Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rant about Pillreports user content

MDMAhead

Bluelighter
OK guys, I have just created a BL account (although I have read the forums here for a while, and think its a great site!). I have done a few posts on pillreports under the name 'jimmyhillreports', including 3 recent reports. If you wanna know a bit about me, read my first pillreport ('W111' aka 'BMW M3').

I would have liked to put this rant on pillreports, but it would probably just get deleted, and i think that this is a better forum for me to vent my spleen, so here goes:

Its really annoyed me for a while that most people on pillreports (at least the Australian section) actually do not know what MDMA feels like. You get people rating pills as '8/10' or '9/10', yet the description they give of their experience does not sound (to me) like MDMA at all.

I should make it clear - I absolutely love MDMA - its my favourite drug by far. The main effects i find it has on me are:

1) It makes me feel incredibly happy, to the point where i literally can't stop smiling (its an amazing feeling)

2) It makes music sound absolutely amazing (the rhythm becomes a part of me, and melodies become truly beautiful)

3) It makes me crave physical contact with other people

4) It makes me crave talking to other people

5) It makes me feel relaxed, my worries disappear, i lose my inhibitions and prejudices - people just become people (not that i consider myself to be particularly racist/sexist/ageist/homophobic/eliteist, but to some extent everyone makes judgements about other people without really knowing them)

6) It makes me empathetic towards others - it makes me a better listener.

7) It makes me open and honest with people - i think its pretty amazing when you have a totally open, honest conversation with someone you've never even met before.

8) It makes me energetic - but not in a speedy way - it does not make every muscle in my body shake with energy, but i certainly do not feel tired when i am high on MDMA. Oh and my body just moves to the music - its like i have no control over it.

OK, now that i have got that out of the way, I will tell you the type of things people on pillreports say that annoy me:

'Great pills - they completely floored me - i was unable to move or speak for 5 hours' That probably wasn't MDMA - like i say, i find mdma to be a very social drug. It does not make me 'monged out' or 'munted'.

'Great pills - i tripped my nuts off for 8 hours - i kept seeing aliens with 10 arms walking around the club' That probably wasn't MDMA - I do get mild halucinations on MDMA - but only very mild. Oh and i do enjoy tripping - but if i want to trip then i will take mushrooms/acid. It is not what i take pills for.

'Great pills - i could barely walk and couldnt feel my legs' That probably wasnt MDMA - in my experience, when i am high on MDMA, i am perfectly able to walk normally. I am also perfectly able to hold a conversation normally. The only difference is i feel incredibly happy. But i do not feel fucked/muntered. Thats one of the beautiful things about MDMA - you stilll have that clarity of thought, and ability to do most things as normal.

'Great pills - i had insane eye-wobbles and i chewed my face off the whole night' That probably wasnt MDMA - it annoys the hell out of me when someone on pillreports is reviewing a pill, and the first thing they talk about is eye-wobbles and gurning/teeth-grinding - in my experience, those are NOT THE PRIMARY EFFECTS OF MDMA (see above for what i consider the primary effects of mdma to be)

'Great pills - the peak lasted an hour, after which i felt tired and went to bed' That probably wasnt MDMA - in my experience, the high i get from a proper MDMA pill lasts AT LEAST 3 hours. If you have really good MDMA pills, you really shouldnt need any more than 4 for a big night out (sadly because most of the pills in melbourne are shit, i often end up taking up to 8 in a night, and still dont get any decent high)

'Great pills - i couldnt sleep for the next 4 days' That probably wasnt MDMA - yes, MDMA is a type of amphetamine, but i find that its speed-like effects are dwarfed by its euphoric effects.

(Note: when i say that all of these pills were probably not mdma - of course, they could have contained MDMA, but they were certainly not clean MDMA)

Another thing that annoys me about pillreports is when people say 'good, clean MDXX pills'. LOL - the whole point of using the term 'MDXX' is that you cannot pinpoint what is in them. The term presumably came about because most pill testing kits cannot tell the difference between MDMA, MDA, and MDEA. But when people say something like 'I beleive that these pills contain a fair amount of MDXX', that is about about as useful to me as someone saying 'I beleive that these pills contain a large amount of baking powder, as well as a small amount of toilet cleaner'. Yes - most pill-testing kits cannot tell the difference between MDMA, MDA, and MDEA, but in terms of their effects, MDMA is so distinct from every other drug i have ever taken. And it is MDMA that i want in a pill - not MDA, not MDEA, not baking powder, and not toilet cleaner. If you cannot tell the difference in effects between MDMA and the other MDXX compounds, then you really shouldnt be writing reviews/comments on pillreports.

It also annoys me when people review a pill, despite being off their face on another drug first - you get people saying:

'I smoked half a gram of ice, then i took this pill. I found the pill to be pretty speedy' LOL - no shit you found the pill speedy

'I took 2 microdots, then i took this pill. I found the pill to be quite trippy' Again, LOL

Personally, i am a big fan of the pure MDMA experience. When i take pills, i do not want to get 'fucked'/'munted'/'off my head'. However, due to the crap that most pills contain, i do often end up getting muntered. But i dont see how someone can give an accurate description of the effects of a pill if they are off their head on another drug at the time.

The sad truth is - most pills in melbourne (and presumably the rest of australia) contain little or no MDMA. I have been taking pills for 8 years now, and i remember a time when you used to go into a club, and as you walked across the dancefloor, almost everyone would have a big ecstasy smile on their face, and as you walked past people, they would touch you (in a friendly way). Nowadays you walk into a club, and nobody smiles, nobody whistles, nobody puts their hands in the air, nobody initiates conversations with strangers, and half the people are just sat on sofas muntered.

The people i feel most sorry for are the people who have only started taking pills in the last 3 years or so, because the overwhelming likelihood is that they have never had a proper MDMA pill, and as a result, they think that MDMA is something that it isnt - they think its something that leaves them monged out on a couch for 5 hours, or something that gives them lots of visual halucinations, or something that makes their jaw completely lock shut.

My friend (who is also the dealer i got the 3 recent pills i reported on pillreports from) has annoyed me recently - he keeps kidding himself that the pills he sells are good, even though i know them to be total garbage. Its just that he doesnt know what the effects of MDMA are (hes a pothead anyway, and thats the only drug he really cares about). Recently, he got hold of an 'MDMA cap', opened it up, and a few of us did lines from it. The powder was brown, and completely stank. He said to me 'look at this stuff - it completely stinks of MDMA - it must be really good'. I pointed out to him that pure MDMA powder was white and odourless, but he didnt beleive me. And sure enough, after snorting a line, it didnt do anything for me at all. He said to me - 'what do you mean this isnt MDMA? - its called an MDMA cap'. LOL - i dont even know where to start. Theres just no point in even arguing with someone who thinks that because their dealer sells them an 'MDMA cap', it must contain MDMA. Oh and speaking of MDMA caps, i have also bought MDMA caps off a different source, and they were also garbage - weak as hell and really dirty.

Oh and another thing that bugs me - over the last year, so many people on pillreports have been saying how good the green hearts are. Well i have bought many different green hearts off many different sources (including off randoms inside clubs), and i do not beleive any of tham have contained any MDMA. I beleive all of them have been MDA. I think that a lot of people think that MDA is MDMA. This is almost certainly because they have never had MDMA, and dont know what its effects are. It makes me sad, because in my opinion MDMA is a million times better than MDA.

I think that pillreports has become almost useless - i cannot trust most people's reviews/comments, because they simply do not know what a good pill really is. Although it does still have some use in harm reduction, especially if people have actually tested the pills - i obviously dont want to be taking pills that contain PMA or something else that could actually kill me. But whenever someone says 'good pill', i now always take it with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, if anyone has actually bothered reading down to here, i salute you. I'm sorry if this post doesnt seem to have really gone anywhere - i just needed to get it off my chest.

It makes me sad that it is almost impossible to get MDMA pills in melbourne. But it makes me sadder still that most people dont even seem to care. They just think that a pill is a pill, and just go on taking their crappy pills regardless.

[EDIT: Thread renamed. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'd like to think that I know a good amount about MDMA being a 12 year user. You are right about some of the reports. Most non-experienced users are not able to distinguish between different substances in the pill your right. But also, on really really good tabs that I've taken, I was unable to move for several hours too because good wig puts you in another world(eyes roll back and off I go). You seem like a social drug taker, where as I only take E and psych's for introspection. The wanting to talk to people is usually on the come up, and the REAL x takes you places so far beyond just talking and loving on everyone. But I know what your saying about the seeing 20 aliens......they're probably taking foxy or something.

Wow - nice rant and first post!

Yep - pillreports is an imperfect beast there's no doubt. And with the majority of posters being young and having only limited experience it's not surprising. I guess you have to look at it from the perspective that it's far better than nothing.

I still get something from it, but need to read between the lines.

Wow that's a large 'rant' hahaha.

Everything I read on pillreports these days I take with a grain of salt most of the users on their are young and don't know much shit, a lot of them don't even know about Bluelight which in my opinion is a much more informative site then pillreports...

Back in the day when pillreports first started the reports where a lot more accurate unless their was a dealer trying to talk up his shit but they quickly got informed it was shit.

I use to put reports on their and I always got 5 stars for my reports but as it went downhill I decided that it would be best to just stick with doing 'Pill Info Requests' on here were I can other peoples inputs.

A lot of the users on Pillreports don't even know what MDMA actually feels like because most pills these days don't just have MDMA in them they alway have some other shit or something that feels similar so they become confused and say, "Oh my god these pills are the best." When actually they are quite shite!

Nice rant, couldn't agree with you more and that's why i stopped posting on the site.

A large portion of pill users wouldn't have a clue what they're taking and i want it to stay that way so there's more good gear for us in "the know"

Let 'em be mate, there's already too high a demand for ecstasy in this country and as long as people i don't know and don't care about are taking pressed piperzaines, meth, ketamine and 2C*'s there will be less demand on the already short supply of MDMA in this country.

I agree with the OP somewhat, but he has alot of errors in his thinking. Firstly, the effects of pills vary greatly from person to person, especially when the user is more experienced. I have taken a pill one night and had energy and bounced around and had a great time then on another occasion take exactly the same pill and feel a bit tired for half an hour. It is a variable drug, and subjective experiences tell little about it.

but in terms of their effects, MDMA is so distinct from every other drug i have ever taken. And it is MDMA that i want in a pill - not MDA, not MDEA

Heres just one thing I am going to address. MDMA, is not distinct compared to MDA. In fact the differences are tiny, if it wasn't for the differing durations it would be very hard to tell at all the difference. That and you probably want MDA in your pills contrary to what you say, and if you don't want it then that is just because you haven't tried it. Essentially the same experience just a bunch longer, what isn't to like?

Heres just one thing I am going to address. MDMA, is not distinct compared to MDA. In fact the differences are tiny, if it wasn't for the differing durations it would be very hard to tell at all the difference. That and you probably want MDA in your pills contrary to what you say, and if you don't want it then that is just because you haven't tried it. Essentially the same experience just a bunch longer, what isn't to like?

MDA is less empathetic and far more hallucinagenic than MDMA though right? I think it may be more neurotoxic and have a lower LD50 but can't remember where I read that so I could be wrong. As you mentioned it's not necessarily a bad thing to have in pills compared to speed/ket/piperzines etc :D

Oh and to the original poster, if your only experiences taking "ecstacy" have been pills then I wouldn't guarantee you could precisely differentiate between MDMA, MDA, MDEA etc. I'd rather someone writes MDXX on a pill report than MDMA because a pill report is a subjective experience; without GCMS testing the end user can't guarantee they have one substance or another.

I agree with most of the second half of your rant but the first half? Come on.... eye wobbles, teeth gurning, being "munted", tripping, being stuck to the couch, not feeling legs etc, they're all possible and common effects of high doses of MDMA my friend.

Last edited:
I also think those 'green hearts' must have had more MDA in them than is normal as a byproduct of making MDMA; they were the only pills to ever make me hallucinate, though it was more like optical illusions than anything psychedelic and only occured during the comedown.

I'm actually curious does anybody know what the "dirty" byproducts are in badly cooked MDMA? I have heard that substituting certain ingredients can lead to PMA, but pressumably making MDxx yeilds a variety of chemicals which are then extracted (or not.) Can anybody list these?

Pistachio you are talking complete crap.

1 ) The effects of MDMA are remarkably predictable from one person to another, and from one occasion to another. It is not like psychadelics, where the effect of the drug depends on many different variables (your mood, the people around you, the situation you are in etc etc).

2 ) MDA and MDMA are like chalk and cheese. There is only 1 drug that makes me smile from ear to ear (not to mention all the other effects I mentioned in my original post). MDA makes me sit on a couch going 'wow these lights look cool'. Dont get me wrong - its not a bad experience, but it is NO WAY NEAR as good as MDMA. If you do not think you can tell the difference between the 2 drugs, then i suggest this is because you have never had a proper MDMA experience (which is entirely possible given the quality of pills in this country). You are precisely the sort of person my original rant was about.

Belarki - I agree with you that it is better to have MDA in a pill than a lot of other things, but that isnt saying much.

Oh and as far as my experience with pills goes, i have had incredibly clean MDMA pills (although not very often). If a pill contains a high dose of clean MDMA, it is completely apparent from the high you get - like i say, you do not feel at all fucked/muntered. Hallucinations are mild (if any). You can do almost anything just as you could if you were not high, the primary difference being that you feel incredibly happy. The best pills i have ever had were these:

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=4526#comments

(I should say at this point that I am from Manchester, England)

These pills were reportedly imports from The Netherlands. Neither the report nor any of the comments were from me, but i wholeheartedly agree with their sentiments!!! I only took half a pill, and i was actually loved-up. Half a pill has never done that to me before. My friend took 2 halves in the space of an hour, and spent the next 5 hours thanking me for being such a good friend (whilst i dont doubt he meant it, he doesnt normally say things like that, hehe). It was these pills that made me beleive that you actually can get as high as your first time taking pills - provided the pills are good enough (which the vast vast majority aren't).

As far as 'eye wobbles, teeth gurning, being "munted", tripping, being stuck to the couch, not feeling legs etc' - of course MDMA will give you these effects if you take a stupidly huge amount. In the same way that alcohol makes you slur your speech, fall over, and dribble from your mouth if you drink a shitload. but i do not consider these to be the primary effects of alcohol.

I do accept though, Belarki, that i cannot precisely tell you how much of each substance is in a pill if the pill contains several different MDXX compounds - the only way you can do this is by a proper lab analysis. However, I can always tell if a pill contains any decent amount of MDMA. If you know that a pill contains MDMA, but that it also contains something else, then its fair enough to describe the contents as 'MDXX'. Just please dont ever use the phrase 'good, clean MDXX pills'. Its a contradiction in terms.

I agree completely with Pistachio's first point; drugs other then psychedelics can be felt subjectively different from person to person. Some people may get more pronounced effects from MDMA that for others lie in the background, and set and setting can be very important with MDMA as well.

As for his second point, I found MDA to be quite different to MDMA, a less loved up feeling and less euphoria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

The primary effects attributable to MDMA consumption are predictable and fairly consistent amongst users.[36][37][38] The most common effects include:

* Euphoria
* Decreased hostility and insecurity
* Increased feelings of intimacy with others
* Feelings of empathy towards others
* Ability to discuss anxiety-provoking topics with markedly increased ease
* A strong sense of inner peace and self-acceptance
* Feelings of insightfulness and mental clarity
* Intensification of sensory experience, particularly auditory and tactile
* Decreased appetite
* Urinary retention (also see hyponatremia)
* Mydriasis (abnormal pupil dilation)
* Increased physical energy
* Increased heart rate and blood pressure
* Increased mean body temperature

Yes, but people may experience those at different subjective levels. I'm not saying it's possible to take MDMA and experience something completely different (e.g. like the effects of a completely different drug), but it's entirely possible to experience some things on those list and not others or at different levels.

For example, I don't get that much increased physical energy and often find myself just lying around writhing in pleasure. I can also feel 'hostility', or at the very least annoyance and frustration with people while on MDMA.

Yes, there is a real chance that people may be confused about what they are taking but a lot of the things you are saying are 'wrong' can easily be explained by subjective experience.

Thats a fair point, Mr Blonde. Indeed, one effect that MDMA has on me which is more pronounced than on most people is its enhancement of my enjoyment of music. When i am on mdma, electronic music ABSOLUTELY BLOWS MY MIND, whereas with some people they hardly care less about the music. So there are differences.

However, i still maintain that if someone is halucinating strongly, or their jaw is completely locked, or they are unable to speak, then chances are its not the MDMA thats doing it.

I didnt read your entire rant...........mainly because by the time i got down to your comments about eye wiggles I had pretty much had enough.

Those that I read I disagree with your thoughts pretty much on every single one.

It is easy to get munterd or floored on mdma... just take a bit more than what you are obviously used to.

People using words such as i couldnt feel my legs.............I doubt they are using those words meaning they have no feeling but more meaning they were havinbg a great time.

Eye wiggles are very common for many people and a great way to explain the quality of a pill...hell you wont get them from meth. Not everyone feels the same stuff as you do and not everyone is at the same stage of usage as you are.

I think you are taking what people write far to literally. I also think you are using your own experiences as far to big a yard stick of whats right and whats wrong. Try to remember that we are all different.

I havent read anyone elses replies eityher yet so im sorry if this is just a repeat. i will try and get back later when i have more time and mabe add some more and even finish readfing your post.

Pistachio you are talking complete crap.

1 ) The effects of MDMA are remarkably predictable from one person to another, and from one occasion to another. It is not like psychadelics, where the effect of the drug depends on many different variables (your mood, the people around you, the situation you are in etc etc).

I will have to insist that this simply isn't true. I have found, the effects are vastly different in just one person, with a substantial break and the exact same pill. This can be for no apparent reason at all. Set and setting could be identical but experiences be different. The only situation that this is perhaps not the case, and I made this point in my original post, is in first time users or at least beginners. In which case it seems as if any old crap gives lovely experiences of the same sort for everyone. For me and most of my friends at this point, even with quality pills, ones that have been great for everyone and seem clean from subjective experiences it is still a lotto. This is a good part of why I don't bother with pills anymore.

2 ) MDA and MDMA are like chalk and cheese. There is only 1 drug that makes me smile from ear to ear (not to mention all the other effects I mentioned in my original post). MDA makes me sit on a couch going 'wow these lights look cool'. Dont get me wrong - its not a bad experience, but it is NO WAY NEAR as good as MDMA. If you do not think you can tell the difference between the 2 drugs, then i suggest this is because you have never had a proper MDMA experience (which is entirely possible given the quality of pills in this country). You are precisely the sort of person my original rant was about.

As for the differences between the two, maybe your psychoactive pallet is more
refined than mine. But really, the hallucinogenic component of MDA is rather weak and even on MDMA things are prettier so its not that far off. For me it is equally euphoric (MDMA isn't very euphoric anymore). For me they are equally un-energetic (MDMA usually makes me tired rather than energetic). Do enough MDMA, loose the magic, and believe me, you will feel the same way about it as well. So not chalk and cheese at all, I would say two slightly different sorts of cheese, with one lasting six hours and the other lasting vastly shorter.

Pistachio said:
For me it is equally euphoric (MDMA isn't very euphoric anymore).

Ha, I think you should have included this qualifying statement with your original post that you find MDA and MDMA to be on equal footing. ;)

For me, someone who hasn't 'lost the magic', MDA is a lot less euphoric.

Ha, I think you should have included this qualifying statement with your original post that you find MDA and MDMA to be on equal footing. ;)

For me, someone who hasn't 'lost the magic', MDA is a lot less euphoric.

To be honest I never found MDMA all that euphoric to begin with. Sure I was happy, but that was because I used to bounce around and talk to people and socialize. It wasn't like the "OMG the universe is beautiful and everything is love." feeling I get with LSD.

Pistachio - the more i read from you, the more it seems to me like you have never had a proper MDMA experience.

Mazdan - if people on pillreports are not describing their experience of a pill in literal terms, then what use is the site to me (or to anyone)? If i wanted to read a work of fiction, i would read a novel.

And i think you are missing my point about eye-wiggles. Saying 'this pill is great because it gave me major eye-wiggles' is like saying 'Jordan is a successful glamour model because she has a pretty face'. No, she is a successful glamour model because she has massive boobs. The fact that she has a pretty face is relevant, but of secondary importance.

- I am not saying that a pill shouldn't give you eye-wiggles, but if the first thing you describe when reviewing a pill is the eye-wiggles you got (rather than extreme happiness, empathy, relaxation etc etc), than I suggest that the pill actually wasnt that good.

Pistachio - the more i read from you, the more it seems to me like you have never had a proper MDMA experience.

This isn't really much of an argument, if anything I have had too many MDMA experiences, some of them are what you would describe as proper. Alot of them have been anything but proper. I am no fool, I have been able to ascertain all sorts of adulterants from my own subjective experiences with what I believe to be very good accuracy. I have a large pool of knowledge to draw from including but not limited to associates that are pharmacists and chemists. I have plenty of time on my hands to research these things. But really, it is all irrelevant considering, subjective experiences differ individually and among different people even when taking the same pills (clean or dirty, strong or weak) or caps or crystal MDMA, regardless of dosages. With a tendency for more recent adopters to have more of the positive effects while more experienced users tend to experience effects that you describe as being non-MDMA related in your post.

- I am not saying that a pill shouldn't give you eye-wiggles, but if the first thing you describe when reviewing a pill is the eye-wiggles you got (rather than extreme happiness, empathy, relaxation etc etc), than I suggest that the pill actually wasnt that good.

Just because you prefer the nicer aspects of the pill, doesn't mean the effects of less value aren't useful indications of pill strength. Eye-wobbles are somewhat an indication of the strength even if you don't like them or consider them an unsavory phenomena.

EDIT:
I would also like to mention something about a statement in your first post. You said if you can't tell if you have had MDMA or MDA you probably haven't had real MDMA. I would argue that it is the opposite, what with MDMA being hugely more common than MDA. It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Pistachio - when did you first start taking pills? If it is in the last 3 years or so, then the overwhelming likelihood is that you have never had strong, clean MDMA pills.

You are the only person i have ever heard of who claims that they don't find MDMA euphoric. This is what leads me to beleive that, whilst you may think you have had MDMA, you actually haven't.