Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

yea it had me on wiki all night and watching tom cruise rant on youtube after lol. the Prison of Belief, such a fitting title. i kept on thinkin how the fuck is this even possible but in the world we live in with people blinded by faith and religious extremism it isn't all that surprising when ya really think about... people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cult 101

- study philosophy, theology, mysticism, psychology, perhaps some science fiction and poetry

- change the terminology (this is the most important part because you have to make people believe you made the shit up)

- find a solid group of morons (ex. Mormons) ofc you want them to have young wives and money

- write a book, you can even set an Armageddon date just make sure it's at least 20 years from now.

- Eventually get your own compound out in the middle of nowhere.

- obviously you have to choose the "anointed one" (choose wisely)

Last edited:
i think you posted that in the wrong thread

and i think the most important part of being a cult leader is being extremely charismatic

getting high with a hallucinogenic toad prophet

Published on Apr 7, 2015 Our Vice Mexico team went to the Sonora desert in search of the Bufo Alvarius, an endemic toad species that contains a very high dosage of 5-MEO-DMT in it´s body. 5-MEO-DMT is said to be the most potent hallucinogenic in the world.

Our guide through this trip was Octavio Rettig, a doctor who has studied this toad for more than eight year and has brought the medicine - as he calls the substance - all over the world.

We went to Punta Chueca, Sonora, where we hanged out with the indigenous community who has been taking 5-MEO-DMT from the toad since pre-hispanic times. We met Grandpa Pancho - one of the elders of the town - and travelled with him to the sacred island of Isla Tiburón. There we had a small ceremony where we tried the substance for the very first time.

probably one of the best vice drug related experiences/documentaries i have yet seen. the ceremony itself was so beautiful. its well worth twenty minutes of anyones time to watch. i loved it.

...kytnism...:|

Yeah it was pretty cool, I wish cane toads gave out that stuff. I'd be indulging in it for sure.

I've had plenty of LSD in my time and some great experiences, but so far nothing has come close to the experiences I had on shrooms a few times in Bali, tripping on that stuff was amazing and I would really like to try 5-MEO-DMT and see what I thought.

Is it common in Australia at all does anyone know?

agreed. the above certainly tickled my personal curiosities. i love the notion of the afterglow per se that follows within you for quite some time afterwards. a good spiritual awakening is always wonderful for the soul.

as for its availability within australia; i too am interested to know and am hoping someone with more knowledge or that is involved in the psychedelic lifestyle/community has some light to shed on the subject.

^Amazing when you have even the prosecutor calling Big Pharma to account. I've not seen that out here--we are still stuck in blame-the-addict mode as far as I can see. And you've got to love Big Pharma's response which is essentially a big yawn followed by making the pills 24x more potent.8(

Aside: Kept wondering how many Bluelighters might have been in that film.

another excellent and insightful piece, thanks pole :D

journeyman really deserves a sundance award or prominent recognition of some sort for his work in the documentary field. im yet to watch something hes produced and not enjoy it.

^ Do they actually produce the shows? For some reason I thought they (journeyman) were just copying them from SBS and ABC and adding them with their watermark over the top that says journeyman.tv or whatever and some stuff sometimes at the start or end that they have added themselves.

Like for example on this one about pharma pills at the start it says - 'PILL OVERKILL' SBS DateLine April 2015.

Hrm, I'm not sure. Anyone got any thoughts?

Last edited:
^ Do they actually produce the shows? For some reason I thought they (journeyman) were just copying them from SBS and ABC and adding them with their watermark over the top that says journeyman.tv or whatever and some stuff sometimes at the start or end that they have added themselves.

Like for example on this one about pharma pills at the start it says - 'PILL OVERKILL' SBS DateLine April 2015.

Hrm, I'm not sure. Anyone got any thoughts?

no. youre totally right. journeyman doesnt directly produce anything they broadcast. it simply promotes topics that are groundbreaking (not limited to the SBS and ABC/4 corners networks) and generally considered social taboo or lacking deep knowledge of. i really enjoyed watching this last night:

it is apparent with the current leadership of australias government how swept under the rug the issue of asylum seeking/treatment of asylum seekers and the politics of immigration is handled at present. its an unjust system with many flaws that can be construed as discrimination that obviously needs attention as peoples freedoms/civil rights and personal health/wellbeing are currently at stake.

not sure why but youtube recommended i watch louis theroux, so that's what i've been doing all night. the LA stories series, san quentin, and gambling in vegas. pretty sure someone mentioned the LA ones previously but holy shit did the one @ cedars sinai hospital with really ill patients hit me, like i wanna buy my mom flowers now @ 2am.

looking forward to this HR Giger that comes out next week

I came across this website which i came across through the tim ferris podcast

truefilms.com

It's succinct reviews of many well executed and accessible documentaries. This call could be hasty but I intuit it could be a veritable gold mine of future viewing inspiration

^ It seems to have been 'removed by the user'.

it was journeyman. thats odd?

not sure why but youtube recommended i watch louis theroux, so that's what i've been doing all night. the LA stories series, san quentin, and gambling in vegas. pretty sure someone mentioned the LA ones previously but holy shit did the one @ cedars sinai hospital with really ill patients hit me, like i wanna buy my mom flowers now @ 2am.

looking forward to this HR Giger that comes out next week

im with you joe, going on a louis theroux journey is always enriching for the soul. i love a good theroux marathon. and as for HR Giger, im totally going to watch that (thanks for the link). his art is remarkable <3

I still wonder about journeyman. How do they own the rights of these shows they post, is what they are doing legal? Not that I really care too much, but I went to their website and read the about them and the whole thing looks a bit simple and unprofessional. The website looks like a kid in high school made it.

I'm wondering if they just pinch shows, re-label them and upload them to get millions of hits and get paid off youtube (google).

I'm probably wrong lol.

In any case I enjoy watching alot of the stuff they upload, and maybe they are part of production for the ones they upload. That amphetamines one I posted just above was from '99 and the names on the credits, none of them match any of the people on the about journeyman team on their website. I would guess ABC or SBS or which ever show they use is actually the owner of the content, not JM, so I'm not sure how they get away with it.

Maybe they do own the rights, I have no idea i guess.

im guessing youre 100% right, and while that notion is kinda shitty and plagiarizing; i enjoy the content too much to stop watching (its not everyday you stumble across such an excellent library of documentaries). hypocritical sure, but perhaps also why their content occasionally is removed (for violation of DMCA laws)?