• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

question about speed and ecstasy

*rachael v*

Greenlighter
something ive always been curious about in relation to various drugs like speed and ecstasy

if any other ppl here used to go to raves/clubs/whatever and in the past and mite have

ocassionally taken something, me and some other ppl couldnt help but notice, that your hair

turns darker AND appears and feels thicker (most noticeably the hair on your head) my hair

would go from being dark brown, to looking black and thicker as well. Also you'd notice the

hair on your arms would go from light/medium brown to almost black

have always been curious about what exactly it is that causes this?

I doubt anything in ecstasy tablets causes hair growth/change. Your just tripping bud.

I kind of expected a response like that, but your wrong. Its not just me, but also a few other ppl I kno as well, but not everyone says they experience this. Personally, I dont take ecstasy, so its only with speed that I notice it.
Its not hallucination or perception, it really does have some kind of effect on my hair. It goes stiffer, darker, thicker etc

Friends of mine have noticed this with me, when they havent been on anything, so its not hallucination or anything.

Is there any drug info organisation I could contact about this, to find out what causes this weird side effect?

*rachael v* said:
something ive always been curious about in relation to various drugs like speed and ecstasy

if any other ppl here used to go to raves/clubs/whatever and in the past and mite have

ocassionally taken something, me and some other ppl couldnt help but notice, that your hair

turns darker AND appears and feels thicker (most noticeably the hair on your head) my hair

would go from being dark brown, to looking black and thicker as well. Also you'd notice the

hair on your arms would go from light/medium brown to almost black

have always been curious about what exactly it is that causes this?

Step away from the meth pipe8(

xtc can cause hallucinations, so you may think your hair looks darker and feels thicker, but it's probably just a good strong clean hit of the good stuff, if I were you I'd be happy about it =D

swifty said:
xtc can cause hallucinations, so you may think your hair looks darker and feels thicker, but it's probably just a good strong clean hit of the good stuff, if I were you I'd be happy about it =D

Again,
Friends of mine have noticed this with me, when they havent been on anything, so its not hallucination or anything.

They noticed it too, they asked me if I had dyed my hair black, and I said 'no goey always does this to my hair'

SOME of my friends experience the same thing as me, and I've seen it with them, when I've not been on anything as well.

I could prove that this isnt a hallucination, but I'd have to hang out with someone for a few hours on speed

Are there any drug info organisations who might have more info about speed, ecstasy etc???

Sorry for you, but your wrong. You and your friends have somehow convinced eachother that your hair gets thicker and darker....wait...was it a full moon? Were you all bitten by a wolf recently?

Trentonian said:
Sorry for you, but your wrong. You and your friends have somehow convinced eachother that your hair gets thicker and darker....wait...was it a full moon? Were you all bitten by a wolf recently?

We're not wrong, it does have some kind of effect on your hair for some people.

We didnt convince each other of anything, it was bleedingly obvious, we've all seen it a bzillion times
when I look at my friends arms see them covered in thicker, black hair, when it was medium brown and unoticeable 5 or so hours before. I see this with certain ppl every time they take something, and I've frequently not been on anything when I've seen it. And others have seen it too.

The other thing is, with some ppl it makes your hair go stiffer as well. When Im on speed, I could literally brush my hair into an afro without a hairdryer or anything

give me ur address, i'll prove to you that its not an hallucinatory thing, I'll hang out with you for a few hours on speed and you can see that we're not imaginin this
Im just sayin that coz everyones sayin we're just imagining this when we aren't. Again, everyone who wasnt on anything saw what we're talkin about and some even pointed out before we did

Does anyone know any organisations I could contact to get more info on side effects etc?

Do you really believe that in a period of 5 hours any drug could make your hair thicker and darker? "Sure, all that protein takes months to grow but speed makes it grow in like 5 hours muthafunka!!"

You need a new speed source, sounds like you have regaine(tm) in your gear 8(

I suppose delusions are pretty common with speed/tweakers.

i have a very strong theory of how ones' hair could go from being at first darker, and then later stiffer, but the process would require more than one day in a row of speed/x
and I wont post it on a thread with so many naysayers anyway !

Most probably looks different due to oil being secreted by glands around hair is more viscous, so doesn't wipe off as easily - the oil making the hair appear darker. like when your hair is wet.

I support to it

and it could even be filled out a bit .

fantab is sharp, as yoozsh-yuhl.

I've hear of mdma and speed causing facial distotortions (for obvious reasons) but never have I heard of it changing colour and texture of hair, one of my mates breaks out in pimples and get oily skin when he's pinging so yeah, I'm in favour of fnb's theory too.

I've noticed hair can kind of stand up on these drugs. It's something to do with goosebumps and your forehead skin forced upwards so your eyes are wide open.

slopoke said:
Do you really believe that in a period of 5 hours any drug could make your hair thicker and darker? "Sure, all that protein takes months to grow but speed makes it grow in like 5 hours muthafunka!!"

You need a new speed source, sounds like you have regaine(tm) in your gear 8(

I suppose delusions are pretty common with speed/tweakers.

YES, I do believe that it does. Even in less than 5 hours. If you read my other posts you'd know it CANT be a delusion. Again, friends of mine who werent on anything were asking me if I dyed my hair etc I dont think it genuinely grows, I never said that. I think it has some kind of effect on it tho causing it to appear, look and feel thicker, sticker, darker and even straighter for some reason. Not on all ppl maybe, but on me and other ppl I know.

Here's an answer I got from another forum, where I posted the question.

"Chems make oil glands work over time in your body and do this for some time after having them. AS the glands are located near your hair follicles your body hairs get a fine coating of oil on them which will change the color and thickness for some time. washing will change this but only for a small amount of time. The glands will keep thickening hairs until the body returns to a normal state again. "

Does anyone know tho, if there's any other drug info organisations I could ask about this side effect?

It's probably just all the sweat making your hair greasy.

Don't shower for a week solid and your hair will also magically appear darker and thicker.

dude you must be tweaking hardcore. All I can recommend at this point is to try rolling with "cousin it" from the adams famiily. He might know a thing or 2 about abnormal hair growth8)

AuraithX said:
It's probably just all the sweat making your hair greasy.

Don't shower for a week solid and your hair will also magically appear darker and thicker.
Spot on. It happens to me when I sweat heaps playing gigs. Under the lights on stage is pretty damn warm and my hair also feels thicker after I've finished the set, and darker when I go to the bathroom. And no, I wasn't on any sort of drug at the time other than alcohol.

This side effect happens totally regardless of whether we go to a rave, or whether we just stay at home etc I never said that I think that the drugs causes hair growth, I said it causes hair to appear darker, thicker, stiffer, etc

and yes I know what you mean about not showering for a week, but its not the same totally.

I want to know exactly what it is in the drugs that causes this effect tho