Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

There’s always the discussion about how to tread that fine line between staying true to what you love (in this case skateboarding) and showing it to the world. And, it seems the HBO doc The Get By, clocking in at almost twenty minutes, does the perfect job. Interviewing NY skate philanthropist Billy Rohan, Gino, Dr. Z, Fred Gall, Jake Johnson, Todd Jordon, Pops, J. Strickland, 5Boro’s Steve Rodriguez, Tolentino, Strobeck, Quim, Jahmal Williams and others influential in making the NY skate scene what it is today, the doc explores the constant struggle that is skating in the Big Apple, tying these skaters’ passion in with the theme of the HBO show “How To Make It In America.” With filmers like Josh Stewart and R.B. Umali involved, it’s spot on

watch @ http://www.hbo.com/global-video/vid...86&filter=how-to-make-it-in-america&view=null

Heavy Metal Gangs of Wadeye "VBS travels into Australia’s outback in search of the aboriginal youth gangs of Wadeye, all of which have taken their name, dress, and overall attitude from the 1980’s and 90’s golden age of heavy metal."

its pretty cool they banned alcohol so they just smoke weed and have heavy metal "dance offs" and even the girls have gangs called "madonna mob" my kinda peeps! =)

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/music-world/heavy-metal-gangs-of-wadeye-1-of-2

I remember finding out about this I guess probably around the time you posted this, possibly later. I had intended to post it somewhere, maybe in Australian social as to get someone to validate and confirm. I go to do a search to see if the metal gangs have been covered...and they have, by Joe.

What are the fuckin odds?:D

I found the doc itself very cool. Bizarre but nonetheless really cool. Where'd you hear about this? It's kind of an obscure documentary. Myself: i found it through a metal/noise forum.

Last edited:
^ LOL, quite a coincidence dude.

yea, cool and bizarre about sum it up. its weird how the music, heavy metal specifically plays such a huge part in their lives considering they are living in a such an isolated area.

i check the vbs blog, http://www.vbs.tv/blog routinely. the documentaries they produce are always interesting. definitely worth checking out there archive of videos.

^That was a pretty good show. I like how they include the lesser known events and cultural happenings as well as the huge landmark events that took place.

I agree. There are so many interrelated undercurrents and connections that go on in and move through our culture. We are all a part of history.

:)

Hosted by Morgan Freeman, Through the Wormhole explores the deepest mysteries of existence - alien life, black holes, dark matter and lots more!

http://science.discovery.com/videos/through-the-wormhole/

just saw the first episode i think there is 5 in total. first one was titled "is there a creator" it was dope, my favorite part was this nasa guy talking about super computers and how like every 13 months they get twice as powerful. he said it will be possible to create a puter program with photo realistic images and inhabit it with artificial intelligence thus the programmers will be a sort of "god" he also has this idea that we are computer programs inhabiting a simulated world programmed on a super computer by humans from the future. far out stuff.

i'm sure people have mentioned both, but American Movie and King Kong are two great documentaries about nothing big.

^ sweet anna karina avatar.

real good techno documentary: Universal Techno

if anyone happens to watch it, its 7 parts, but only 6/7 is up and watch the ones with (1996) in the title cause the ones that are labeled "pt.2, pt.3, etc" are only excerpts.

surely its been mentioned, but the Life of Mammals by Sir David Attenborough

ALL of the 'Life of....' series are brilliant.

"out foxed" a documentary on how fox news uses propaganda,and scare tactics to promote their conservative agenda. This movie changed my view the main stream media, I would for sure recommened this to anyone interested in politics.

Born into Brothels

easily my favorite documentary. it follows a photographer who befriends and gives hope to children living in Calcutta's Red Light District.

i really enjoyed "i know what i saw". finally a ufo doco without stupid editing and effects.'

it's currently on abc iview for aussies. i access it through the ps3.

Born into Brothels

easily my favorite documentary. it follows a photographer who befriends and gives hope to children living in Calcutta's Red Light District.

most excellent film8o

ever seen Weeping camel? Cant even believe what i watched. amazing film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373861/ the ending will blow ur mind

In the spring of the Gobi Desert, in South Mongolia, a nomadic family of shepherds has troubles when one camel has a tough two days delivery, immediately rejecting the offspring. The family unsuccessfully uses their best efforts trying to force the female to accept and feed the newborn. When there is no further hope of saving the animal, they send their two sons to bring a musician from the nearest town to perform a ritual and save the "baby camel".