• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

vE2HQeK.jpg

"Moon World" / 月世界 (Tsuki Sekai), 2018, by Haruomi Izumi (東臣 泉), the pseudonym of a contemporary Nihonga (Japanese style) painter who was born in Funabashi (船橋市), Chiba Prefecture (千葉県), Japan, in 1979. His real name is Toshinomi Izumi (東臣泉).

It snowed today here and I like the layering of the trees and the werewolf vibes from the piece I'm getting.

Q1WBKD5.jpg

"A Couple of Cats" (a 1958, first edition, woodblock print) by 20th century Japanese printmaker Inagaki Tomoo (稲垣知雄, 1902 - 1980).

You know how there's that expression about finding someone in another life, perhaps as cats? I think I might have found that person, we've both lived a lot in our lives. This one just spoke to me today.

pmYBYVL.jpg

"Gotcha" by Tariq Labrijn , 2019

It just speaks to me today. Sometimes you just have to dive into yourself a little to figure things out.

97nziype55j61.jpg

"Illustration" by Aykut Aydogdu, 2019

I just like it and there's someone I'm close to that clears their head in the surf.

Last edited:
plp213ngmkm61.jpg

"Regenerate" by Neonhueman, 2021

Feeling kind of disconnected from myself today and it's all sunny and stuff outside, this digital render spoke to me for some reason. Maybe something to do with finding solace in nature in these pandemic times.

Have a few for today...

1svGtIQ.jpg

"Ideas Come at Night" by Anonymous

I feel like I've had a million things on my mind today, so this one spoke to me.

rCRqhtW.jpg

"Cardinal" by Jason Anderson, 2020

I was thinking about how we are all made up of these collages of past experiences, emotions, traumas, insecurities, strengths, weaknesses etc and how that shades us and how we interact with the world.

EESLKro.jpg

"Filled her lungs" by Evan Raditya Pratomo, 2016

Someone has been swirling around my head a lot today @MsDiz

kn3a6vp6b9p61.jpg

"Mend" by Anonymous, 2021

Had the worst headache yesterday and still feel a little ragged today. I swear it felt like there were people doing construction in my head at points.

OsN3X32.jpg

"Refracted Portrait" by Hamza Lafrouji (Psycho Moustache) from his "Glass" series, 2021

There's something kind of demure or maybe fragile about the woman in the piece and I've been thinking a bit about how our vision of ourselves is sometimes distorted, that maybe others can help us see what we can't. Someone close to me also mentioned lipstick today and it reminded me of this work.

portrait-pablo-picasso-aleksey-vysotsky.jpg

My favorite Picasso painting. He was high as fuck, naturally. Strange to think of all the chems we have today that he never got to try. He was a tobacco and sex addict all of his life. He indulged in opium and hashish regularly during his “blue period”, but gave up opium forever after a friend committed suicide while taking opium, hashish, and ether together. I wonder what he might have created after experiencing LSD or MDMA or methamphetamine.

Fantastic picks, BK. :)

My favorite Picasso painting. He was high as fuck, naturally. Strange to think of all the chems we have today that he never got to try. He was a tobacco and sex addict all of his life. He indulged in opium and hashish regularly during his “blue period”, but gave up opium forever after a friend committed suicide while taking opium, hashish, and ether together. I wonder what he might have created after experiencing LSD or MDMA or methamphetamine.

I never knew that about Picasso, though it doesn't surprise me. The guy was a total visionary and pushed the art envelope so much, it makes you wonder what psychedelics would have introduced.

Fantastic picks, BK. :)

I never knew that about Picasso, though it doesn't surprise me. The guy was a total visionary and pushed the art envelope so much, it makes you wonder what psychedelics would have introduced.
Picasso only really indulged for around 4/5 year’s with opium/hashish. He was never an artist who needed a drug to create although you can see the opium influence in a few of his paintings in the rose period. The dreamy waifs he painted. “Family of Saltimbanques” is a good example. Picasso had very much thought of his work as sacred.

Just to say, you do realise who that painting is by don't you? It’s not by Picasso but a portrait of him. The same artist also did a great portrait of Van Gogh if you like the style.