• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin instant-fast tolerance

dopamine seeker

Bluelighter
So just to point out. Pregabalin is one of my favorite drug. It has an euforic effect like mdma, makes you happy and sociable. but...
yesterday I took 825 mg and had that awesome feeling, happy, talkative and everything plus: it doesn't have comedown like amphetamine or others.
today I took 825 mg again and it almost had zero effect. I take it everyday 600 mg but spaced out. Always when I take 300 mg I get a good mood lift. But today it didn't work at all, as I took yesterday at night, just didn't work today. I want to know if this is just a stable and high blood plasma concentration of pregabalin, so like methadone, it just doesn't make you high after the first times, or is it tolerance, like fast tolerance ? I apreciate you reading this, and if someone can explain me it better I would be glad to know.

Generally, pregabalin has to be dosed 3x the second day of using to get a same effect as day 1.

Its the fast tolerance. 300mg will propably start working again somewhat after you have taken it for some time.

^^^ Agreed.
That tolerance builds super-fast in my experience with pregabalin (lyrica). Makes me feel drunk in a pleasant way but not sustainable without looking to go through some extended withdrawals upon cessation.
Careful with pregab... even taken as prescribed over as little as a couple-three weeks can bring WDs if not tapered off.

In August of 2019 while using up to a gram of adderall/day i started using gabapentin WITH pregablin at the same time, by the end of the month a regular dose was 30-50,000mg of pentin and 4-9,000mg of pregab.... don't use it often, you will regret it.