Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Proposed new drug legislation

See this link:

GetUp! Campaigns

For their achievements and their other campaigns. They seem to have done alright so far.

Thanks!! They definitely look a bit (lot) more effective than those online protest sites that get anon/people signing protests to some stupid like topics "We want number plates to have better fonts" or whatever.

Thanks! Will DEFINITELY add my worth to pac's link :) (And woot, I had 3-4 hours sleep, I feel GOOD now :p)

wow. So, i know my aunt has a shit load of acacia's and other natives on her NSW property [2000M square easy], could she be charged or forced to remove them? its a prop' that she inherited, so not like shes planted them with intension. prolly doesnt even have the slightest clue about drugs other than whats on the tv or written on the presciption packet...

^ Probably not. They would have to prove that there was intent to cultivate or prepare them for illegal purposes.

As for removing them... these plants are everywhere, it would be impractical for the authorities to try and remove all DMT containing plants from private property.

*bump*

This is worthy of staying on the first page for now in my opinion.

Tell everyone you know. Even anti-drug people realise how fucking stupid this proposed legislation is.

I know quite a few people that work in native Australian landscape regeration (mainly due to mines)...if this legislation was passed 99% of the trees they grow and plant would be illegal.

This is the most rediculous piece of legislation ever proposed in Australia - those responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

This is the most rediculous piece of legislation ever proposed in Australia - those responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

Proudly brought to you by the same clowns who are trying to put an internet filter in place.

Yeh they are really trying to crack down on conciousness expansion...

The government has gone to far.

Invitation to comment
24. The Government seeks views on whether the model schedules and the quantities of drugs,
plants and precursors recommended by the Working Party in 2007, and endorsed by the
Ministerial Council on Drug Strategy, should be implemented in Part 9.1 of the Criminal Code, and
how this should be achieved.
25. Comments are also sought on whether it is necessary to align domestic and border controls
in the Criminal Code with those in the relevant Customs legislation (that is, the Customs
(Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956, the Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958 and the
Customs Regulations 1926).

It's certainly worth voicing any concerns you may have. Such comments don't always fall on deaf ears. When Johnboy and I prepared a paper for the "Amphetamines and Other Synthetic Drugs" inquiry a few years ago, we were subsequently asked to appear before the committee, where we were given opportunity to express our views in more detail, and answer questions from the panel of politicians.

If I had time, I'd do a similar thing for this. Some of the proposed models aren't too bad imo, but there are also some ghastly ideas there. Possible impact on legitimate research and industry is greatly disturbing, to say the least 8(

I doubt too that he will read the emails.

However I believe that if enough people send them then he will take notice. If enough people do something then he and the government will take notice.

So please take a few minutes out of your day and send the email so your voice is heard.

I'll be typing an email to the Attorney General Department, not as a complaint, but disguised as questions, questioning the productiveness of this legislation and how it'll be enforced, seeing that so many people (including me) grow at least one of the species to be scheduled.

Hopefully questions (as an alternative to bitching) will create some impact.

If I get a response, I shall post the reply in this thread.

Good idea. Would be curious to know of the outcome.

This is an absolutely disgraceful proposition. :!

I actually fell out of my chair when i read the finer details in the report.... 8o

it should mandatory to inform all your family, and all your friends to send an email the minister explaining just how over the top this is.

share this link in as many places as you can.

http://www.gardenfreedom.com/email-minister-direct-from-website.php

This has given me a great reason to be the renegade activist iv always wanted to be ;)

she went to a rave also in adelaide. enchanted or something?
She was in the democrats wasnt she.. anyway she had to step down after it.

she went to a rave also in adelaide. enchanted or something?
She was in the democrats wasnt she.. anyway she had to step down after it.