• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

question about speed and ecstasy

several people have offered reasonable explanations for what you're describing, assuming you aren't just making the whole thing up to troll this group.

Thicker/stiffer can be accounted for pretty easily by the piloerection caused by MDMA/speed in the pills, and by perspiration. Hair looks darker when it's wet, so perspiration and increased oil production could account for that as well. Your hair also can appear darker and lighter depending on the ambient light wherever you are. Also, people (especially people on drugs) are highly suggestible. "Hey, doesn't her hair look darker?" "Yeah, I guess it does!"

If you still want to rule all that out, and insist on locating some mystical chemical reaction that's working its way from the drug, circulated through your bloodstream, arriving in your scalp, working its way from one end of each strand of dead protein hanging off your head to the other, to turn it darker (but only temporarily-- then disappearing as mysteriously as it came), well, good luck with that.

shn()z said:
several people have offered reasonable explanations for what you're describing, assuming you aren't just making the whole thing up to troll this group.

if u read my posts its bleedingly obvious that i'm genuine and want to kno more about this.

shn()z said:
Thicker/stiffer can be accounted for pretty easily by the piloerection caused by MDMA/speed in the pills, and by perspiration. Hair looks darker when it's wet, so perspiration and increased oil production could account for that as well. Your hair also can appear darker and lighter depending on the ambient light wherever you are. Also, people (especially people on drugs) are highly suggestible. "Hey, doesn't her hair look darker?" "Yeah, I guess it does!"

Again, our hair WASNT wet, it was dry AS, most of the time we havent even been at a rave when we (and other ppl) have noticed this, so the 'light factor' is out.
For the third time, this was noticed by ppl who WERENT on anything, and we werent at a rave, and they saw how stiff, thick and dark my hair looked (and some of my friends hair as well) our hair looks bigger, almost like a fro, it doesnt just feel thicker, it totally appears thicker. We who are on drugs see the exact same thing that the ppl arent on anything are observing.

shn()z said:
If you still want to rule all that out, and insist on locating some mystical chemical reaction that's working its way from the drug, circulated through your bloodstream, arriving in your scalp, working its way from one end of each strand of dead protein hanging off your head to the other, to turn it darker (but only temporarily-- then disappearing as mysteriously as it came), well, good luck with that.

I dont know totally what it is. And its not just our scalp, its the hair on our arms, legs, everywhere looks thicker, darker, stiffer, etc If we take speed etc the effect lasts for about 3 days, starting 2 hours after we take something

I wish I knew someone who knows more about chem etc or someone at uni, who could give us more info etc

I seriously doubt a point of speed or 100mg of MDMA is going to actually change hair colour, cause it can only affect the hair currently growing. That's the fact right there, it can't change regardless of what you and your friends are witnessing.

I'm not implying you're lying or are making it up, but the fact is once hair has grown only environmental factors can change it's colour, not what goes on in the body.

Jaek said:
I seriously doubt a point of speed or 100mg of MDMA is going to actually change hair colour, cause it can only affect the hair currently growing. That's the fact right there, it can't change regardless of what you and your friends are witnessing.

I'm not implying you're lying or are making it up, but the fact is once hair has grown only environmental factors can change it's colour, not what goes on in the body.

I'm saying more that the colour 'appears' darker, something happens to make it look darker
as well as thicker and stiffer etc

Well whatever is happening it's not related to taking drugs. I'd put money on that fact, and I'm not a gambling man.

Jaek said:
Well whatever is happening it's not related to taking drugs. I'd put money on that fact, and I'm not a gambling man.

LOL oh yeah its just a total coincidence that it happens ONLY when we take something, and never happens when we're not on anything

u obviously didnt read previous posts properly

"Chems make oil glands work over time in your body and do this for some time after having them. AS the glands are located near your hair follicles your body hairs get a fine coating of oil on them which will change the color and thickness for some time. washing will change this but only for a small amount of time. The glands will keep thickening hairs until the body returns to a normal state again. " this is one explanation for it

if u really wanna put money on it, i'd bet whatever i had, and could prove u wrong in person

Umm, it's not about proving me wrong it's about proving you correct. And saying you'll do it in person is quite ridiculous as I'm sure that's never going to happen. FYI I read that but I don't quite buy it - maybe you should do your own tests yourself and find out as I'm sure this isn't something that has been rigourously studied. Then post your findings here.

Racheal.. dont you remember what The Matrix taught us?

There is no spoon.........

The persception you and your friends have of thier hair changed. NOthing more, nothing less.

*rachael v* said:
LOL oh yeah its just a total coincidence that it happens ONLY when we take something, and never happens when we're not on anything

/QUOTE]

8( The answer is right infront of her, yet she doesn not see it.

rowland2110 said:
Racheal.. dont you remember what The Matrix taught us?

There is no spoon.........

The persception you and your friends have of thier hair changed. NOthing more, nothing less.

No, the problem is that you guys dont read properly, for the 4th time, Friends of mine have noticed this with me and other ppl, they WERENT on anything, so its not hallucination or anything, and they thought we had dyed our hair because it was so dark, and thought we had put hair spray in our hair etc
its NOT hallucination

anyone who seriously believes (after reading this whole thread) that its perception, give me your address, i'll come to ur house, let u see me before and after (while you're not on anything) and you'll have to admit that speed and some pills has a temporary effect on some people's hair.
How it does it, I dont know, but it definitely does.

Jaek said:
Umm, it's not about proving me wrong it's about proving you correct. And saying you'll do it in person is quite ridiculous as I'm sure that's never going to happen. FYI I read that but I don't quite buy it - maybe you should do your own tests yourself and find out as I'm sure this isn't something that has been rigourously studied. Then post your findings here.

Im not a scientist, how am I supposed to research this and post findings, I want to talk to someone who knows about this stuff to find out more. I cant research

IF your hair gets darker and whatever else you said why doesnt it stay that way? You said everytime you roll it gets like this. So your saying it goes back to normal when you comedown?

*rachael v* said:
No, the problem is that you guys dont read properly, for the 4th time, Friends of mine have noticed this with me and other ppl, they WERENT on anything, so its not hallucination or anything, and they thought we had dyed our hair because it was so dark, and thought we had put hair spray in our hair etc
its NOT hallucination

anyone who seriously believes (after reading this whole thread) that its perception, give me your address, i'll come to ur house, let u see me before and after (while you're not on anything) and you'll have to admit that speed and some pills has a temporary effect on some people's hair.
How it does it, I dont know, but it definitely does.

Did i say it was a hallucination? I said your persception changed.

*rachael v* said:
Im not a scientist, how am I supposed to research this and post findings, I want to talk to someone who knows about this stuff to find out more. I cant research
Well, seeing as you're the only person who's posted about observing this so far in this thread it seems like it is up to you to find out the cause. I understand your reasons for posting to find someone who has shared this observation, but as no one has yet done so I guess it's in your hands.

Good luck.