• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Products containing DXM and which ones to avoid...

thanks for the good info Drownn. Saved me a lot of work, not that I would use them of course.

I bought some Mersyndol the other day from the chemist the other day because I have anxiety and back pain and my work place got robbed and the chemist gave me the third degree because I said it was to help me sleep instead of saying my back hurts when I get stressed and I can't sleep.

Anyway, they took down my name and address. What schedule does that apply to?

There are a few pharmacies in SA that have Robitussin DX just on the shelves, everywhere else has it behind the counter. I haven't tried it yet.

thinkpink said:
I bought some Mersyndol the other day from the chemist the other day because I have anxiety and back pain and my work place got robbed and the chemist gave me the third degree because I said it was to help me sleep instead of saying my back hurts when I get stressed and I can't sleep.

Anyway, they took down my name and address. What schedule does that apply to?

There are a few pharmacies in SA that have Robitussin DX just on the shelves, everywhere else has it behind the counter. I haven't tried it yet.

2 still, details are just for records.

bought 2 x 200ml bottles of robi dx this morning. no questions no hassles. should fix my cough lol

I have a friend who yesterday drank half a bottle of Chemists Own cough medicine and got high from it and she's still alive and wasn't sick or anything... I was under the impression Robitussin was the ONLY brand you could drink in excess of the recommended dose safely...?

What size was the bottle?? Chemists Own Dry Raspy Cough contains (every 10mL):

Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20mg

Drinking enough DXM to get high could mean having to ingest dangerous amounts of those other 2... I'm not sure how much of the other 2 is dangerous, but the less crap you put in your body the better I guess

There a few syrups from Chemists Own that contain DXM and NONE of these are safe or suitable for getting high! Please them this. I will list all the syrups and their ingredients and then show why, incombination or even alone in high doses these other ingredients are bad for you.

ChildrensC_C.jpg

NOT SUITABLE!

Ingredients: Each 10 ml contains: Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg Pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg Dextromethorphan HBr 20mg

dryraspy.jpg

NOT SUITABLE!

Ingredients: Each 10 ml contains: Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg Pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg Dextromethorphan HBr 20mg

Chemist Own's Syrups that don't even contain DXM

Chestymucus.jpg

Ingredients: Each 10 mL contains: Bromhexine HCl 8mg Guaiphenesin 200mg

ChestyCough.jpg

Ingredients: Each 10 ml contains: Bromhexine HCl 8mg Guaiphenesin 100mg Pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg

DryCough.jpg

Ingredients: Each 10ml contains: Codeine phosphate 19.2mg Pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg

drytickly.jpg

Ingredients: Each 5mL contains: Pholcodine 5mg

Expectalix.jpg

Ingredients: Each 10 ml contains: Codeine phosphate 15mg Phenylephrine HCl 5mg Pseudoephedrine HCl 45mg Guaiphenesin 60mg Ammonium chloride 200mg

linctus.jpg

Ingredients: Each 10 ml contains: codeine phosphate 15mg Ammonium chloride 200mg Menthol 1mg

kiddicol_1.jpg

Ingredients: Each 10 ml contains: Pholcodine 3mg Phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg Ammonium chloride 50mg

KNOWN BAD DRUG INTERACTIONS WITH DXM:
This goes for any brands that conmtain these drugs along with DXM also:-

Chlorpheniramine maleate: A drowsy old-style anti-histamine, used to be used as an anti-psychotic ages ago. Can be very dangerous in high doses. It is a anti-cholinergenic which means it can induce visuals and anfusion in some people, especially the elderly and people prone to sensattivity to anti-cholinergenic drugs. People have died from mixing this drug and a-like drugs with DXM in high doses

Pseudoephedrine: It is a mild stimulant and is the precursor to methamphetamine (ice/rock/speed/goey/base) Used for clearing the sinuses/nose but in high doses can be toxic to the body and cause heart palputations, over-heating and other nasty side effects. Mixing Pseudoephedrine with DXM can cause your body to not regulate temperature properly, could be fatal or land you in E.R

Guaiphenesin [or Guaifenesin]: It is effective in the treatment of the thickened bronchial mucosa characteristic of asthma. It works by drawing water into the bronchi. The water both thins mucus and lubricates the airway, facilitating the removal of mucus by coughing. Opera singers use this sometimes because it is effective in lubricating mucus that occurs on your vocal chords, and improves the state of their vocal folds in extremes of humidity (very humid or very dry), after flying long distances, and during mild allergies. Can cause dry mouth in medicinal doses and dehydrate you, in high doses mixed with DXM can be dangerous, and make you feel very ill and can cause stomach problems and urinary tract problems which can cause the formation of stones. It is also a CNS/muscle relaxant which could cause problems with DXM.

Pholcodine: Its a modified opiate cough suppressant which has mild CNS depressant properties if not often used for euphoria and does little for pain releif. Not good for mixing with DXM in high doses because of CNS depressant attributes

Codeine phosphate: A well known mild pain releiver in the opiate family. It is naturally occuring in opium poppies and metabolises into morphine in the body. Dangerous to mix with DXM in high doses because of CNS dewpressant properties

Phenylephrine: See pseudoephedrine above. Similar properties. Dangerous because of mild CNS stimulation problems and heat regulation problems when mixed with recreational doses of DXM

Ammonium: Has many industrial uses such as cleaning, solvent, used in glues, used in textiles, used in manifacturing other chemicals including drugs. But also used as a cough suppressant. Can be taxing on the Liver in non-medical doses, probably more dangerous in high doses with DXM

Bromhexine: Supports the body's own natural mechanisms for clearing mucus from the respiratory tract. So it's an antitussive but I don't know of any interactions with DXM or high doses mixed with DXM. It seems relatively safe in rats, with LD50 raange being 6g per KG. But if someone could correct me that would be good. I wouldn't go sculling a bottle of DXM if this was mixed with it myself.

REMEMBER Some DXM containing products contain sugar-alcohols that cause vommitting, diarrhea and stomach problems for upto 24 hours or longer! This includes the Benadryl DXM-only syrup. Really Robitussin DX is the only one you want to use.

Never take DXM while you are on anti depressants (SSRI or MAOI, or any!), AND NEVER TAKE IT WITH MDMA, THIS CAN BE FATAL SO MANY REASONS. AND THERE HAVE BEEN MDXX+DXM FATALITIES! The stuff may seem safe by itself but it can really turn on you with other drugs in the system. Meth can be a nasty combo with it. Mixing other dissociatives such as Ketamine and PCP are bad ideas. They could cause brain damage but reports, studies and theories have never been conclusive. But it sure does feel like it! Even Nitrous feels dangerous on it! I've gone into seizures and dangerous automatic behaviour (getting up and walking into walls, throwing fits around etc.) on high doses of DXM mixed with weed and nitrous.

-

Last edited:
Just posted about these on another forum. Got kids telling me to drink "the one with the most codeine", and to mix it with alcohol. Oh god lol...

Ouch. The amount of misinformation going around is what made me research drugs. Mt first LSD trip in 2000, I was told acid is making your brain bleed to cause the visuals, i didnt believe it, so I said "if your brain is bleeding, i'm sure you'd die, as blood cannot enter the brain." He replies with "THINK ABOUT IT. ITS AN ACID!" Like it was some ACME Bugs Bunny green bubbling acid vat.

So I researched it and ofcourse found out it was a common myth. My Bluelight promise then was to inform and help as many p[eople as I could via BL, other boards, MSN, other chat programs,. email about misinformation and harm minimisation techniques, based on real research and my own personal experiences of what not to do. Maybe I'm a gineau pig at times, but I never condone the behaviour. I tell people not to do it.

Splatt said:
T
Never take DXM while you are on anti depressants (SSRI or MAOI, or any!), AND NEVER TAKE IT WITH MDMA, THIS CAN BE FATAL SO MANY REASONS. AND THERE HAVE BEEN MDXX+DXM FATALITIES! The stuff may seem safe by itself but it can really turn on you with other drugs in the system. Meth can be a nasty combo with it.

-
is it just certain SSRI's?
because a mate on SSRI's was talking about trying DXM, but i don't think he knew this.

Ok. She said it was Robitussin DT or something like that, but it definitely wasn't DXM. Starts with a D though.

Same inactive ingredieents to stop abuse as with Rikodeine.

Managed to get 2 bottles of Robo DX at first chemist I tried in newtown. Split between three friends we were tripping quite hard for a good five hours. Interesting stuff, probably won't bother with it again though, at least not until a very, very rainy day haha.
Also I might note that we all got very itchy while on it, I even had a cold shower, but if you just don't scratch then it wasn't too bad.

Not only is Benadryl Dry Forte unhealthy, it is the most vile liquid that I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to ingest. I can deal with a 200ml bottle of robo as long as I go slow, but Benadryl has me spewing everywhere after 100ml.
+1
Walked into a chemist drunk wanting DX but they were out of stock, the pharmacist recommended it to me - had a quick look, DXM and DXM only - good - drunk half at a friends after a couple of hours started walking home. Then the shits kicked in,wanted to run but was too fucked - when sober my house is a 30 minutes walk away...seriously longest walk of my life, spent the next 6 hours sitting on the toilet.

Also I know I asked on the previous page but I really can't see anything wrong with Strepsils Dry Cough, no guaf or sorbitol - once exams are over I'll be a guinea pig and let you know - its often on sale so its cheaper per mg than DX.

jenkem; It has opiate properties as it was first synthezied from one asaik. Hence the itching. Smoke some weed on the DXM high, always makes sure for absolute mind warpage. Nitrous is a bit weird on it and long-lasting, reaslly don't need it to be honest and mixing 2 dissociatives may cause brain damage.

Tried the Strepsils Dry Cough - never again, has a consistency somewhere between honey and jelly lol - on the other hand it had virtually no flavor. Waited about 30 minutes before I chugged a DX to see what the nausea was like, at 30 minutes there was no nausea. After that point its hard to decide who to blame.