• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Prescription Monitoring Systems in the US: NarX Score

So, checked with both of them and nether was aware of or used the service. They both use the state monitoring system, but have had no dealings with this. Given its nature I'm not going to ask someone to submit me to it.
10-4. That’s good. That’s my ultimate goal. I want Texas to squash the scoring part of the PMP. Can I ask you which state you reside in? And thanks for checking…

Can you explain to me why changing from MS Contin to Suboxone is a better choice?
It is the only choice they are giving me, but, I do not understand why it is better.
Everything I read tells me it is stronger than morphine.

It isn't better, it's definitely less effective for pain. It's just that doctors are so scared to prescribe full agonists now that they're prescribing suboxone for pain, which is dumb.

Suboxone is MUCH more potent by weight, but it is weaker in terms of both high and pain relief.

It also has (much) longer withdrawals, but less severe withdrawals.

I haven't read all the comments so this may have already been mentioned but if you are a female and you admit to any sexual abuse either as a child or an adult they automatically score you higher. I found a lot of information about this over at the doctor patient pain forum. They have a ton of medical legal advisors

I haven't read all the comments so this may have already been mentioned but if you are a female and you admit to any sexual abuse either as a child or an adult they automatically score you higher. I found a lot of information about this over at the doctor patient pain forum. They have a ton of medical legal advisors
Is that a separate forum that’s not in bluelight, or a categories in this forum?

I can’t figure out how to attach a pic in this comment so I’ll just explain it. Bamboo Health (bamboo health.com) is the private company that administers the NarX scoring system. If you go to their website, and look for an “opt-out” option, it appears that you can opt out of their system entirely, but you have to opt out for every single medical place individually. If you go to Methodist Hospital for a surgery, and then go St Luke’s for general practitioner, you have to fill the form out for each place, and you must know your MRN (Medical Review Number) from each place, etc.. I’m not opting out just yet. I’m not through with my goals. I’m thinking about seeing a lawyer to discuss the possibility of suing my beloved state of Texas for sharing my private health information with a for-profit private company, that then uses that information to retard my healthcare through their proprietary scoring system. From what I can tell, it takes EXPRESS PERMISSION from me to do that, per HIPPA laws.

14/14/22
As promised, I will now report my scores that I got from my GP this morning from a general checkup that I get a couple of times a year. They went up from my reported scores that I got two weeks ago. For some reason, my opiate score went up and I haven’t filled anything in that class, along with my possible OD score. It went up the most.

1. Opiate = 430 (up from 420)
2. Sed = 501 (up from 491)
3. Stimulant = 0
4. OD = 370 (up from 300)

Everyone really needs to read this! This stuff is CRAZY!

I have been on a mission for about the last week trying to find out the ins and outs of how PMP systems are operated. More specifically, how the NarX scores are tabulated.

If you have a bad credit score at a credit reporting agency that’s unfair, you can file an addendum to the bad report that will allow future creditors will see when they are seeing if they want to issue you some credit. No such avenue exists in this situation with our NarX scores.

The algorithms used to figure out scores are proprietary. Nobody can explain how they are tabulated. Not even doctors or pharmacists know exactly how it is done. They just know the general things that the scores reflect, like numbers of pharmacies or doctors that are used, specific drugs used in the catagories, etc. Not even the Texas Department of Public Safety, that administers the PMP program, knows how they are tabulated. The filled prescriptions part of the PMP program is the main body of of the system, but the NarX scores part of the system is an adjacent part of the PMP that is done through a private for-profit company called Bamboo. Their algorithm is private (proprietary). They won’t divulge how the scores are tabulated.

I can pay $50 for my PMP record from the state but it won’t include my current NarX scores, or what they have been, to where I can ascertain what the scores have done through time to get a sense of how they work. My report would only tell me of the prescriptions I’ve filled in the last two years, which is useless because I know what I’ve gotten.

While I’ve been investigating this, I’ve been made aware of the “social credit system” used in China where if you do things that show you are a good communist, your score will be higher, and anything considered not being a good communist causes lower scores. There’s nothing that a citizen can do to combat what their score is. This NarX scoring part of the PMP system IS THE EXACT SAME TYPE OF THING! This should concern everyone.

There are three categories in Texas. They are opiate, sedative, and stimulant. Plus, there is also an overall score that supposedly expresses what your chances are to die by accidental overdose. My opiate score is 420. My sedative score is 491. On both of these scores, the last number indicates the amount of prescriptions you have filled in the last month. “0” indicates none, and “1” indicates one prescription. That part of the scoring is researchable, but there the list ends. My stimulant score must be 0 because the pharmacist said the first two categories are all he sees besides the next score of 300. My overall chance of overdose score is 300. These scores go from 0 - 990.

Does anyone reading this know of any other little things that these systems do that tabulate NarX scores, or what my specific scores mean? I’m attempting to collect all the info I can about this bullshit system of prescription TYRANNY that I live under in the US, and more specifically, the state of Texas.

TIA…

NarX Score Collective Project

I’d like to put together a project for the NarX scores that we are forced to live under. Both my doctor, and a pharmacist, told me my current NarX scores. I can’t find out what the scores have been, from month to month, for the last two years, which is reportedly as far back as these PMP records go back. I’m certain older stuff doesn’t get expunged like they claim, though.

I’d like for us to get our scores as they are upon picking up our medicine, and then post them on this thread, so we can start to see how they change over time. Like I said, the pharmacist had no issues with telling me what they are. This will give all of us that are concerned about this tyrannical discriminatory system, an idea of how they work, and by extension, show us why we may be having the troubles we have with getting the care we are being denied.

Even if nobody wants to participate, I will be logging my scores on this thread monthly, but I hope we have more input from others. We’ll know about this stuff much quicker with more participation.

My scores right now are:

1. Opiate = 420
2. Sedative = 491
3. Stimulant = 0
4. Overall score that reflects the chances of me dying by accidental OD = 300
(After this entry #4 will be denoted using “OD” for now on.)

I hope y’all join in this quest with me.
This company is one of the most evil unjust things even visited upon human kinds and whoever owns this company deserves to be dragged out of their house in the middle of the night and...well use your imagination.

Do we know which states are using this?

I know FL does but that's it. Wondering about CA

I can’t figure out how to attach a pic in this comment so I’ll just explain it. Bamboo Health (bamboo health.com) is the private company that administers the NarX scoring system. If you go to their website, and look for an “opt-out” option, it appears that you can opt out of their system entirely, but you have to opt out for every single medical place individually. If you go to Methodist Hospital for a surgery, and then go St Luke’s for general practitioner, you have to fill the form out for each place, and you must know your MRN (Medical Review Number) from each place, etc.. I’m not opting out just yet. I’m not through with my goals. I’m thinking about seeing a lawyer to discuss the possibility of suing my beloved state of Texas for sharing my private health information with a for-profit private company, that then uses that information to retard my healthcare through their proprietary scoring system. From what I can tell, it takes EXPRESS PERMISSION from me to do that, per HIPPA laws.
Suing Texas for dehumanizing ppl that take opioids? This is a state where "ban narcan" bumper stickers are common. Good luck with that.

Get the hell out of that theocracy asap is my advice. Unless you have the money to sue those bastards then godspeed.

If you are a chronic pain patient you can never admit to or seek treatment for any mental health issues. You'll never get a script again with shit like that in your chart.

Suing Texas for dehumanizing ppl that take opioids? This is a state where "ban narcan" bumper stickers are common. Good luck with that.

Get the hell out of that theocracy asap is my advice. Unless you have the money to sue those bastards then godspeed.
Where do you live, and where do you suggest? Most states use the Narx Care scoring system. I believe Rhode Island is the one that don’t. I’ve honestly never seen a bumper sticker like that.

This company is one of the most evil unjust things even visited upon human kinds and whoever owns this company deserves to be dragged out of their house in the middle of the night and...well use your imagination.

Do we know which states are using this?

I know FL does but that's it. Wondering about CA
I think Rhode Island is the only state that does not use it.