• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Products containing DXM and which ones to avoid...

I've only ever tripped on Robo DX and I vomited each time, few of my friends did vomit also. It's a real iffy drug in my opinion. The high is similar to a drunk/stoned feeling but you just feel really... lost? For instance I ask my friends how they are feeling and they would just respond, "...I dunno...?". It immobilises you to a degree also. I certainly did not enjoy it even though after doing it once I did it twice more.

^ i always vomit after 90 mins or thereabouts on robo dx. just a purge, not projectile or anything.

this is how i would best describe the DXM buzz:

A state of un-awareness, loss of co-ordination, distorted view on reality, feeling like your looking at reality through a window almost. At higher doses it felt like my eyes and brain were a few meters behind me and up a bit.. like they had disconnected from my body. Its a very strange high, and makes me feel brain dead for a few days after(mostly in speech). The afterglow, is amazing and almost as good as the high(id be inclined to say it may even be better). IMO DXM is a drug that is worth atleast trying.

ahh yeh . i made the mistake of downing the dm one cpl years go with a mate . was violently ill for the next 2 hours. prety funy now i look bak on it . got no noticeable effects from the dxm though besides being sick

In my experience DXM is a fairly unenjoyable drug, it is made more bearable with the addition of marijuana. The first time I did it I took the dose in halves and before the second half it was like a real fun sort of energetic high. Me and my mate who also took it were walking around the streets walking like idiots in all sorts of manners doing somersaults and rolling around pretending we were ninjas and shit. You take more and its a bit harder to move, you get a weird headspace but not really on the same level as tripping on shrooms or LSD and theres some distortions but no real open eye visuals.
I find the nausea and the Robo itch to be quite unpleasant, especially the itch, that feeling is undescribably annoying, twice was enough for me with this drug. The only way I will ever use it again is my little brother and a friend or two have expressed a degree of interest in it, should any of them ever try it I would consider taking it with them for their first experience and even then, the only person I would definately take it with is my brother.
Marijuana brings out some of the more positive effects while reducing nausea I think. I believe anyone interested should give it a try so long as you have done a little research and know what brand to buy (Robitussin DX for those who don't know) considering its cheap, easily obtainable and fairly safe to use a handful of times assuming your not stupid, in the end I feel the majority of people will not want to repeat the experience after 1-5 times as has been my experience and that of everyone I know who has used it.

First post

As you may well be able to see I am new to this forum in terms of posting but have found it very informative in regards to otc drug interactions etc in the past. However I felt the need to join and start posting since I feel I have had some experiences myself that may educate others on how to act responsibly if they want to "experiment".
So back to the subject at hand. Recently had a very pleasant experience with the combo of 120mg pseudoephidrine, 2x30mg+2x500mg para tabs, 90ml Robo DX (ie 270mg DXM) and washed it all down with a cwe of 50x10mg codeine/para i.e. approx 400mg codeine. This combo lasted a good 3 hours.
The reason I posted this is because there was a post earlier in the thread that suggested certain combos are dangerous yet failed to specify the quantities of each in the interaction that would cause these adverse affects. In my case I have found a "happy" medium, if you like, that works for me. This was achieved by trialling each component on its own and noting the affects, duration etc. For example I know that I have built up a tolerance to codeine to a point and the effects kick in after about 30mins. I have found Tonic water to help me with poteniating and the codeine/para tabs also aid in the process. On the other hand the DXM takes longer to kick in for me so if I take everything at the same time I get the warm buzz of the codeine first then after that wears off the DXM starts working and the pseudo tabs seems to heighten the affects of the DXM, for me.
Anyway I hope I haven't broken any rules in this, my first, post and I look forward to learning more, as well as helping others to stay safe but still have fun!

You have found a happy medium because you are doing damage on the inside. It may not kill you, but it will kill off your organs slowly.
Just a warning.

Is there any extraction methods for DXM? I have one of those psychological things. Can't remember the name for it. But I had a bad experience as a kid and all COUGH medicine makes me spew from the taste. Some times if the smell. Thinking about it can even make me dry reach.
So that's stopped me from trying DXM.

Although I believe it's fairly easy to obtain over the internet.

Last edited:
^ Look up the Agent Lemon extraction, if done correctly will leave you with DXM powder.

InZAYNE: I don't understand the addition of the paracetamol tablets, unless I'm misreading that and they were part of the pseudo. It may be worth doing a CWE on those as well, pseudoephedrine is water soluble like codeine.

I believe they are Panadeine Fortes. Sounds like a nice combo, I always love codeine for the DXM hangover but never tried it with the DXM. Prob wouldn't work for higher doses of DXM. 270mg must be about 2nd plateau, Codeine would work well there but I wouldn't want to dose the DXM much higher as that and the codeine would prob put me to sleep (so many trips wasted by falling asleep).

Don't really understand the pseudoephidrine though, I can't imagine that would add anything good...just uncomfortable PNS stimulation, if you want more clarity I'd go caffeine but I find that doesn't go well with DXM.

^ Look up the Agent Lemon extraction, if done correctly will leave you with DXM powder.

Thanks. Got so many extractions planned. Sigh.
Oh well good practice.

My wisdom teeth are coming through however aren't painful, not that the doctor knows that ;)

Its certainly best to avoid anything that has other stuff than DXM in it if you can. You don't need all that extra shit in your body anyway. Especially Guaifenesin. It is pretty notorious for making people feel nauseous and even throw up. Plus you need to watch that it doesn't have any Acetaminophen in it. You don't want to OD on that stuff and fuck up your liver.

^^ mm.. dxm hangover. the stuff makes my brain feel like play dough for 2 days afterwards

It is legal to import DXM powder if you know a source btw. The stuff is very cheap and better than chugging something you will spew up. Upto 3 months worth I believe at a time can be imported, someone work out that if you have a cold for 3 months straight and can't kick that cough :)

Also if you don't spew up on DXM, even 1.5 hours into it, just hold it in, It is basically like being in a death hole in a completely dissociative reality if you smoke some weed on it. If you're a bulbwhore you don't need much in fact I don't think it's good for you seen alot of people have seizures or sleep walk into walls and fall over after bulbing on 200ML of RoboDX. Very random and sometimes violent stuff can come out because you truely are not your normal self. If you get very weird reactions from K I wouldn't try DXM. It's basically accepting death at the 4th plateau with just a little brittle string attached to the consciousness outside of your body, when you are already out of body :)

Chugged a whole bottle of RobiDX for my first and only time on DXM, then smoke at least 6 cones. Was fucking riiiiiiiipppppppeddddd, then the DXM kicked in and I was so fucked hahaha.

Could hardly talk, standing up was fucking hard, tv tripped the fuck out of me, and was robo walking everywhere. Was awesome, going to get some more in the next few weeks, want to get to 3rd or 4th plat

It is legal to import DXM powder if you know a source btw. The stuff is very cheap and better than chugging something you will spew up. Upto 3 months worth I believe at a time can be imported, someone work out that if you have a cold for 3 months straight and can't kick that cough :)
Not legal to import without a license. But like most similar stuff the worst you could expect is a nasty letter from customs.

Mr Blonde: I can't believe I'm talking to the real Mr Blonde %) but the reason for the Panadeine Forte ( you were right rogan) is I read somewhere that it helps to poteniate the codeine - I believe I read it here!? I figured 1g, being recomended dose anyway, couldn't do much harm since I have perfected cwe's to the point of swarovski crystal clarity!
rogan: Again, you were right! On the pseudoephedrine, I guess you were right in that I get more clarity but I have also found that codeine and dxm give me a buzz more than a stone so the pseudo seems to heighten that buzz, more so during the dxm stage. The only time I have fallen asleep was when I had 2 phenergan (promethazine) tablets 1/2 hour before some codeine i.e. 50mg promethazine. The scary thing is that recomended dose is 1-3 tabs before bed. 3 of them would bring down the Hulk FFS.
To those that have concerns for the wellbeing of others I want to reassure you I am well past the stage of experimentation and if it hasn't killed me yet I can't see it killing me now. Could you please give me some reasons other than "trust me" for your assertions?

Last edited:
Not legal to import without a license. But like most similar stuff the worst you could expect is a nasty letter from customs.

I've confirmed with TGA its allowed. You can order any S2 medecine or S1 or unclassified for 3 months supply without even asking them.

I read somewhere that it helps to poteniate the codeine - I believe I read it here!? I figured 1g, being recomended dose anyway, couldn't do much harm since I have perfected cwe's to the point of swarovski crystal clarity!

Seeing as how DXM and codeine are 2D6 inhibitors, I would think codeine would actually lessen the effects. Anyone care to disagree?

Depends how you take it. DXM makes opiate tolerance lower for later use, but used in combination at the same time it definitely has effects more on the opiate side. Alot of codeine and rikodeine addicts mix small amounts of DXM to help with pain releif

I had 2 phenergan (promethazine) tablets 1/2 hour before some codeine i.e. 50mg promethazine. The scary thing is that recomended dose is 1-3 tabs before bed. 3 of them would bring down the Hulk FFS.

To those that have concerns for the wellbeing of others I want to reassure you I am well past the stage of experimentation and if it hasn't killed me yet I can't see it killing me now. Could you please give me some reasons other than "trust me" for your assertions?

I used to eat 5-7 a night. From tolerance, not for it's deliriant effects.
Yuck.

And I'm sure some one else can you info. But using them all at once you are putting strain on your liver to process all these chemicals, and pressure on your heart from drugs trying to slow it down and speed it up at the same time.
High doses could cause a heart attack.
Your combination doesn't even sound like the high would be all the enjoyable.
Caffeine is probably just as good to use as the psuedo.