• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [POLL] Your Psychedelic Use: Spiritual or Recreational?

How would you characterize your use of psychedelics?

• Strictly recreational

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • Recreational, but open to spiritual use

Votes: 196 44.6%
  • Spiritual, but open to having fun

Votes: 206 46.9%
  • Strictly spiritual

Votes: 11 2.5%

• Total voters
^ I somewhat agree; LSD has always felt more recreational to me than mushrooms, which perplexes me in that, at least around here, mushrooms are far more mainstream than LSD among college students, etc. who are not really part of the broader psychedelic-using culture.

^ Yeah I never understood why mushrooms are more popular among college and high school students than acid. I think its because mushrooms are "natural" so people categorize it like marijuana in the sense that "its from the earth man, its all good", while LSD is viewed as a dangerous synthesized chemical that causes people to jump out of windows. Therei s more of a stigma attached to LSD while experienced psychedelic users know that a high dose mushroom trip can bring one to the gates of hell pretty quick in the wrong set/setting. Just my 2 cents.

peace.

It's also way way easier to grow/pick mushrooms than it is to synth LSD. So any college kids looking to make a little money can sell them with max profit.

But what is puzzling is that a highish dose of mushrooms can completely obliterate reality in a way that LSD just can't- or at least IME. You hear a lot of people find mushrooms to be much more daunting and confusing them LSD. Personally, I prefer mushrooms at semi-low-high doses ;) enough to warp reality, space and time but not remove it. DMT does that for me.

I know a lot of people who don't even take drugs as a rule that go to Amsterdam and dose up just because its the done thing. Its strange really....i guess its the availabilty and the shorter duration then LSD that makes me favour it.

^Definitely agree with the mushroom thing. I've taken approx. 500ug of LSD and been blown away, but on the other hand i've taken 8g dry of P.Subaeruginosa and have been obliterated for hours. Ego loss for the majority of the trip, following day spent picking up the pieces.

Mother nature sure knows how to fuck with the human consciousness!

=D

8g dry of P.Subaeruginosa

Um wowsers. I usually only dose 1-3 grams of subs, depending on where the whatsitis are going, but 8; yikes! :) Mushrooms seem to have that DMTish obliterative attitude to them I think.

Yeah dude. Ignorance can be deadly eh.

Earlier that day i had found my first BIG patch of Subs. Needless to say, 3 mates were called, shrooms were brewed with no idea of a suitable dose, so we each had 80 wet grams and needless to say, it was an interesting 8 hours.

I wouldn't venture that high again, but higher doses are so much easier to handle. Its the low doses where you are fighting with your ego that creates problems.

^Back that up please. Is all experience delusion, or just that mediated by drugs?

Immortal Teknique said:
Yeah dude. Ignorance can be deadly eh.

Earlier that day i had found my first BIG patch of Subs. Needless to say, 3 mates were called, shrooms were brewed with no idea of a suitable dose, so we each had 80 wet grams and needless to say, it was an interesting 8 hours.

I wouldn't venture that high again, but higher doses are so much easier to handle. Its the low doses where you are fighting with your ego that creates problems.

Yeah, subs are very strong IME. Usually 2g is enough for me; though as you say the lower the harder as its confusing trying to maintain an ego. I guess thats one of the problems with LSD; I've personally never experienced ego-loss or what-have-you with acid even at high doses- ~600ug give or take (high dose for me at least)- a lot of egoic confusing and transference, but not the complete wiping away that mushrooms can do, relatively easily. Plus, while mushrooms can have an awful body load, its less noticeable the more detached you are/higher the dose you've had, whereas with LSD physical effects become quite irritating at larger doses IME.

I do plan to try the 'heroic' mushroom dose, but I am quite tentative. :)

swilow said:
Yeah, subs are very strong IME. Usually 2g is enough for me; though as you say the lower the harder as its confusing trying to maintain an ego. I guess thats one of the problems with LSD; I've personally never experienced ego-loss or what-have-you with acid even at high doses- ~600ug give or take (high dose for me at least)- a lot of egoic confusing and transference, but not the complete wiping away that mushrooms can do, relatively easily. Plus, while mushrooms can have an awful body load, its less noticeable the more detached you are/higher the dose you've had, whereas with LSD physical effects become quite irritating at larger doses IME.

I do plan to try the 'heroic' mushroom dose, but I am quite tentative. :)

Completely agree dude. With acid, there always seems to be that 5% of me that still has a grip on whats going on. With mushrooms, its more like, get a comfortable seat and hold the fuck on, because there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it in the doses that i've had. When i used to eat mushrooms, 3.5g's was my average dose. I was extremely trashed, but still had a handle on things.....just :D!

That same 8 gram trip, my mate completely lost his shit, flipped out, tried to stab a friend, ripped all his clothes off, smashed 2 windows at my house etc, so i haven't dared to delve into the shroom world since then, but im feeling like i've finally gotten over the anxiety from it, so bring on shroom season!

You are in Melbourne yeah? Might be able to help you out with a patch or 2 in the case that you dont have your own ;)

This is a great thread. I voted for #2, but I would actually put myself between 2 and 3 on the scale offered by this poll. Most of all I agree with those who say that it's best not to have any specific expectations for where the experience will take you, and that one should not try to consciously manipulate it with intent. I use psychedelics simply because they can take me out of my normal way of looking at and thinking about the world, and I try to roll with the journey wherever it may take me. I used to approach psychedelics with the attitude of "doing" something with them, and that led me to much frustration. Now, I try to just be while on them. Of course, I still try to manipulate my environment to bring out certain aspects of the experience, but I try not to push my mind towards a given state.

^I've actually found on a few recent trips that I've almost gotten bored because I kept trying to propel them a certain way...For example, with a lowish dose of LSD I found I really wanted to WANT to make some tunes, yet I didn't really want to....I just felt it would a good time, open mind and ears etc. but it ended up being quite frustrating and pointless. Just sitting around and looking is enough of a weird trip for me.

Although I wouldn't say I trip in social settings moreso than by myself. It's probably a mix.

If I'm with people, I'm usually more concerned with what's going on around me, and talking to them, rather than doing some soul searching.

As I quite always take psychedelics alone, I'd say it's more a spiritual use.

spiritual but open to having fun

i like to have a good time while exploring my mind

Im not a psychedelic person, but the one time i tried acid was purely recreational, and i hated it.

The only other psych ive done was 5-Meo-Dmt, and it was because i was SO fucking curious, but so fucking scared lol. But after a bit of coaxing, i tried it and loved it. It was intended as recreational, but the few days after i had like an almost spiritual epiphany about all these things in the world. And im not a spiritual person, so this was weird yet a different angle i now thought about things. It wore off after a few days though.

^It seems that with shorter acting drugs like salvinorin-a, 5-Meo-DMT, or DMT that repeated exposure is needed to really "get" something from the experiences, something that lasts. For me, its been the ability to accept myself in these odd and very invasive states of mind....which has followed over into reality where I still get disturbing or worrying thoughts of doom an sadness, as we all do, but I don't battle them as hard.

swilow said:
^It seems that with shorter acting drugs like salvinorin-a, 5-Meo-DMT, or DMT that repeated exposure is needed to really "get" something from the experiences, something that lasts. For me, its been the ability to accept myself in these odd and very invasive states of mind....which has followed over into reality where I still get disturbing or worrying thoughts of doom an sadness, as we all do, but I don't battle them as hard.

For it to last, you have to make it a part of you / follow it

Definitely agree with swilow's last post. My first few experiences with salvia were more about acclimation than anything else, and it was only after I was used to the headspace that I could explore it and take things back.