• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about EGO DEATH

just trying to be helpful man. If you are already familiar with Stan Grof's work and think I'm off base with my description of his work, fair enough, not trying to sell you on it or anything.

Well for me ego death was amazing I was thrown into the fourth dimension I could see and feel space it was pretty amazing I also felt like I was floating around my house XD

i achieved this with a high dose of DOC (13mg)

i think ink you would need a lot more than that, 230ug only gave me about a level 3 trip not very close to what you call ego death. 500ug will probs get you to ego death if you haven't done much before (any psychedelics)

psood0nym said:
Your old thread "What is enlightenment?" contains the most satisfying answers to this question I know of on Bluelight.

Read through that thread and watch the linked to the neurotheology lecture and you'll have a better idea of what's really being asked here than you likely would skimming dozens of similar threads around the internet.
This thread and the thread you linked are completely unrelated. willow11 didn't mention ego in the comment you referenced. Ego death and enlightenment are separate concepts. After reading willow11's comment on enlightenment I glean willow11 views sense of self is an integral part of an enlightened awareness. willow11, am I accurate in making this distinction between your ideas and the others?
If you read on you'd have seen psychedelic ego death and how it might relate to "enlightenment" are discussed in that thread. They may have more to do with each other than you imagine. The linked to lecture is especially interesting.

Apparently some of the classic psychedelics like lsd and psilocybin are known to "break down the sense of self," according to David Nutt. He's a doc that I would trust on this subject.

So now we have a reputable quote to settle the controversy. I wish he said more on the subject though.

Oh and high doses are recommended to reach it. I'm going to assume that this is possible on just about any psychedelic, but of course only the safer ones should be taken to those heights. :)