• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pregabalin / Lyrica

I saw a documentary about Pregabalin addiction and the guy snorted them. I have to say I don't get how people get anything from 600mg - I need masses more than that to feel anything, although I swallow them. I'm not sure I want to snort them - I've never snorted anything.

Pregabalin or gabapentin? If the former you might be magnesium deficient. Get chelated magnesium; Solgars brand isn't bunk (Holland and Barrets/their site).

I'd never snort pregablin for some reason, I don't think I'd like any fast comeup, if they even worked.

I think Pregabalin is wayyyy too deep and psychedelic for that. It really, really tests me sometimes in terms of the introspective and reprimanding power to it (when you're just doing everyday normal stuff as well). I 100% think this is why pregabs/gabapentin are sometimes suicidal. It's a relatively un-touted but prominent aspect of the drug for some people. I can only imagine the amount of people trying it as an alternative anxiety med from their doctors and trying to explain to their doctor these powerfully deep thoughts that they've possibly never had before and maybe being fobbed off. I would struggle to tell the difference between pregabs/gabapentin and some of my 4-aco-dmt/mushroom/LSD microdoses.

Pregabalin or gabapentin? If the former you might be magnesium deficient. Get chelated magnesium; Solgars brand isn't bunk (Holland and Barrets/their site).

I'd never snort pregablin for some reason, I don't think I'd like any fast comeup, if they even worked.

I think Pregabalin is wayyyy too deep and psychedelic for that. It really, really tests me sometimes in terms of the introspective and reprimanding power to it (when you're just doing everyday normal stuff as well). I 100% think this is why pregabs/gabapentin are sometimes suicidal. It's a relatively un-touted but prominent aspect of the drug for some people. I can only imagine the amount of people trying it as an alternative anxiety med from their doctors and trying to explain to their doctor these powerfully deep thoughts that they've possibly never had before and maybe being fobbed off. I would struggle to tell the difference between pregabs/gabapentin and some of my 4-aco-dmt/mushroom/LSD microdoses.

the kind if doses a doctor would prescribe would do nothing for me, but I guess they could for some people who've never used Preg before. Don't doctors prescribe it mostly for neuropathic pain?

re: magnesium - do you mean that if I take lots of Pregabalin I'll become Magnesium deficient and should take MG supplements? Or do you mean that taking Magnesium with Preg could enhance the experience?

Or do you mean that taking Magnesium with Preg could enhance the experience?
Just the opposite iirc
Not sposed to take magnesium anything a coupla hours before dosing gabapentinoids... it weakens the effects by blocking absorption. Eat fatty foods with these products and at each dose and then we talikin slight enhancement(s): I prefer penutbutter ymmv

Quick google hits for further study.

the kind if doses a doctor would prescribe would do nothing for me, but I guess they could for some people who've never used Preg before. Don't doctors prescribe it mostly for neuropathic pain?

re: magnesium - do you mean that if I take lots of Pregabalin I'll become Magnesium deficient and should take MG supplements? Or do you mean that taking Magnesium with Preg could enhance the experience?
Just the opposite iirc
Not sposed to take magnesium anything a coupla hours before dosing gabapentinoids... it weakens the effects by blocking absorption. Eat fatty foods with these products and at each dose and then we talikin slight enhancement(s): I prefer penutbutter ymmv

Quick google hits for further study.

I mean that you might already be deficient, whatever that is considered to be, whether through pregab use or prior to it, or not. IIRC many are defficient.

I actually took magnesium while on gabapentin and it was weird. Like when I took too much choline weird. Not recommended, it didn't feel right.

I can't remember if I take 300mg or 150mg pregabalin; whatever those indian ones with the pretty capsules were, felt well posh. But gabapentin I take usually 5-6 x 300mg which some consider high. Some people definitely feel it at 300mg+. I've posted before but after magnesium dosing, and 7 x 300mg gabapentin not working, I dosed the magnesium daily until it was gone, abstained from gabapentin, and 3 x 300mg was hitting me as hard, on the regular: as the first time I took it.

And I experimented with so many fatty concoctions I must have put on a couple of stone in weight.

What dose pregab do you take?

What dose pregab do you take?

you don't want to know, it would shock you. Even if I abstain for weeks it doesn't seem to reset my tolerance much.

I do take magnesium supplements - just Tesco's ones - they're cheap but I'm not sure if buying more expensive Holland and Barratt ones would be significantly better.

I don't take Magnesium with Preg - might try it though and see if it has any effect. I do think an empty stomach makes a difference though

I don't take Magnesium with Preg - might try it though and see if it has any effect. I do think an empty stomach makes a difference though

Im not advocating this btw. Like I say, it was weird. like, shouldnt do that weird.

There are problems with uptake of magnesium between certain types, which is why I used 400mg of the chelated with food. While not taking gabapentin. And also with nutritious food. Im not saying it will work, but these dont seem to be proper GABA drugs and it worked for me.

And yeah, dont worry about it, my highest benzo dose would definitely shock most people, but im not fussed. Feel free to PM me, i want the deets!

I totally get your stance if this is actually a ridiculous tolerance thing. I have rapidly, exponentially accruing benzo tolerance that takes a week to be able to redose the same amount, and taking them two days in a row doesnt work.

Unless you’ve been to the doctors and had a test saying you are xyz deficient, taking supplements is just making expensive piss.

Unless you’ve been to the doctors and had a test saying you are xyz deficient, taking supplements is just making expensive piss.

You certainly made expensive piss with a supplement, I guess. =D

Ive tried many supplements (and nootropics) and generally I agree, its hard to tell from placebo, with a few notable exceptions. Niacin (flush version, Vitamin B3)... anyone is welcome to neck one of them and come back saying how the flush went (just beware blood pressure contraindictions). I kind of like it. But youre in for a small ride. Tianeptine did fuck all as a 30mg supplement, some heavy opiod action after my "fuck this Ill see if its active" tester, though.

But this gabapentin thing is just my anecdotal experience with tolerance and reverting to less than first dose tolerance, after something I read. And not neccesarily pregabalin. A bit like b2 (?) deficiency from heavy nitrus use, because the b2 is oxidised when you take a baloon or whatever. I know gabapentin and pregab GABA action was called into question and Im sure its now thought to do with calcium ion channels or something.

Oh and I have one of those panels later on, might post the results.

Last edited:
hey guys, i just wanted a read on pregablin
Im prescribed it but only 200mg a day, (1 twice a day)

I personally havent seen the same potential in it such as say diazepam (I can eat those like smarties, even 5mg gives me that nice relaxed feel and that calm feeling in hands i dont know how else id describe it)

must also state i have no intention of abusing it either i just wanted a perspective on doses, when i first started it, it seemed to unlock some bad emotional baggage inside of me for about a week for some reason (or maybe i was just processing it all then who knows)

when i first started it, it seemed to unlock some bad emotional baggage inside of me for about a week for some reason (or maybe i was just processing it all then who knows)

^Probably due to this type of stuff I mentioned.

My recommendation would be to take it less frequently, taper a bit, carefully, and restore your tolerance. IMO once a week with this stuff would be ideal, but that's a struggle!

Also, I love the diazepam hand feeling too.

DO NOT TAKE LYRICA FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. IT LITERALLY CAUSES BRAIN DAMAGE AND THERE HAS BEEN MULTIPLE STUDIES OF ITS HORRIBLE EFFECTS.

You certainly made expensive piss with a supplement, I guess. =D

Ive tried many supplements (and nootropics) and generally I agree, its hard to tell from placebo, with a few notable exceptions. Niacin (flush version, Vitamin B3)... anyone is welcome to neck one of them and come back saying how the flush went (just beware blood pressure contraindictions). I kind of like it. But youre in for a small ride. Tianeptine did fuck all as a 30mg supplement, some heavy opiod action after my "fuck this Ill see if its active" tester, though.

But this gabapentin thing is just my anecdotal experience with tolerance and reverting to less than first dose tolerance, after something I read. And not neccesarily pregabalin. A bit like b2 (?) deficiency from heavy nitrus use, because the b2 is oxidised when you take a baloon or whatever. I know gabapentin and pregab GABA action was called into question and Im sure its now thought to do with calcium ion channels or something.

Oh and I have one of those panels later on, might post the results.

@LoginNotSecure is right, that the vitamin supplement market is largely a con, because most people aren't deficient. Possibly with the exception of Vitamin D3 during the winter months when some get hardly any or no daylight. I took Omega 3, Vitamin B complex and multivitamin supplements for years, but then wondered why I was wasting money on things when there was no evidence I needed them. That's the power of advertising!

Are there studies to back up when you say Pregabalin/Gabapentin use can cause Magnesium deficiency, or is it just something you read somebody else say on the internet? Because I'm convinced that urban myths fly around message boards like this one all the time - I'm not having a go at at you at all, because I'm susceptible to these internet urban myths too - I think a lot of us are.

Likewise with the Nitrous Oxide causing vitmain B12 deficiency - I've read that all the time - it could be real (ie. backed up by accreditted scientific studies) or just another message-board myth....

DO NOT TAKE LYRICA FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. IT LITERALLY CAUSES BRAIN DAMAGE AND THERE HAS BEEN MULTIPLE STUDIES OF ITS HORRIBLE EFFECTS.

Can you link to these studies please? Or if this is a joke post, please don't, because some people read stuff like this and assume it's true and that's exactly how the internet urban myths that I was just talking about in my last post start....

ye please share, i dont intend to go beyond 200mg a day at least

Can you link to these studies please? Or if this is a joke post, please don't, because some people read stuff like this and assume it's true and that's exactly how the internet urban myths that I was just talking about in my last post start....
Joke post? In my own experiences it literally damaged my brain and memory + the ability to learn new things. My friend who was ten years+ on the shit shared the exact same feelings about that poisonous "medicine". Also, @tubgirl.jpg what do you think of long-term pregabalin use?

Im gonna find those studies and post them here, may take an hour or so (playing ranked ow + watching LOL tournament)

Joke post? In my own experiences it literally damaged my brain and memory + the ability to learn new things. My friend who was ten years+ on the shit shared the exact same feelings about that poisonous "medicine". Also, @tubgirl.jpg what do you think of long-term pregabalin use?

Im gonna find those studies and post them here, may take an hour or so (playing ranked ow + watching LOL tournament)
Nothing I'd recommend. It has the worst withdrawal I've experienced. My head felt fried. I would be more apprehensive about going on Lyrica long term than Xanax. Everytime I take Lyrica I definitely feel that I lose about 20 points in IQ during the high. I also felt foggy and sluggish.
I wouldn't eat Lyrica and design rockets so to speak, but maybe that's just me?

I would look for alternatives if it was a medication I needed daily.

I've read those studies you mentioned and posted. It's kind of scary.