• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Poppy seed tea. Has anyone given it a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i can usually handle nausea too. I regually do codeine. not problems. & it takes a good 160mg of oxy before I get nausea.
it's not the morphine/codeine making me sick. I added to much lemon & its just that PS taste

well i dunno about 2 hrs to kick in but im feeling a little drowsy atm. how many grams do u use pinkanga?
GFJ? OMG that stuff tastes disgusting! I enjure the taste of it to potenetiate valium.
GFJ & PST? 8)

Id love to get some dxm to potentiate opiates.
is it a TRUE potentiator or is it simply a combo?
off topic but do u know if it works with codeine too?

anyways Id end up getting bored & skulling the cough medicine & go robotripping lol
Rikodeine cough syrup is easy to drink. it takes like 10 mins to guzzle down that shit though. another horrible tasting endure just to get trippin.

Last edited:
I'm very suprised to hear that supermarket seeds are having some success, I thought they were washed near completely dry of goodies. I've had success with seeds purchased online before, but never bothered with supermarket ones - until now.

Lazy sunday afternoon and reading this I've decided to give it another crack, 400g worth of poo tea later and we'll see what happens. Little to no opiate tolerance currently. Will return with my verdict in a couple hours. Could it be that washing procedures arent being done as they were previously?

Edit::

T + 1 hour

We might be on a winner, defs some actives left in here. Pupil constirction, general feeling of relaxation and well being. Probably on par to the seeds I got online years ago (and that was before oxy dependance during a lenghty hospital stay).

I'll see how this pans out, but atm I'd say its my best choice for OTC opiates. As I'm a CYP2D6 poor metaboliser, so codiene straight out wont work. I find rikodeine a bit to harsh on the stomache to use recreationally, but PST seems to be doing alright. Win.

Last edited:
yeah im feeling better now than i did before having the tea. i had 800g though & i used to much water on the 2nd wash. the first i used sufficiant water & didint have to drink much of it. 2nd i used way to much water & couldnt stomach drinking all of it. especially after putting to much lemon juice in.

L3inad. did u use lemon juice. u can buy it in bottles its straight under where u get the poppy seeds lol. its used to put on fish & stuff. dont use to much though cuz ya have to drink it & it dont go well with the taste of poppy seeds.

yeah L3inad i had some Rikodeine the other day. the large bottle too. i felt good for an hr but than i got a bit of an upset stomach. had abit of diarrhea too which cant be good for ya.
its well above the recommended max daily intake of sorbitol according to wikipedia. It would be great if there was a procedure like cwe to remove the sorbitol though. dhc has no ceiling dose.
I read on wiki they were actually trying it out as a subsitute for methadone or something like that cuz its long acting. it would be a good opiate if u just had straight dhc
let us no

im gunna grab some more. wait till tommorow & this time when i dose im gunna use less water & not try to scull it.
cuz im feeling pretty good. mild morphine effect but i wasted some by throwing up a bit after i drank the 2nd wash.

I'll still do 800g but just drink it down ALOT slower.
the bottle method is shit imo also. I have a MASSIVE bowl that i put the seeds in. & put it through a strainer. u get much more water out than u would with the bottle.

let us no how it works out L3inad. 400g shouldnt make ya sick later on. When i had 1kg i got sick 8 hrs later. wait & see what happens. sometimes the nausea takes time to kick in

i might do a bit of research on PST try to figure out a range of approx how much morphine u get outta a kilo

have u seen http://www.poppyseedtea.org ?
someone overdosed on 3.5 pounds.that's 1.5855kg
..but read the coroner's report:
http://www.poppyseedtea.com/Coroner_report.html
seems he also had:
Zoloft, Xanax, Diphenhydramine, pot, hydrocodone & obviously codeine too in his system. so ummm yeah. obviosuly not just the the morphine from the PST
it did say the main cause was overdose of morphine
Overdoses of morphine can be lethal. The main cause of death for morphine overdose is pulmonary edema, where the lungs fill with fluid passed from the blood stream through the alveoli in the lungs. That was the case with our son.
I dunno if that sounds like a good way to go but dont they od seriously ill ppl on morphine sometimes as a form of euthanasia & u just peacefully fall asleep?

Last edited:
friend and I tried 250grams between us, ended up being sick and puking, destroyed the experience completely.
No more opiates or PST for us, it definately worked though, was a no-brand 500gram bag that worked great.

Not mine, or his thing though.

There's been so much glorification of opiates going on in AUDD, as well as social commentary added in. This wouldn't have been tolerated when I was a newer member and different moderators would have been wearing out their delete sticks.

I'm not complaining btw, just typing my thoughts for some reason. I hope those who are enjoying opiates now are aware of the dangerous road you are trekking.

^^yeah, well check this out about the varying strengths of PST
OverdoseIn 2003, a case of fatal overdose of poppy seed tea was reported on a website authored by the victim's parents. The site alleges that a sample of poppy seed tea was sent for laboratory analysis. This victim is reported to have used 3.5 lb of poppy seeds in his tea preparation as on several previous occasions. The concentration of morphine in the tea was shown to be around 250 μg/ml and the amount of morphine which had been consumed by the individual was around 500 mg.[1] This is about five times the lethal oral dose (without tolerance to opioids).[2]ABC News reported on the incident in January 2008.[3]

500mg of morphine in approx 1.6kg of PST 8o

Last edited:

500mg of morphine in approx 1.6g of PST 8o

That's ridiculous! I understand 1.6kg (I assume you meant kg, not grams) is alot, but even at a low amount, such as 300mg or even 150mg, that's a lot of morphine. Anyway, I tried this stuff out with 300mg and it seemed to work great. I squeezed natural lemons and used two tea-pots and filtered the water into my cup with a conveniently sized tea-filter. I wonder if there's any recipes out there to make it taste nice.

^ I'd say thats more like 3.5 lb of Pod tea, not seed tea if it did that. Potency does not vary any where near that greatly. But 1.6kg is a massive dose anyway.

-----------------

Earlier experiment with 400g of supermarket seeds, washed twice was fairly successfull. Nothing amazing but still fairly worthwhile for the price and effort put in. Not quite as strong (*by weight) as the last PST I made with seeds sourced online, but not far off either.

Anyway, I tried this stuff out with 300mg

I think you mean grams ;)

Last edited:
I read that years ago mate, I've been using opiates for a long time.

I am more concerned about addiction and tolerance than accidental overdoses from washed poppy seeds.

Edit: By the way, 500mg oral morphine would get me better and not much else, I'd love to have a low tolerance again. Listen to Busty and don't be a useless, self-absorbed and greedy piece of shit who doesn't deserve to live like me, save yourself the pain and lifetime of difficulty getting off this combination of bliss/pure evil drug and please don't use opiates too often.

I know I wouldn't have listened to this advice as I'd seen all those around me ruin their lives with opiates and I've walked the exact same path as those before me. When life gets you by the balls and fucks with you in ways you never thought possible, it's too easy to get yourself into that same position and no amount of friendly warnings, heart-felt advice or arrogant, discriminatory insults on a message board will help you. If my drunken ramblings help just 1 person to not go through the pain of what I consider to be a life long affliction (i.e. opiate addiction) that's 1 more than 0.

Last edited:

500mg of morphine in approx 1.6g of PST 8o

The coronor's report also showed Hydrocodone.
http://poppyseedtea.com/Coroner_report.html
Go down to ~page 3, he was filled with benzos and other opiods, THC and DPH.
That death is the one I see all around the internet, and on the poppy seed tea website, people seem to misout on all of the potentiaters he had in him.

It was not only related to PST, infact there are very few deaths (at least, reported) that deal with ONLY PST and can justify so.

^it came out in the report that he had xanax. the benzo/hydro combo is probably what did it. although they did say 500mg morphine. thats a fucking lot of morphine. can that be right?
yeah theres no way the 1.5kgs of Poppy seeds could contain 500mg of morphine these days. otherwise id be on like 300mg of the stuff or something today.
addiction to PST? really?
opi8-
it doesnt taste real nice & doesnt sit real well in ya stomach.
I use codeine regually so i sorta get what u mean. it's easy to drink & seems much cleaner with less side effects
even though it barely effects me now i still for some unknown reason feel the need to do it. habbit more than addiction. I could be wrong thou. i think there was a guy a few days ago who was hooked to em physically. I just think it would be pretty hard to get hooked on just PST. to many side effects

Last edited:
I think you mean grams ;)

Blast, you're right. I seem to get them mixed up a bit.

As for addiction, I could see potential for it being quite addictive. I haven't gotten too many side effects from it, but I usually just lie down on opiates.

opi8, i agree with you mate.
the way this thread is constantly being bumped - often needlessly - means that the word is definitely being spread far beyond what it needs to be. harm reduction is important - this is absolutely true, but all the talk about how much morph is on the seeds (wild speculation with no ability to be verified) seems really pointless to me.

the important stuff is already here.

i contributed my 2 cents to this thread many, many pages back, and i'm not going to re-answer the OP's questions that have already been discussed.
if you start a thread asking a question, maybe go back and read the responses?
there is a wealth of information here, but constantly bumping the thread does nothing but spread the word and jeopardise PST for everyone.
i went to both of my main bulk sources in the last week, and both of their bags were basically empty - i had to scrape the bottom of the barrel, so to speak.
to someone who relies on this to safely maintain my habit, it is in my personal HR interests that kids looking for a cheap buzz don't get it banned.

i feel that HR isn't about mainstreaming stuff. it's about making the information available should people wish to seek it out. i know this conversation has already been had, but i fail to see what HR benefits there are in discussing how much morphine is on the seeds. plenty of safety advice has already been given.

for those that want to discuss PST, may i suggest that a less regionally-specific sub-forum would have less local consequences?
i'm thinking this thread in particular - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/480294-Ultimate-Poppy-Pod-Seed-Tea-Mega-Merged-Thread-III

Anon I use between 500g to 1kg usually.

Yeah we should maybe think about closing/locking this thread. Its good to have another PST resource thread but its becoming masturbatory.

tomorrow marks three weeks without poppyseeds

i think i am still experiencing subtle wd's, sore muscles mainly, or maybe it because i have been a virtual insomniac and walking around my suburb aimlessly for hours at a time in the middle of the night

last night i had some speed and mdma and woke up craving poppyseeds, i resisted which i am happy about, although its been supplemented with a bottle of scotch

i feel sorry for the guy i used to buy them from, we developed a good relationship, i made some stupid story about my mum making cakes for markets around victoria and thats why i was buying almost 2 kilos a day off him, he probably thinks i am dead after not seeing me for 3 weeks after seeing me every day for about 2 years

congrats on making it 3 weeks.

I don't know if you meant it to be funny and I hope you don't take offence but I LOL'd about the guy you got the seeds from.

oh but for the confused shop keepers in my wake.

I don't know if you meant it to be funny and I hope you don't take offence but I LOL'd about the guy you got the seeds from.

oh but for the confused shop keepers in my wake.

Haha yeah I can definitely relate :)

Keep up the good work BN. Been going through wd's myself recently and the lack of sleep really does get to you...probably my least favourite part of withdrawal, at least if I could sleep I'd cut 7 hours out of the day where I'm not conscious.

(been coming off buprenorphine not PST)

tomorrow marks three weeks without poppyseeds

i think i am still experiencing subtle wd's, sore muscles mainly, or maybe it because i have been a virtual insomniac and walking around my suburb aimlessly for hours at a time in the middle of the night

last night i had some speed and mdma and woke up craving poppyseeds, i resisted which i am happy about, although its been supplemented with a bottle of scotch

i feel sorry for the guy i used to buy them from, we developed a good relationship, i made some stupid story about my mum making cakes for markets around victoria and thats why i was buying almost 2 kilos a day off him, he probably thinks i am dead after not seeing me for 3 weeks after seeing me every day for about 2 years

You never thought about reducing your PST to once a week? Lately Ive been enjoying a once-per-week PST sess to supplement about 600-700mg codeine and its been working great.

I think limiting to once a week is responsible and has minimal adverse side effects. Last year I was going about 3x per week and it started to really take it out of me. Part of that had to do with my life at the moment, only doing 15hrs work and studying fulltime... however Im finishing up my course online as its cheaper at the moment to live at home. So the temptation last year to get my Uni work done in the morning then duck out and get some seeds and have an arvo seed-sess was just too great. Tues, Thurs, Sat were my big seed days.

Enjoyable, but ultimately unsustainable and diminishing returns was what led me to man up and get some discipline happening. Plus you enjoy it more just doing it once a week anyway.

Just to digress a little, Im often surprised at the potency of our favourite off the shelf PS brand. Last saturday I whipped a batch for a saturday night sess and decided to pour myself 1 big glass in the morning, combined with 60mg codeine while playing some Skyrim. The sense of relaxation and semi-euphoria I felt from such a minimal dose of codeine + just the 1 glass of PST was most surprising.

Less is so often more. Clearly mindset and expectations played a part too... I wasnt expecting much so anything I did may be been exaggerated. But still, there was no denying the enjoyable couple hrs I had from that small dose.

yeah i was just happy to get an actual effect from the seeds. at 800g it was stronger than 400mg codeine. lasted alot longer but also had alot more side effects & had a mild hangover. made me nauseas too & gave me a little stomach discomfort.
im sure codeine is alot healthier, its cleaner cuz u dont have all the unwanted alkaloids. that's why i wont make PST a habbit but it did work well.
maybe i might just try it once more :)
dont use to much juice cuz it makes it taste worse btw & dont use to much water as it makes ya more nauseas the more u have to drink. & u should do atleast a 2nd wash of the seeds although it may add to the nausea (I think its more from the taste of the seeds than the opiates) even though it probably only gets slightly more opiates out.
3 washes is just asking for more nausea cuz of the taste & ya probably not getting tiny amounts more of the good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.