• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Questions re short term Gabapentin & Baclofen use/withdrawal

I take 60MG of Bacolfen and 1200MG of GABAPentin which I take another dose an Hour after the 1200MG GABAPentin the Tolerance rises fast but not to the therapeutic effects like the person said. When I first got Baclofen I had a friend coming over and he said he was banging on my windows and stuff and thought I was dead or something O.D. because I was passed out cold from the Baclofen since it has a nice relaxing effect at 40MG to 60MG and by itself I'd say without a tolerance it willl definitely make u sleepy but with a tolerance it only seems to make me sleepy because it mixes well with the GABAPenitn.

The point is I have been using huge doses of GABAPentin AND Baclofen Daily and I cold turkey ALL THE TIME so it all depends on the person and how your body works whether or not your even going to experience withdrawal since for some reason that I can't explain even after say 48 Hours after not using my normal usual 60MG Baclofen Nightly Sleeping Dose I don't experience Withdrawal Symptoms same with the huge doses of GABApentin so...

Moderate-High dose Baclofen is notorious for making you suddenly fall into a very, VERY deep sleep. I have had people screaming in my face at the top of their voice, people slapping me pretty hard, etc. And just ZERO response.

I meant drink your urine haha. Baclofen withdrawal can be dangerous and extremely unpleasant. Since 85% of it is excreted in your urine you could keep yourself out of withdrawal by consuming your pee. Plus, because each time you drank it the amount of baclofen in it would decrease by 15%, it makes an actually decent way to taper off.
Hahahaholy shit!!! I guess it makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. I’ve never heard that one before. It’s amazing what addicts and people will do to deal with fucking drugs. I was in withdrawals the last few days. Got my script filled this morning. Feelin better. ?

Yea i was taking to 4800mgs of Gabapentin.Sometimes more.But today im only taking 1500 mgs of it Ive had some body aches but nothing a little bit of Kratom cant help.How is phenibut is it more recreational than gabapentin and does it help with pain? I heard it can pack a bad hangover with headache and nausea is that true?Thanks for your help youve been more than kind.Good vibes to u
Hey @Crowsonator2008 how’s things going? Just thought I’d check in. Tryin to be supportive, that’s all. Hope you’re doin well. ??

Hey @Crowsonator2008 how’s things going? Just thought I’d check in. Tryin to be supportive, that’s all. Hope you’re doin well. ??
Thanks man.Yea im doing better im down to 1200mgs of gabapentin dropped from 1500.I fucked up the other day and used some ice on top of my daily prozac dose well the next day I stayed soaked in sweat the entire day even though the house was 69 degrees.Well that night I notice i was shivering like crazy and was freezing cold.Well I ended up having 2 seizures that night and then woke up the next morning with a 103.5 fever.I was at the hospital today and they cant figure it out.I think it is Serotonin syndrome from the meth and prozac.I felt confused the whole time i was spun.It was no fun i flushed the rest of the dope.Do you think its Serotonin Syndrome are something to do with the gabapentin withdrawal.I know one thing im staying away from ice for now on.and are GABAergic drugs good for fever?

Thanks man.Yea im doing better im down to 1200mgs of gabapentin dropped from 1500.I fucked up the other day and used some ice on top of my daily prozac dose well the next day I stayed soaked in sweat the entire day even though the house was 69 degrees.Well that night I notice i was shivering like crazy and was freezing cold.Well I ended up having 2 seizures that night and then woke up the next morning with a 103.5 fever.I was at the hospital today and they cant figure it out.I think it is Serotonin syndrome from the meth and prozac.I felt confused the whole time i was spun.It was no fun i flushed the rest of the dope.Do you think its Serotonin Syndrome are something to do with the gabapentin withdrawal.I know one thing im staying away from ice for now on.and are GABAergic drugs good for fever?
Holy shit man!! That sounds terrible!

I know nothing about meth. Glad you flushed it. I’m sure some google searching could give you some info about combining meth and prozac. I know it’s hard wen you’re an addict but you need to just stay sober while you taper. If highly consider going to some recovery meetings of some sort, even if you don’t like them or want to go. Combining all these drugs is really dangerous. Sorry I don’t have more info for you. Just keep tapering and do some shit to help you feel better naturally. Walks/excersize, hot showers, plenty of food abd sleep etc. Stay strong brother! Keep us posted. You can do this!!!

I know nothing about meth. Glad you flushed it. I’m sure some google searching could give you some info about combining meth and prozac. I know it’s hard wen you’re an addict but you need to just stay sober while you taper. If highly consider going to some recovery meetings of some sort, even if you don’t like them or want to go. Combining all these drugs is really dangerous. Sorry I don’t have more info for you. Just keep tapering and do some shit to help you feel better naturally. Walks/excersize, hot showers, plenty of food abd sleep etc. Stay strong brother! Keep us posted. You can do this!!!

Looks like there’s some serious serotonin stuff going on with meth and ssri’s. I’m no pharmacist thiugh so I don’t really understand it.

This one says SSRIs with meth can cause serotonin syndrome...

Oh shit yeah, taking meth or MDMA or other serotonin releasers on top of SSRIs like prozac is a serious no-no... sounds like serotonin syndrome which can be life-threatening.

Welp im doing much better today.No fever or shivering so far.My fever broke last night, and I woke up this morning drenched in sweat (which I believe to be a good thing).This was a real eye opener for me and I will never touch meth again.I mean seriously the Serotonin Syndrome and mouth sores from teeth grinding and grimacing aint worth it.
Anyways the gabapentin taper is still going well I will continue taking 1200 mg for this week and then drop down to 900 mg next week and continue to drop 300 a week till im off of it.
Ive tried getting into AA and NA just never could get into it because im kinda introverted and dont do good in social groups but I may try something like Celebrate Revovery because they deal with more than just drug addiction they also deal with mental issues also.
Anyways thanks for all yalls support I really appreciate it and I apologize for getting off topic with the meth abuse.But anyways I hope yall all have a great and ill keep yall posted.

Oh shit yeah, taking meth or MDMA or other serotonin releasers on top of SSRIs like prozac is a serious no-no... sounds like serotonin syndrome which can be life-threatening.
Yea man and I didnt have any benzos to treat it with and when I went to the hospital they treated me like shit when they found the meth in my system.They gave me some toradol which helped with the fever but did nothing for the extreme headache, High heart rate, muscle spasma, and body aches.They were to dumb or lazy to figure out it is was Serotonin Syndrome and gave me the famous drug addict treatment.I would of did better at a free clinic lol

Wow that's sketchy, I'm glad it didn't get worse at the hospital! I hate the drug user stigma. Oftentimes medical professionals will treat you like garbage when they should really just do their jobs.

I am glad I have never gotten addicted to this class of drugs because I have heard the withdrawal is hell. I am extremely surprised that I haven't and I suspect I am not very susceptible because I have been prescribed gabapentin several times. I once took it 900mgs a day for about four months and didn't notice anything at all upon discontinuation. The other times I would just binge on it for several days every few weeks. Gaba and phenibut are some of my favorite drugs. I used phenibut for approx. 2.5 yrs before I finally experienced my first withdrawal. My usage was usually weekly or bi weekly several day binges but the last time when I experienced withdrawal I was using it for several weeks to come off heroin. My withdrawal was similar to benzo withdrawal but not quite as intense. The anxiety was different than benzos. There was a much more pronounced sense of paranoia, in which I believed co-workers were plotting against me. I had lots of very weird thoughts, where as benzos just caused intense overwhelming anxiety.

Interestingly, for me, phenibut withdrawal is surprisngly mild, but long-lasting with some shitty symptoms. I feel flat-lined sort of, the opposite of the phenibut high. I feel pretty comfortable physically though, but my mind will sometimes just go off on these crazy anxiety trips, for anywhere from seconds to minutes, and I'll have to catch myself and realize it's just the withdrawal. I still have periods of time where I'm having a good time and laughing and stuff on most days. The worst part is the insomnia, it's almost impossible to sleep. I would take a benzo every few days for sleep so I didn't get too sleep deprived. Or heavily drinking works too but makes the other symptoms worse the next day. When I do manage to sleep, I have these crazy vivid dreams, that are often really cool sometimes kinda weird and a little creepy. My dream recall is intense because I'm sleeping so lightly. Some of the coolest dreams I've ever had were from phenibut withdrawal, and I liked that part of it. But yeah it sucks. That's for me anyway, some people report much worse. Unfortunately I experience like 2 days of phenibut rebound that feels quite withdrawal-like, every time I use it now. Gabapentin does the same thing but a lot less intensely than phenibut (in terms of rebound). Gabapentin is almost as nice as phenibut but I definitely prefer phenibut, though gabapentin can get a little trippy whereas phenibut doesn't. I take one or the other whenever I'm playing shows or certain other special occasions. I've had a lot of experience with withdrawal from these things and those are my observations. It really does seem like with these, people have different reactions to the withdrawal. Some people find them worse than benzos, for me, I've never withdrawn from benzos but what I go through is nothing like what I hear about benzo withdrawal. But it's still serious.

Welp im doing much better today.No fever or shivering so far.My fever broke last night, and I woke up this morning drenched in sweat (which I believe to be a good thing).This was a real eye opener for me and I will never touch meth again.I mean seriously the Serotonin Syndrome and mouth sores from teeth grinding and grimacing aint worth it.
Anyways the gabapentin taper is still going well I will continue taking 1200 mg for this week and then drop down to 900 mg next week and continue to drop 300 a week till im off of it.
Ive tried getting into AA and NA just never could get into it because im kinda introverted and dont do good in social groups but I may try something like Celebrate Revovery because they deal with more than just drug addiction they also deal with mental issues also
Anyways thanks for all yalls support I really appreciate it and I apologize for getting off topic with the meth abuse.But anyways I hope yall all have a great and ill keep yall posted.
Really glad to hear that you’re doing better! That
Sounded reality scary and dangerous.

After a week on a single dose of Gabapentin you can probably decreased your doses by 300/mg every 3 days, instead of waiting a week. Gabapentin is super weak in the sense that 300mg is a pretty small dose. Phenibut is similar and I had zero problem with dropping every 3rd day. But you do whatever’s comfortable. My thinking is to just get the taper ovèr with to get to freedom ASAP.

I totally understand the reluctance about the meetings. I just think it might be good to have some sort of support system in place while your taper is in place. I find its helpful even if I don’t share or anything. Just helps me feel a bit more confident for an hour or two.

Anyway, you’re almost down to 1200! Thats great! 2 in the AM, 2 in the PM. Damn near home free!!! Keep it up!!!

I’m not sure why, but Phenibut packs a punch that I can’t really compare to another drug. It makes music sound amazing, similar to MDMA. It makes the libido strong as hell. It gives a good bit of anxiety reduction but also gives a bit of an energy buzz. It can be fairly euphoric too at high doses. It’s a weird drug. It will also knock you the fuck out and make you sleep long and deep. Strange shit. The problem with it is that it causes tolerance immediately. Like in 1 day. If you take 3,000 mg one day, you have to take at least 4,000 the next day to get the same effects. The extremely dangerous thing about Phenibut is that it causes physical dependence in about 3-4 days. If you take it for 4 days you will feel withdrawals the next day. It’s horrible. It’s a very dangerous drug for anyone who struggles with chemical dependency or addiction. Don’t do it is my advice. I’ve had some light hangovers from it but nothing major in my experience. Even though the half life is short the effects can last for up to 24 hours. Plus I usually just took more in the morning. Not good. Alcohol is the worst hangover I’ve ever experienced, but opiates and cocaine and MDMA can def do it too, from my experience.

Kratom is a terrible drug too, although many people on here will dispute that fact. Read my Kratom post about how I became extremely physically dependent on it and had to go on Suboxone to get off of it. It hits the opiate receptors and can cause withdrawals similar to heroin withdrawals. Anyone who disputes this fact has no idea what they’re talking about. It doesn’t get you as high as heroin or other medically prescribed opiates but it can be just as devastating. Here’s my post...please read it before you continue taking a Kratom.

Anyway, so you’re down to 1500mg/day!!! That’s s great, nice and low starting point. I would stick at that dose for at least a week or even longer, maybe 10 days or 2 weeks, just to make sure your body/brain is all evened out. Especially considering you were taking doses as high as 4800mg/day. It’s worth it to just feel good man! No point in experiencing any pain and suffering if you don’t need to. You deserve to be pain free! So if you’re at 1500mg/day and your capsules are 300, that means you’re taking only 5 capsules a day! That’s great. So, I would take 2 in the morning and then 3 at night. That way you won’t experience interdose withdrawals. You decrease every 3 days and you’re FREE in 18 days+ your stay at 15mg while you even out. You could be totally off in about a month. That’s huge!!! It took me like 2 1/2-3 months to get off Phenibut. Just stick to the taper no matter what!! If you have to ride it out for an extra day or two at some point to avoid withdrawals then go ahead and do it, but get back to the 3-4 day drops ASAP. You got this!! Off to a great start!!! Keep it going!! Positive vibes your way!!!
I was total listening til you said Kratom was extremely physically addicting I used suboxone then Kratom to come off a 5 year 120 mg roxicodene addiction, coming off pill cold was coming off sub was a nightmare but Kratom seriously I can’t see it, took roughly a 40g/day for 6 months taped down in 10 days til none. For a week had that feeling off no sleep

Well I was taking about 50 grams a day for years, although the withdrawal set in relatively quickly. It was awful, I could absolutely not sleep for like 5 days, thrashing around in bed. I get RLS from all opiate withdrawal but it wad the worst (out of heroin, oxy, and poppy tea and kratom) with kratom, my entire body felt that RLS feeling, my arms were even worse than my legs, it was torture. I would punch my leg as hard as I could repeatedly for like 30 seconds so it would go numb for a minute and I could get some relief. By about day 5 I'd lose it and break down from lack of sleep and physical torture and start using it again. I'd take some right before bed at midnight and wake up like clockwork at like 5:45 in withdrawal and need to take more to finish sleeping.

That's cool that it didn't get you like that but I've had various opiate withdrawals and I won't say kratom was the worst overall, but it had the worst RLS by far and intense RLS is fucking torture. I used to get it naturally a lot as a kid so I think I'm prone to it.

Kratom withdrawal is a real thing to many people and it just kinda bugs me when people try to dismiss it. kratom is an opiate, it is an agonist at the delta and mu opiate receptors. It definitely can be a miracle for people who are destroying their lives with opiates because it's legal and available and you can get out of the cycle of opiate addiction, but it's certainly not harmless.

I was total listening til you said Kratom was extremely physically addicting I used suboxone then Kratom to come off a 5 year 120 mg roxicodene addiction, coming off pill cold was coming off sub was a nightmare but Kratom seriously I can’t see it, took roughly a 40g/day for 6 months taped down in 10 days til none. For a week had that feeling off no sleep
Well im very glad you had a successful taper and experience. Everyone reacts to substances differently. At my height I was an abusing over 80 grams a day just to stay well. It was horrible. I spent 6 months trying every method I could think of to get off of it. You can read my thread here...

It ruined my life. I’ve known several others who’ve had the same experience.

Sounds like Shadowmeister underststands how very serious it can be for some too. I appreciate that. I’ve heard a lot of stories of people using it to get off of opioids like heroin and prescription opioids with varying levels of success. Hey, if it works for you and can help save your life im all for it. However a lot of people don’t understand that just because it doesn’t get most people as high as heroin or Percocet it is safer. That’s, unfortunately, just not the case. Like I said, drugs affect everyone differently and Kratom can ruin people’s life just like other opiates. There’s plenty of info in the thread I posted. It’s a very sneaky substance. Approach with extreme caution, especially if you have a sensitive system and have struggled with addiction or chemical dependency in the past. It does in fact hit the opiate receptors and can eventually cause withdrawals as painful as “full blown”’opiates. Also, because of its varying alkaloids (over 25 I believe) that hit various receptors, very short half life, and no way to be sure exactly what the alkaloid levels are in each batch/product, it’s almost impossible to taper from higher doses. Cold turkey can be just as painful as heroin, according to heroin addicts I’ve spoken with. Kratom can be a BITCH!!! Tolerance builds quickly too-in a week or less. Be vary wary. Though Kratom is obviously not a Gapentenoid, ike many of the Gabapentinoids we’ve been discussing, it can’t be taken in high doses for more than a few days without it starting to cause issues like tolerance and physical dependency. Also, the first time I went through Kratom withdrawals it was after about a 9 day run and the withdrawals were moderate and only lasted a couple days. I thought “ahh, no big deal”. The following few times I got bolder, took it for longer and at higher doses, as tolerance was growing pretty quick and the initial effects were becoming less and less pronounced. Each time I withdrew the withdrawals became more painful and lasted longer. After many many months, probably about a year, of this I got to the point I described above where I was having to ingest 80+ grams of that horrible shit to just stay well. Because of the 4-5 hour half life I was waking up in excruciating withdrawals every single day and would have to mix up a batch of 20 grams just to get well. Sometimes, not often, I would vomit that first dose up and have to redose a bit later. I would have to sleep with 3 towels on my bed and my pillow because I would sweat through my sheets...for months. I could barely pay my bills and eating solid food was pretty much impossible. I lived on bananas and yogurt and smoothies and things like that for about a year...I think. Anyway, I’m just sharing this to warn people of what can happen with Kratom. There’s much more in the link I posted.

I stupidly took Phenibut for 4 days last week and I had some decent withdrawajs for about 2 days. ?

Drugs are a bitch!! Be careful guys. They can be a lot of fun if used responsibly, but the line between responsible fun and pure hell is often very very thin with most of them. At least that’s my experience. I intend in no way to lecture or act like I know everything, because I don’t....by any means. I just try to share what I know based on my personal experiences.

Love and respect to all, especially those suffering. If there’re any questions I can answer or anything I can do to help I’m happy to do what I can.

Take care and be well everyone!!!!! ☀☀☀☀

@Crowsonator2008 hope your day is going well!!

Last edited:
Im still making it.Im on 1200mg still and about to drop to 900 mg.Ive noticed alot more anxiety than usual today.Its been hitting about this time everyday.But today real hard.I think its because i take 1 600 at 9am and 1 at 9pm so at this time the first dope is completely wore off.Thats why im thinking about taking 3 doses of 300 mg and see how that works.

If dropping 300mg at a time is too hard (especially when you get lower), is it possible to get 100mg pills instead? They make them in doses of 100mg, 300mg, 400mg and 600mg (maybe 200mg too). That way you could drop from 1200mg to 1100mg, then 1100 to 1000, etc. Dropping from 1200-900mg is cutting out 25% of your dose at once which is a lot.

Im still making it.Im on 1200mg still and about to drop to 900 mg.Ive noticed alot more anxiety than usual today.Its been hitting about this time everyday.But today real hard.I think its because i take 1 600 at 9am and 1 at 9pm so at this time the first dope is completely wore off.Thats why im thinking about taking 3 doses of 300 mg and see how that works.
Glad to hear you’re sticking with it it. Keep it up!! I hear what you’re saying about the half-life and interdose withdrawals. I think your idea of spreading it out to 3 doses might be worth a shot. Please let us know how it’s gone. Stay strong! You’re real close!!

Hey @Crowsonator2008 how are things going? Hope you’re doing well. If you’ve had any struggles don’t be ashamed to share them with us. We’re all here to help and are going through similar things. It’s not easy, and having an outlet to discuss it is usually very helpful. Personally, I’m physically dependent on both Diazepam and Buprenorphine and, after tapering for a while, have been having a lot of struggles to even out to a point where I don’t feel like I’m in constant withdrawals. It’s been really tough, but the good people here on Bluelight have been very supportive, encouraging, and have helped me quite a lot. I hope you get the same support. You definitely deserve it. Take care my anonymous friend!