• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police on lookout for new, dangerous designer drug (4-AcO-DMT? 4-HO-DMT?)

Coolio

Greenlighter
From http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=6428038&ClientType=Printable:

Police on lookout for new, dangerous designer drug

April 26, 2007 08:24 PM

Reporter: Drew Speier
New Media Producer: Rachel Chambliss

An off-duty Jasper police officer made an unusual and dangerous find while having lunch last month. That off-duty officer was at a Jasper restaurant when he noticed what he thought was drug deal taking place in the parking lot. He saw two men exchanging money and a plastic baggy with an unknown substance in it.

So, the officer called an on-duty officer to the scene. They arrested both men, both 19 years of age. One of the men is identified as Doug Maitlen, of Jasper. The other man arrested was Andrew Schmitt, also of Jasper.

The officers say the two men had more than three grams of an unknown white powder, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and almost $600 in cash. Both face several drug related charges.

Police later learned the white powder is an unusual and dangerous drug that has only been seen in Canada, Minnesota and Washington state. They also learned that it was purchased from China over the Internet and was shipped to Jasper. But they're concerned that small amounts of the drug may still be floating around in Jasper and Evansville.

It's a designer tryptamine type drug, described as a synthetic mushroom that has hallucinogenic qualities.

Police are warning parents to monitor what their children may be buying over the Internet. Many of these type drugs come from foreign countries that don't regulate their pharmaceuticals.

I find this article interesting, because I spent last night eating synthetic tryptamines with friends and this is the first time I've ever seen this type of research chemical receiving media attention.

Oh even better. I just remembered that I received an e-mail with a link to this article. The e-mail was a Google Alert on the keyword "tryptamine"... this alert hadn't been triggered in months, it was very very rare, and it shows up as soon as I get home while still feeling the effects of a tryptamine.

Coolio said:
Police later learned the white powder is an unusual and dangerous drug that has only been seen in Canada, Minnesota and Washington state. They also learned that it was purchased from China over the Internet and was shipped to Jasper. But they're concerned that small amounts of the drug may still be floating around in Jasper and Evansville.

Police later learned these two kids can't shut their mouths! Why the hell are they giving away such sensitive info to authorities? I'm not saying the DEA doesn't know about this, but we don't need another Operation Web Tryp. Could have lied about it - I would have.

Astavats said:
Police later learned these two kids can't shut their mouths! Why the hell are they giving away such sensitive info to authorities? I'm not saying the DEA doesn't know about this, but we don't need another Operation Web Tryp. Could have lied about it - I would have.

Have you ever been questioned by law enforcement?
DEA or FBI?

It's not as easy to lie as you think it might be...

Bastards >_<

^I know, but still! It goes beyond them - there are a lot of people who respect exotic psychedelics/research chemicals, and don't just play around with them. It's putting a bad image on them.

If it is Psilocin as Coolio suggested, three grams will go a long way!

No reported hospitalizations, no reported deaths, for all they know the substance causes you to look both ways before crossing the street.

Why do they keep saying it's dangerous, they don't know a goddamned thing about it? Oh, that's why...

It's not as easy to lie as you think it might be

Really , you just give a generic description of Joe Anyone, or say your terrified for your life or say nothing.

But that's with British law enforcers, so who knows, perhaps American Law enforcement is more coercive.

You have the right to remain silent...... use it!

Fuck. When will people learn that it's a lot easier for the prosecution to solidify their case against you when you go and confess to everything you did. If you don't tell them, they're forced to otherwise prove it, and that's not always easy.

Trogdor said:
You have the right to remain silent...... use it!

If you remember anything, remember that!

Keep your fucking mouth shut, all you want if questioned is your lawyer.

Jesus how hard is it? I've been arrested on a non-drugs charge and the cops kept trying to make small talk about my crime. I just stayed silent, you can too.

But then again these guys were doing a deal(or playing with their RCs) in public in a parking lot, how smart could they be?

So, what exactly does this mean?

I'd say that for one the means of shipping are now known as is the company that sold it and perhaps other companies that the busted kid has dealt with are also known. I'd say that customs will be looking for similar packages. I'd say that IF you receive your package from China, customs knows that you received your package and it's likely that some packages won't show up. I'd say it's likely that all packages shipped from the RC vendor to the US over the past few years are having inbound addresses cataloged and watched.

The only way I saw this topic was research for a hypothetical order. Guess that won't be happening.

If they new every rc package, no one would be getting any rc package, (legal or not).

You guys over estimate the abilities of US customs, upwards of 90% of orders from well known overseas pharmacies make it through.

Mod edit: Too much information, stick to the rules

Last edited by a moderator:
there are millions upon millions of packages going thru the mail daily.

Have your packages sent to different addresses every time and have the sender send a "different" return address from a different location.

also have the recievers info different than the actual reciver.

pretty simple.

The only way LE can stop this stuff is to hack into the vendors email and steal all the info.

I hope these kids get a life time ban on international orders - including Canada! =D

wArEhOuSePuNk said:
WTF??? 8( A synthetic mushroom , Lol. It was grown on astro-turf

Psilocybin (4-PO-DMT), or Psilocin (4-HO-DMT) are the main chemicals in "magic mushrooms" that make you trip. Since Psilocybin becomes Psilocin in vivo, chemist just make/sell Psilocin. Or it could be a synthetic relative, instead of a synthetic natural, as previously suggested - 4-AcO-DMT, among others.

Heyoka said:
The only way I saw this topic was research for a hypothetical order. Guess that won't be happening.
Once you learn the ropes you'll change your mind. Now get crackin'... :D

Kalash said:
Have you ever been questioned by law enforcement?
DEA or FBI?

It's not as easy to lie as you think it might be...

Bastards >_<

Im with you there they fuckin tear you to shreds i had 2 officers drill me for 6 hours after already being in custody for 7 hours, 3 hours of that was them drilling me at my house while raiding it.. i spilled my guts for them and they got me a treat for it, but yeh, cops are trained to interrigate you, you forget everything in the interview room.. if i had time over i would have just pretended i had tape on my mouth and not opened iot for ANYTHING

on_the_rise_5 said:
Im with you there they fuckin tear you to shreds i had 2 officers drill me for 6 hours after already being in custody for 7 hours, 3 hours of that was them drilling me at my house while raiding it.. i spilled my guts for them and they got me a treat for it, but yeh, cops are trained to interrigate you, you forget everything in the interview room.. if i had time over i would have just pretended i had tape on my mouth and not opened iot for ANYTHING

Amen to that.

"You're only helping your case by cooperating. I just called the prosecutor in this case... He knows you're helping out willingly and that counts for a lot."

The next day at the bail hearing, his recommendation for bail DOUBLED based on my cooperation.

You're not helping yourself.
Ever.

i agree.. when they say, "it'll be better on your part to cooperate with us" they're lying.. they say that to get you to feel better bout the situation and that you have someway for making it out somewhat ok.. but in reality you're helping those fucking no good cops look better..

fuck the police