. A very interesting show and perfect for a physics layman like myself. It's on Discovery at 9pm on Sundays...

right on snugg =)

finished the history channels ancient alien series tonight, 5 parts 2 hours each. i enjoyed every minute of it covered a ton of stuff and like i said before im totally a believer. tho they said we could be the ancient aliens travelling back in time or are dna modified with alien dna. like im watching this with my jaw dropped, joint in one hand can of pringles (ranch flavor = so good) in the other just trippin out on all these ideas.

just watched National.Geographic.Taboo.Narcotics (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/taboo/4598/Overview) had 3 segments, first was medical marijuana which was nothing new, but a chill ass old lady that smoked because of MS, man she was awesome chillin in her wheelchair with a shirt on that had a peace sign puffin a joint n' exhaling with a huge smile LEGALIZE IT!

then it focused on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Daime religion in brazil that takes ayahuasca i found this one the most interesting. people living in harmony with nature n' stuff. they even gave doses of the brew to babies. and the psychiatrists/doctors said it had no bad effects on their health or society. amen.

last segment was about a(legal) shooting gallery in vancouver had 12 stations that addicts inject heroin at. one guy od'd but they gave him narcan and and an oxygen mask n' he was saved good stuff. its obvs it saves lives and like the guy said for no good reason other than the drugs being illegal is the reason there aren't more. seek it out, i recommend it.

edit* found a pic of the cool ass lady from the website puffin
4598_Taboo_Narcotics-01_04700300.JPG
peace be with you. blessings.

Last edited:
I know this was recommended earlier, but if you like dark stuff, The Bridge is just a strikingly haunting documentary. Like Earthlings, that one is going to stay with me for a long time.

Street Fight - follows the 2002 run for mayor in Newark N.J. It sounds like it may be boring, but its actually pretty captivating.