• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Prolonged Negative Effects of LSD Use

Xorkoth said:
I always thought the case of the LSD overdose by injection was proven, ie, there were medical records of it. I'm interested to know whether that is true or if I had just always assumed it to be true because it's on Erowid.

Yeah there's something written in a medical journal about it so there's medical records of it. It's just whether the medical records are true or not.

Many doctors are quite happy to blame prohibited drugs for deaths when the evidence is very slim. There's not even any information about the guys other medical problems - what other health problems did he have, was he already jacked up on a gram of speed when he injected the LSD etc. The story is so vague as to be utter bollocks.

Ismene said:
Yeah there's something written in a medical journal about it so there's medical records of it. It's just whether the medical records are true or not.

Many doctors are quite happy to blame prohibited drugs for deaths when the evidence is very slim. There's not even any information about the guys other medical problems - what other health problems did he have, was he already jacked up on a gram of speed when he injected the LSD etc. The story is so vague as to be utter bollocks.

Quoting from the journal report:

Routine toxicogical examination of the liver was carried out elsewhere prior to the submission of the samples to this laboratory; no drugs were detected. RIA of the ante-mortem serum in this laboratory demonstrated the absense of amphetamine [1] and cannabinoids [1], thus LSD was the only drug detected in the case.

so no, he wasn't "already jacked up on a gram of speed when he injected the LSD "

DOB sold as LSD really messed up my head, but the other two times I did 'acid' and it was LSD they were amazing and eye-opening and just...Great. DOB lasts way too long and I though I took LSD so at hour 18 I was wondering what the fuck was honestly going on and was convinced I'd never come down because I was already 8-10 hours past when I should be effectively reaching baseline and ya, it was fucked.

Xorkoth said:
I agree, the bad LSD debate is never going to come to a conclusion. But are you sure this is true:

? because I'm pretty sure it acts on 5-HT2a like all serotonergic psychedelics.

Hmm you may be right Xorxoth. I read that on wikipedia, but I should've remembered wikipedia is hardly a great source of info, especially on obscureish topics. I searched on google and found the opposite to be true, like you suggested.

This is what I always say to people who make claims such as "all mushrooms are the same" and "mushrooms are the same as synthetic 4-HO-DMT" and "4-AcO-XXX is the same as 4-HO-XXX because it's a prodrug", or "All the 4-HO-tryptamines are basically the same thing, any differences are due to the variability of experiences". Sure, if you've taken each one of them once, you can't form an opinion about their differences. But if you've gathered dozens of experiences with each, over time you can determine the qualities of each. Each experience is unique, but they contain many similarities as well, and when you notice things in each trial with one substance that you don't notice in any trials with another, you can say with reasonable conviction that the two substances have different effects.

exactly.

and when you are dealing with LSD... and often communities of people who are taking LSD (such as certain party scenes).... each person can correlate the effects of different batches when they are taking that batch multiple times... (no, nothing as stoopid as, "ah, the blue was really mellow dude and the green one gave me the jitters"!)

For one thing, duration is often longer or shorter depending on the batch, and that is often pretty much standardised, so you can get this batch of 6 hour LSD, which goes to that point and just stops. Or batches that are more like 12-14 hours and then keep kicking along.

And then, there is material which is much more obviously visual for more people than other material... and there is material that can cause unusual reactions in people...

For the most part, a lot of the LSD that goes around is shit and the "real thing" is too confronting for most people... I have seen people given "the real thing" at parties and really got through it or have life changing experiences, and that is only at what is said to be 100mcg or so...

A friend of mine, many years ago, said they tested a lot of the street acid they were using at parties and it only came up at 30mcg or so... so you could say, maybe a lot of these variables are to do with different strengths.

But I can say from personal experience, as an example, this one batch of well known acid, made me feel that my socks and shoes were wet(!)

The visuals had a certain kind of quality to them... like I was watching an old colour TV from the 60's or something.

But there was a certain signature there with it...

It is interesting to remember that the Good acid made in the 60's by owsley and co was put on blotter at 250mcg...

Julian.

unfortunately you will never know how you will react until you put that tab in your mouth.

luckily for me, i thouroughly enjoyed my psychedelic experiences , i have learn t lots.

I've found that any remotely negative experience I've had on LSD has stemmed from my own issues and not the drug.

Overall though it's definitely been one of the more positive things to happen to me in my life.

burn out said:
Quoting from the journal report:

Routine toxicogical examination of the liver was carried out elsewhere prior to the submission of the samples to this laboratory; no drugs were detected. RIA of the ante-mortem serum in this laboratory demonstrated the absense of amphetamine [1] and cannabinoids [1], thus LSD was the only drug detected in the case.

Where did you get that from? The case on erowid you first linked to is here and doesn't contain those lines:

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?A=ShowDoc1&ID=1389

And, as I said, it contains no details of the mans original state of health.

what do you mean the case on erowid i first linked to? i first linked to erowid's answer to a question. erowid's answer contains two case reports. you linked to the one that doesn't contain those lines. click the other one.

burn out said:
what do you mean the case on erowid i first linked to? i first linked to erowid's answer to a question. erowid's answer contains two case reports. you linked to the one that doesn't contain those lines. click the other one.

The first case report is the one that erowid says might have some vague evidence to support it because someone has tried to guess the orginal dosage.

The second you've quoted from is described by erowid as "Unfortunately, so little is documented in the article that it is hard to say much about this event".

I don't think we can really take anything from that seriously.

the only prolonged negative effects of LSD use are...

taking more psychedelics
thinking you are not a complete waste when you are
thinking that society 'just doesnt get you'
not showering
chilling on bluelight talking about some new bullshit RC when you should be cutting your hair and going to college

hm... yeah.

jimmyHIP said:
the only prolonged negative effects of LSD use are...

taking more psychedelics
thinking you are not a complete waste when you are
thinking that society 'just doesnt get you'
not showering
chilling on bluelight talking about some new bullshit RC when you should be cutting your hair and going to college

hm... yeah.

Are those the things you noticed when you were taking acid jim?

Ismene said:
I never said you did. Stop it with your strawmen.

i simply posted a link for people to read and form their own opinions from

No you didn't. Swilow said LSD never killed anyone, then you said he was "incorrect" and posted a link to a story on erowid that has so little reliable data that it is meaningless. You wern't saying "form your own opinions" you said quite clearly that swilow was "incorrect" and that LSD had killed someone.

Do you have any more reliable and detailed information about cases of LSD killing people? That story on erowid isn't exactly convincing with lines like "The amount (320mg) was an estimate by the authors of the article and not based on direct knowledge of how much was taken"

What about the elephant tho Izzy ?

Is an elephant a "no one" ? 8o

I have taken LSD for the past 15 years it is the safest illegal substance you can take ,i never get the mythical 'flash backs'.
Also more research has gone into the uses of LSD than that of most common and extremely dangerous drugs like paracetamol.
There's a abundance of reliable material to read on the subject the best place to start in my opinion would be the late great Albert Hofmans book ,"My problem child".
LSD is a well proven safe high which like many other safe alternatives to heavily taxed products like tobbacco and alcohol is slandered by our state controled media.
You can only trip once a week as you develop a natural immunity to the LSD not much profit for a government in that substance is there then,especially when you consider how cheap it is to produce.