• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

questionnaire reagrding the internet and your ecstasy use . . . PLEASE AID ME . . .

1: no
2: to an extent
3: no
4: no
4.1: doctors, chemists, MIMS
5: bluelight, erowid, pillreports are the three main ones atm
6: I don't take pills anymore
7: nope, but I sometimes use them to share and give advice as I have used it since the very early 90's. Hopefully I can help someone :)

Re: questionnaire reagrding the internet and your ecstasy use . . . PLEASE AID ME . . .

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) No.
4) Absolutely.
4.1) Government sponser anti drug campaigns.
5) Bluelight, erowid, pill reports.
6) If possible yes, pillreports.
7) Yeah I guess.

1. Do you use the internet and its resources on Ecstasy to aid your own use of the substance? Do you use it to understand and learn more about the drug?

I found bluelight.ru when I was using the internet to research the effects of ecstasy.

2. Do you feel safer with your use of the substance due to the information available regarding the drug that you have learned online?

I feel a lot safer.

3. Have you ever been in a situation where the information you have found on the internet has helped your use of the drug (such as an overdose)?

It's helped me avoid dodgy pills.

4. Do you feel the information on the internet regarding Ecstasy is more useful than anywhere else that you have encountered information of the substance?

Other than word of mouth, I haven't found any other sources of information.

4.1. Where have you encountered information on the substance offline?

I haven't.

5. Where do you get your information from online regarding Ecstasy?

bluelight.ru, pillreports.com, erowid.org

6. When in possession of an Ecstasy tablet with intent to consume it, do you use the internet to help you understand what is in the tablet? Where does this information come from?

yes, pillreports.com. I'll generally avoid taking a pill until there are reports up about it.

7. Do you use online communities of other Ecstasy users as an information-sharing base to aid your safe use of the drug?

yes, bluelight.ru

Re: questionnaire reagrding the internet and your ecstasy use . . . PLEASE AID ME . . .

1. Do you use the internet and its resources on Ecstasy to aid your own use of the substance? Do you use it to understand and learn more about the drug?
Yes and Yes
2. Do you feel safer with your use of the substance due to the information available regarding the drug that you have learned online?
To some extent. Substance use is never safe but by using online info in conjunction with info from peers and reagent testing I feel like I can get an idea of which pills are likley to to be safer.

3. Have you ever been in a situation where the information you have found on the internet has helped your use of the drug (such as an overdose)?
Never had an overdose, but info on the internet has helped me to steer clear of potentially dodgy pills

4. Do you feel the information on the internet regarding Ecstasy is more useful than anywhere else that you have encountered information of the substance? There is certainly a great deal of information on the internet regarding ecstasy and some of it is useful some not. The most useful information to me is information which is directly pertinent to the pill I intend to consume. With big batches of pills there is a higher probability that info on the net will apply to me but you can never say for certain if the pill you have is the same as the one on the net.

NDARC publications, drug education brouchures and posters, journals and books, word of mouth, ADIS (Alcohol and Drug Information Service)

bluelight, pillreports, dancesafe, NDARC, hypnosis (no longer exists), neurotransmitter.net, enlighten, checkit, ecstasy data

6. When in possession of an Ecstasy tablet with intent to consume it, do you use the internet to help you understand what is in the tablet? Where does this information come from?
yes bluelight, enlighten and pillreports but always take reports with a grain of salt and try to confirm with reagent test and freinds reports

7. Do you use online communities of other Ecstasy users as an information-sharing base to aid your safe use of the drug? yes but the same rules apply verify the info elsewhere aswell.

PS
Have you finished this yet or do you want more

>> yes

>> yes

>> no

4. Do you feel the information on the internet regarding Ecstasy is more useful than anywhere else that you have encountered information of the substance?
>> for sure - especially bluelight and erowid

>> school, handed out at events and friends/word of mouth

>> bluelight and erowid and pillrepors

>> yes - pillreports and bluelight

7. Do you use online communities of other Ecstasy users as an information-sharing base to aid your safe use of the drug?
>> yes

i got 90%, which is unbelievably huge for a third year cultural studies class at my university . . .

i think this means i'll be accepted for my honours program next year . . .

i'll be submitting my report to www.erowid.org, because they dont have any papers on drug culture in cyberspace . . .

i cant stress how helpful everyone was for this - thank you so much . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

This might be a bit late, and I don't mean to be negative but...

Wouldn't the fact that you're asking questions about the Internet and Drug usage habits on an Drug-Related Internet message board skew the results just slightly?

crow011 said:
[...] i would be more than happy to post the entire report once im finished if enough people show interest . . .
Congrats on getting a great score for your report! Let's see it...

BigTrancer :)

Yeah heads up mate, good effort, one of the better surveys i have filled out latly.

villz said:
This might be a bit late, and I don't mean to be negative but...

Wouldn't the fact that you're asking questions about the Internet and Drug usage habits on an Drug-Related Internet message board skew the results just slightly?

that is an extremely good point, and i realised that my research suffered greatly because of it . . .

basically in the future i need to use a greater sample number - i only had a few months to do it, so i couldnt extend as far as i wanted . . .

next year i'll be doing honours, and actually starting some "real" research into drug culture in cyberspace - youd be amazed at how little research there is out there on us . . .

hopefully youll be able to read the report once erowid puts it up ;) . . .

thanks again everyone . . .

crow011 said:

1. Yes & Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes (not an overdose, I have used the information learned online to inform others of safer drug taking)
4. Yes
4.1 Magazines, Books, Other people
5. www.bluelight.ru www.pillreports.com www.erowid.org plus others that I can't think of at the moment
6. Yes, I usually check www.pillreports for information about that particular ecstasy pill. I sometimes ask friends who have tried that same pill. I am very good friends with my dealer so I also ask them for feedback.
7. Yes especially www.bluelight.ru