• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

questionnaire reagrding the internet and your ecstasy use . . . PLEASE AID ME . . .

crow011

Bluelighter
hi everyone . . .

im doing a research report for a cyberculture class at university titled "THE IMPACT OF THE INTERNET ON THE RECREATIONAL USE OF MDMA (ECSTASY)" . . . i was wondering if you wouldnt mind answering these brief questions . . .

i would love detailed answers, but if thats not possible, short-and-sweet will do . . .

i would be more than happy to post the entire report once im finished if enough people show interest . . .

thanks a lot, i really appreciate it . . .

crow011 . . .

1. Do you use the internet and its resources on Ecstasy to aid your own use of the substance? Do you use it to understand and learn more about the drug?

2. Do you feel safer with your use of the substance due to the information available regarding the drug that you have learned online?

3. Have you ever been in a situation where the information you have found on the internet has helped your use of the drug (such as an overdose)?

4. Do you feel the information on the internet regarding Ecstasy is more useful than anywhere else that you have encountered information of the substance?

4.1. Where have you encountered information on the substance offline?

5. Where do you get your information from online regarding Ecstasy?

6. When in possession of an Ecstasy tablet with intent to consume it, do you use the internet to help you understand what is in the tablet? Where does this information come from?

7. Do you use online communities of other Ecstasy users as an information-sharing base to aid your safe use of the drug?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No relevant, up to date information ever encountered in physical form
5. Erowid, Bluelight, pillreports and a wide assortment of sites which have been linked from these sites and the relevant forums.
6. Yes, nzrave and pillreports
7. Yes

Short and sweet :D

Re: questionnaire reagrding the internet and your ecstasy use . . . PLEASE AID ME . . .

crow011 said:
hi everyone . . .

im doing a research report for a cyberculture class at university titled "THE IMPACT OF THE INTERNET ON THE RECREATIONAL USE OF MDMA (ECSTASY)" . . . i was wondering if you wouldnt mind answering these brief questions . . .

i would love detailed answers, but if thats not possible, short-and-sweet will do . . .

i would be more than happy to post the entire report once im finished if enough people show interest . . .

thanks a lot, i really appreciate it . . .

crow011 . . .

1. Do you use the internet and its resources on Ecstasy to aid your own use of the substance? Do you use it to understand and learn more about the drug?

2. Do you feel safer with your use of the substance due to the information available regarding the drug that you have learned online?

3. Have you ever been in a situation where the information you have found on the internet has helped your use of the drug (such as an overdose)?

4. Do you feel the information on the internet regarding Ecstasy is more useful than anywhere else that you have encountered information of the substance?

6. When in possession of an Ecstasy tablet with intent to consume it, do you use the internet to help you understand what is in the tablet? Where does this information come from?

7. Do you use online communities of other Ecstasy users as an information-sharing base to aid your safe use of the drug?

1. Yes, would not have it anyother way.

2. Yes ofcourse.

3. Many times, no overdoses though. Still locked in the beauty of drug education.

4. Yes, the ongoing research, information available and discussions we lock ourselves into are a godsend.

4.1 Literature and trained professionals.

5.www.erowid.org, www.rhodium.ws, all pill testing sites including gcms and anecdotal reporting sites, www.rxlist.com, www.shroomery.org, www.dea.org, www.lycaeum.org, www.maps.org and who can forget www.enlighten-hr.org too many other sites to name.

6. I use the internet as a second opinion, i usually conduct my own reagent tests to the best of my ability then try and piece together as much accurate data as possible using anecdotal user reports to make a more informed choice towards the ecstasy i have in posession.

7. To an extent, doing this can be dangerous with all the misinformation and bs posted around the place. Pillreports comes to mind. I guess the more educated you are towards your drug use the easier it is to make a more informed choice thus why we educate ourselves in an ongoing manner. It's pretty easy to pick out the toolsqueezers talking shit and separate them from usefull data, however one must not rely on anecdotal information as bulletproof data.

Sorry if my answers are a little rich, im sure you can translate them into yes or no answers.

Last edited:
that was absolutely perfect - the more answers i get like that, the better . . .

couldnt have asked for more, thanks mate, i appreciate it . . .

Yes

Yes

No

Yes, you generally get both sides of the debate on the net

Media mainly, school but it wasn't very educational (ie "just say no..." like that really works when you see all your mates having an awsome time)

Right here, pillreports and bluelight forums. To a lesser extent erowid.org and dancesafe.org. I mainly check the dancesafe lab results to get an idea of what is actually being sold as ecstasy.

Yes. Pillreports.

Yes

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Dunno
4. Yep
4.1. Newspaper articles 8) Pamphlets from somewhere I can't remember

5. BL
6. Yep, Pillreports. But I usually sort that out before I buy
7. Yep

Yes, almost everything I know about ecstasy has been learn from the internet. I have learnt a lot of things including how the drug works, myths about ecstasy and how to use it in a responsible manner.

Definitely.

I have used my knowledge to inform my friends, who were not as careful about their ecstasy use.

Absolutely. The scare tactics employed by the government and anti-drug agencies are simply not effective and are indirectly endangering the lives of ecstasy users, moreso than the drug itself.

Lessons at school, anti-drug brochures.

Erowid, PillReports, Bluelight, friends.

Yes, I check out this forum for pill information and regularly check PillReports.com to help find out what is likely to be in the tablet.

Yes, this site.

Re: questionnaire reagrding the internet and your ecstasy use . . . PLEASE AID ME . . .

crow011 said:

1. Yes, but not so much anymore. I've been a member of bluelight for over 2 years, and a lot of the basic information is ingrained now :) But I still read Aus Drug Discussion and take note of any warnings and try to keep up with current issues regarding pill contents etc.

2. Absolutely. I've learned so many things on here: in my first 6 months I was constantly pissing my friends off letting them know "Facts" as opposed to the anecdotal fiction that is perpetuated in drug circles.. no there isn't heroin in pills, there's no such thing as double stacked, etc. etc.

3. No, fortunately.

4. Offline? I guess through friends initially, but now I'm sceptical of what's said amongst my friends.

5. Mainly bluelight, occasionally erowid and pillreports.

6. I have an EZ test kit, so I use that to determine pill contents. But I have in the past looked up the pillreports site for a general overview of what other users have said, and I also check out threads in Aus. Drug Discussion which crop up about that particular pill.

7. Yes, absolutely. Some of the smartest and most informed drug users I've met have been bluelighters. There are also, obviously uniformed and immature drug users here. But on the whole, I count on bluelight (and certain posters within) for genuine, trustworthy and researched opinions.

pure gold . . .

thanks, keep 'em comin' if you havent posted yet . . .

1. Essentially all the factual information I have gathered about MDMA and many other drugs has been from internet. I havn't been able to find any other sources that supply the information that is offered on the internet.

2. Most definately. I thoroughly research any drug before I first consume it, so as to best minimize any negative effects, and as I stated above, all the information to help me do this is available pretty much only online.

3. Luckily I've never experienced an overdose, though knowing what I was doing before hand, and advising my friends as to dosage before they consumed their drugs surely helped to prevent any harm being done.

4. In my opinion there isn't really many other ways to learn information on the drugs effects and dosages, as most drug publications not on the internet (i.e. by the government) as so full of information to scare you away from the drug that details such as how to safely use the drug are omitted, presumably because you're supposed to have given up all thoughts of trying the "terrible" drug.

4.1 Drug education at school, advertisements on T.V, numerous pamphlets

5. www.erowid.org www.pillreports.com and www.bluelight.ru ofcourse! ;)

6. Though its always best to test your pills first hand with a reagent, for various reason this sometimes isn't an option so by using the information on pillreports, and by discerning between junk posts with no information, compared to quality posts that someone has put time into, indicating they probably have some knowledge on the drug, its possible to get an idea of what the clean pills, and which are the ones to avoid.

7. Definately. Some of the best information is made available on these forums, as there are many knowledgeable drug users who post their advice to others on issues regarding drug use.

- It is pretty much the only source of infomation i truly beleive in, but, thats a culmination of infomation from hundreds of sites.

- Naturally yes. Education is power to the mind.

- Yes, i pre and post load with vitamins everytime, a few years ago, i never heard of it, let alone realise its benifits.

- There is NO other infomation. The little books there are simply tell u the dangers in an often exagerated and inaccuarate way.

- Well a TV commercial showed that if you take E you will scream at your friends and run away from them?.....hmmm

- Bluelight FAQ, Pill Reports dot com, www.maps.org

Yes, Pill Reports.com ...

....only in terms of harm minimisation

crow011 said:
Yes

Yes

As an overdose, no. But deciding dosage rates etc. Yes

Yes. I went to a private school, and while it wasn't all "JUST SAY NO" they said it made you feel good etc. but all these other things happened to you that are seriously over-exagerated.

Mainly in my schooling carrer and some TV advertisments, along with those posters etc. you find in health clinics.

Bluelight, Erowid, Enlighten.

Kind of... so yes I guess.... My main method is through reagent testing. Sites like Pillreports are mainly looked at for a subjective review on strength of the pill...

No, just BL and pillreports.

Yes and yes

Yes

Yes but not in serious cases such as overdoses as my friends and I have never overdosed.

Yes

Books, drug info flyers, word of mouth. Nothing really detailed though, and a lot of myth but my more experienced friends have seen me through the first few times.

Bluelight, erowid, pillreports

Yes - pillreports, bluelight and reagent test result guides

Yes, that's why we're here! :D

yes

much safer

its helped me decide dosage rates, methods of administration, etc. I would know what to do in an overdose situation if it arose from my internet readings.

definitely. Because it doesnt just come from one person, but from qualified doctors, chem dudes etc, it is much more reliable than info from any one person i know. plus, any "ecstasy data sheets" are so general they're of no use.

useful information..from dealer, friends

pillreports.com, bluelight.ru, sometimes erowid.org.

yes, pillreports.com, and if i'm in a hurry and there is nothing on pillreports, then bluelight.ru

yes..again, through pillreports.com and bluelight.ru

Yes

Yes, definitely.

Thankfully, I haven't had to.

I find them far more informative than any information I've found in the media, but I find experience-based reports from my friends to be just as useful.

Media and reports from friends.

www.thegooddrugsguide.com, www.erowid.org, and Bluelight.

No, though I really should. I'm going to use pillreports.com from now on.

Yes, that's why I joined Bluelight.

thanks to everyone who helped out with this . . .

i really appreciate it, and hopefully i wont fail this assignment . . .

1. Yes, In fact I try to research every pill that I buy on pillreports first before buying them, mostly because I want to know if they are good quality pills but also to know if they are safe.

2. Absolutely.

3.Yes

4. yes, I especially find the information on www.erowid.org extremely helpful.

5. I haven't, the only info that I have heard about drugs offline is bullshit government propaganda. So I find the internet as best resource, also you can get alot of unbiased opinions.

6. Mostly pillreports, bluelight, erowid, ecstacy.org and ecstacydata.com (ecstacydata.com is a USA based website with results from USA pills, but I like to read up on what is being put on the streets elsewhere as it is a good indication of what happens here)

7. yes, pillreports, if pillreports said it wasn't safe I wouldn't consume it or give it to someone else.

8. yes

Yes.

Yes, cause i wanna know the full risks, side effects, effects, and get an idea of the drug.

Yes, when i had serotonin syndrome, i didn't have to go to the hospital cause i found the info on the net and found out that the medication i had (chlormazipine) could treat it.

Yes, cause you know what your getting. Also their up to date, sites like pill reports are a good source rather than trusting the word of friends, dealers etc.

4.1. Where have you encountered information on the substance offline? Chemistry books + did a crim subject at uni on drugs and alcohol.

Pill reports, BL, or else erowid for general information.

Yes, cause i don't to fuck up on shit pills (PMA, DXM etc), also cause i wanna get some good pills. Using Pill reports to find specific pill info.

No, i generally don't post about ecstasy, however if i have any questions/answers then i will share online. But normally i use the information to advise my friends.

1. yes

2. yes, prior to discovering bluelight I had only found the dangerous aniti drug propaganda distributed by my school. I certainly feel better knowing I practice harm reduction.

3. No life threatening situations fortunately. But I do try to pass on as much info as possible to friends. ie pre/post loading, reagent useage etc

4. Well yes, because everything I have seen from media, govt and school system has simply been fictional. I have never found any useful info for mdma or other substance users any where but online.

4.1 I have encountered tripe from health classes in high school, biased media reports, and govt sponsored adds on TV.

5. I started with the pill reports site --> bluelight--> erowid.

6. No I use the internet as a rough guide before purchasing. Once I know what I am looking for I will seek it out. But I will still test with a reagent before buying.

7. Yes, Its a good way to keep up with new information.