• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Just to say, you do realise who that painting is by don't you? It’s not by Picasso but a portrait of him. The same artist also did a great portrait of Van Gogh if you like the style.
No, I absolutely did not know that. I "recognized" it as a self-portrait, and I dismissed the signature on the arm of the figure without explanation, because I wanted to believe what I want to believe. Such is the power of denial. I want to look up this Mariarti peep, posthaste.

No, I absolutely did not know that. I "recognized" it as a self-portrait, and I dismissed the signature on the arm of the figure without explanation, because I wanted to believe what I want to believe. Such is the power of denial. I want to look up this Mariarti peep, posthaste.
You will like his style if you liked that painting.

I used to sell this woman’s prints all the time, and I really love her style. Kim Starr, she was from Hawaii, this was many many years ago now.

Q-zqjQPHWTJoa-blG9uf3IKIhBJJ_jcDOGQntrppl-C5THXRR4SK6sBY9CUJM7pUVfFmMCHnt24snZBAgHM07o4pKK_rvO55_iBU2M3AjGnKj6RU1LwpOKKoMRJk-IF_utX02NkBuw

Kim+Starr+1956+-+Romantic+Realism+painter+-+Tutt%27Art@+(2).jpg

Kim+Starr+1956+-+Romantic+Realism+painter+-+Tutt%27Art@+(10).jpg

a1570440094_10.jpg

I like this album cover, it's silly, but good - and matches the music style. Feels like a positive trip.

Busdriver - THUMBS

this stuff spooks me out, really interesting too

wow just rewatched the video and noticed the writing on his 2nd to last painting

"the cards are no good that I'm holding, unless they are from another world"...

sums up what I imagine major schizo would feel like after having my own little brush with it

wow, just wow

This long album which describes, through audio, what the process of dying from dementia feels like.... very intense and creepy if you delve into it. I thought it was interesting, and more than just an album but more of an art.. so... enjoy

STAGE 1 : 00:00:00 Here we experience the first signs of memory loss. This stage is most like a beautiful daydream. The glory of old age and recollection. The last of the great days.

STAGE 2 : 00:41:22 The second stage is the self realisation and awareness that something is wrong with a refusal to accept that. More effort is made to remember so memories can be more long form with a little more deterioration in quality. The overall personal mood is generally lower than the first stage and at a point before confusion starts setting in.

STAGE 3 : 01:23:17 Here we are presented with some of the last coherent memories before confusion fully rolls in and the grey mists form and fade away. Finest moments have been remembered, the musical flow in places is more confused and tangled. As we progress some singular memories become more disturbed, isolated, broken and distant. These are the last embers of awareness before we enter the post awareness stages.

STAGE 4 : 02:08:53 Post-Awareness Stage 4 is where serenity and the ability to recall singular memories gives way to confusions and horror. It's the beginning of an eventual process where all memories begin to become more fluid through entanglements, repetition and rupture.

STAGE 5 : 03:36:12 Post-Awareness Stage 5 confusions and horror. More extreme entanglements, repetition and rupture can give way to calmer moments. The unfamiliar may sound and feel familiar. Time is often spent only in the moment leading to isolation.

STAGE 6 : 05:04:32 Post-Awareness Stage 6 is without description.

PXL_20210404_194515905.jpg

had some" accidental renaissance" on my desk, took a picture

I call this one "An afternoon tea at snafu's"

Booze, drugs, and blood on the tissue

I am a big fan of German expressionist sculpture, especially the work of Ernst Barlach.

Barlach is quite good. There is this one sculpture at the Boston MFA permenant collection that was probably my introduction to the style.

Self-Portrait as a Warrior
Oskar Kokoschka (Austrian, 1886–1980)
Austrian (Vienna)1909

Anyway, I've been feeling this one album cover for a techno release by Maayam Nidam (called Hellium 002). I don't know who did the art, but she runs the Hellium label. Every time I scroll past the album image it really grabs my attention. I am pretty unfamiliar with digital/glitch art, but would be interested to see anything with a similarly arresting quality.

I am a big fan of German expressionist sculpture, especially the work of Ernst Barlach.
O sweet, I have a bunch of mini-sculptures on my altar, by different artisans
I like "Das Wiedersehen"(the reunion), "Schläfer im Sturm"(Sleeper in the Storm) and "Der Buchleser" (the book-reader)
The English translations are actual translations, I have not the slightest how they're named in English.

@ topic: Franz Marc, Bavarian painter.
I really like his art, been to a museum as a kid w my schoolclass and just loved the work

Drei-Katzen.jpg

flexscript.php

The horses are pretty sad, because the original got lost in WW2. Like many of his paintings, sadly
Hitler did not like expressionism one bit. Was owned by Goering after the degenerate art exhibition

Last edited:
jbo2trin4em51.jpg

"The Walls Are Leaking" by Anonymous, Digital, 2020

I have a trait of mine that is toxic that I want to drain out of me. Work in progress.

Barlach is quite good. There is this one sculpture at the Boston MFA permenant collection that was probably my introduction to the style.

Self-Portrait as a Warrior
Oskar Kokoschka (Austrian, 1886–1980)
Austrian (Vienna)1909

Yes, very nice, I know I have seen it before. I can walk to the MFA but I don't go too often. It is expensive, but sometimes the library has cheap tickets you can check out. I am in love with the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum, and they give you discount tickets just for wearing Sox, Bruins, Celtics, or Pats gear.

Anyway, I've been feeling this one album cover for a techno release by Maayam Nidam (called Hellium 002). I don't know who did the art, but she runs the Hellium label. Every time I scroll past the album image it really grabs my attention. I am pretty unfamiliar with digital/glitch art, but would be interested to see anything with a similarly arresting quality.

That's a trip. I like the cover @SnafuInTheVoid posted, it is very jovial.

jbo2trin4em51.jpg

"The Walls Are Leaking" by Anonymous, Digital, 2020

I have a trait of mine that is toxic that I want to drain out of me. Work in progress.

This oddly reminds me of a fictional book produced in the 1800's in america about a race of cave dwelling cryptoids who looked similar with no hair, liquid bleeding from their bodies, and they constantly hung their head down to avoid the sun.

Strangely familiar...

125xzcy9mpr61.jpg

"The Girl Sunflower" by Sammmie, Digital, 2021

I picked this because I have been finding a lot of solace in nature lately, helps me feel less suffocated by Covid restrictions. Feeling quite at peace after getting a bit of sun today.

IMG-20210408-132927.jpg

My friend sent me this today. This is a mural at TMC (large hospital) where I grew up depicting my friend James.

He was known for selling newspapers at the intersection across from my highschool. We would speedball in the tunnels below that intersection every day. I have a direct connection to this mural. I would help him sell papers to get drug money.

James was a very kind person who just happens to be a homeless heroin addict.

Last I heard of him he was busted in a car my friend stole about 10 years ago.

He was older and not in the best health. I assume the worst. I miss you man.

a45326b.png

This old advertisement for xanax gave me my needed creep factor to start my day

Don't be anxiety face :( take a chill pill bruh