• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Proposed new drug legislation

"Possessing plant material, equipment or instructions for commercial cultivation of controlled plants
A – 308.3 - 7 yrs"

Yay!

:|

Seriously this is just getting ridiculous! The Government should have NO RIGHT to ban any plant material. It's like banning the use of a certain part of the brain or body, you can't prohibit nature it is just absurd!

The Minister for Justice, the Hon Brendan O’Connor MP, invites public comment on issues relating to the implementation of model drug, plant and precursor schedules for Commonwealth serious drug offences.

Comment is sought on the issues outlined in the discussion paper, including:

■the application of the model schedules to the domestic and import/export offences in the Criminal Code
■the appropriateness of classifying some substances as both controlled drugs and precursors and listing quantities of pure and mixed substances
■the expanded list of plant and fungi species under the model schedule for controlled plants
■whether Customs legislation could be aligned with the model schedules
■whether it is necessary to retain a reference to the concept of an ‘immediate precursor’ in the Criminal Code definition of ‘precursor’
■whether the existing regulatory framework is adequate to support the extended definition of ‘precursor’
■the appropriateness of the current structure of Part 9.1 of the Criminal Code and, in particular, whether it is necessary to retain provisions for interim regulations, and
■the need to consider regulatory impacts in relation to legitimate uses, including in defences in the Criminal Code and licensing and permit requirements under Customs legislation.

Mmm... don't like this, not one bit.

Hmmm....I was with a doctor (MBBS) today who said to me that the Government (PBS/Medicare etc. etc.) had written out letter to the majority of Queensland General Practitioners informing them that they AREN'T supposed to write out PBS Rx's for Valium 50 tablets....for fear of addiction :/ Bullshit, he said, they just want more money from the exorbitant price of Valium on a Private prescription (Upwards of $10 in some chemist's)...

What is this nation coming to?

The Minister for Justice, the Hon Brendan O’Connor MP, invites public comment on issues relating to the implementation of model drug, plant and precursor schedules for Commonwealth serious drug offences.

Comment is sought on the issues outlined in the discussion paper, including:

■the application of the model schedules to the domestic and import/export offences in the Criminal Code
■the appropriateness of classifying some substances as both controlled drugs and precursors and listing quantities of pure and mixed substances
■the expanded list of plant and fungi species under the model schedule for controlled plants
■whether Customs legislation could be aligned with the model schedules
■whether it is necessary to retain a reference to the concept of an ‘immediate precursor’ in the Criminal Code definition of ‘precursor’
■whether the existing regulatory framework is adequate to support the extended definition of ‘precursor’
■the appropriateness of the current structure of Part 9.1 of the Criminal Code and, in particular, whether it is necessary to retain provisions for interim regulations, and
■the need to consider regulatory impacts in relation to legitimate uses, including in defences in the Criminal Code and licensing and permit requirements under Customs legislation.

Very soon nearly every thing is going to be illegal due to containing DMT.. I'd like to see how the Government is gonna explain that.

um. so by my reading of this they want to ban our national tree?!

Our national floral emblem actually contains little to no DMT or any other illicit substances I believe.

Hope this helps:

On another note, I've been made aware of potential new federal legislation impacting on the plants that we can currently grow, posses and sell in this country, without being regarded as a criminal (instead of a gardener).

http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.ns...ugschedulesforCommonwealthseriousdrugoffences

The section us gardeners are interested in are on page 38 of the download, ATTACHMENT 2.4: THE MODEL SCHEDULES – LIST OF CONTROLLED PLANTS. This section lists the proposed plants to be listed in Schedule 2 and the quantities for defining the various offences. Apart from the usual suspects like Cannabis, Erythroxylum (Coca), Papaver somniferum (Poppies), fungi that contain Psilocin or Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms), Salvia divinorum (Diviner's Sage) and Mitragyna speciosa (Kratom), the worrying aspect of the proposed model is that it proposes to include ANY Brugmansia (Angel's Trumpet), Datura (Devil's Trumpet), cacti that contain mescaline (thousands of species, inc. Trichocereus), plants that contain DMT (including thousands of native species, inc. many Acacia species, Psychotria, Desmanthus, etc), Catha edulis, any Ephedra spp. which contains ephedrine and Lophophora spp.

Even if this passes, it would make criminals of citizens, landholders and even local governments overnight, there are thousands of species that contain detectable amount of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), cacti that contain mescaline, millions or Datura and Brugmansia around teh country and would be unenforcable, even if the police service had trained botanists.

You can support the cause through Getup by voting at the link below:

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/...al-illegalisation-of-thousands-o?ref=comments

You can also read a topic at the Australian Ethnobotany forum at the link below:

http://www.australianethnobotany.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4409

Waaa? Banning our own bodies (brain to be precise) is ludicrous to say the least...

WTF is this cuntry coming to?

Acacia trees will forever be abundant, and 'clandestine chemists' will always be there, waiting for that red gack that we call the Spirit Molecule.

Even though I haven't tried DMT as of yet (You don't go looking for Psychedelics, Psychedelics finds you when you're ready, man!)...

Oh wait, it's a proposed legislation...meaning that it will never pass parliament.

Of course it will pass.

Our government will pass anything that the conservatives and elite minority want.

They couldn't give 2 shits about what the general public wants or says unless its on the news and making people angry.

There was more people on the R18+ Classification petition than workchoices, yet they STILL havn't let that pass.

Fuck this government, fucken assholes who don't listen, they don't give a shit unless it helps their back pocket get fatter.

Please vote folks. See above link in my previous post. It only takes a few minutes of your time and each vote does make a difference.

Aus Govt illegalising 1000's of plants

This is totally fucked, the government was to make changes to the drug laws that would make 1000's of plants illegal, many of which are native plants :!

http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.ns...ugschedulesforCommonwealthseriousdrugoffences

Please spend a couple of minutes and vote on the getup website to encourage them to take it up as an issue:

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/...ing-the-federal-illegalisation-of-thousands-o

Given the precarious state of federal parliament if getup start making some noise about this issue then it will encourage the government to back off on this issue.

Also if you can spend abit more time then write a letter to your local federal MP.

Moronic legislation. what a fucking police state in the making this country has turned into. :X

After you put your 3 votes onto this campaign you may like to chuck another 3 onto the drug law reform campaign getup is running as well

BTW, if your not familiar with getup, they have managed to run full page ads supporting julian assange and wikileaks in the australian and the new york times, sent deligates to the copanhagen climate change talks and many other achievements so taking the time to vote (and maybe chuck em a few bucks) is not time wasted

Wow, in one day it has risen to 7th place with 1330 votes!! This is going to be huge.
Smarter people than me who can play politics and know their facts could really capitalise and this idiot proposal to bring about more sane drug laws... maybe?
I dunno, I just think the audacity of their proposal could lead o real debate and....dare I say it...Change

How stupid. Even when people do get high off these plants its at minimal cost to the community, ie people aren't overdosing and dying or spending time in the ER, nor are they getting addicted to them. The claim that they're funding organized crime is ridiculous as well.

Hi Pacman, can you seriously let us know how voting in that "getup" site makes a difference (to this and/or anything else)? *Not trying to be a smart bum at all*

Sorry if I'm being lazy but I'm sleep dep, teething bub, pregnant wife has been tired today (*cough* moody but I love her! Damn hormones*end cough*)..

I.e Is there anything official regarding that getup site or is it 'just' one of those online protest sites? I am genuinely curious to seeing if this blergh legislation can actually be affected by (any) online site(s)? I'd be best to re-read this after some sleep, which I hope is soon! Sleep-drug free night for once, insomnia is still winning the battle..

But to the legislation, it will just keep leading to the damn governments of our + future days wanting to ban ANYTHING that may open one's mind/consciousness which of course, which can lead to people NOT being sheep and ultimately lead them being a "free willed" person which the governments of late so obviously are against. Closed mind = peace of mind for the government *sigh*

Ok, bed time and hoping I sleep before my 7am alarm chimes up.

Threads merged, thanks Seith and thestudent14 for pointing out the duplicate :)

Hi Pacman, can you seriously let us know how voting in that "getup" site makes a difference (to this and/or anything else)? *Not trying to be a smart bum at all*

See this link:

GetUp! Campaigns

For their achievements and their other campaigns. They seem to have done alright so far.