• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Please post any negative side effects (or drawbacks) from kratom usage.

If you have a medical issue that is helped by it, then that's awesome.
I do and it does. Wish I woulda looked into it 30yrs ago. Could have (maybe) spared at lot of bullshit.
but being addicted to it sucks ass
Addictions suck ass in general. Focusing all we have on the addiction(s) takes so much from us. Sure... it gives escape (from all kindsa shit) but also brings with it some serious life issues at times. I say that I wouldn't change anything cause it made me who I am. This may be a lie: I would probably change a lot of things if the chance was offered. IDK.
"Repenting" sucks ass, too. :rolleyes: Fuckin' responsibility this, responsibility that gets on my last nerve at times. Legally I am single and can do whatever the fuck I want but "settling down" (even at my age) is abhorring to me. Time to eat cake, I say. F it. Maybe it will get easier. lol
I believe it does since it works great for pain.
MONSTER CBD doses
Yeah I hear ya. :need drugs:
I have discovered that eating weed and/or weed products do very little unless several hundred mgs are ingested (like 400-500mg thc). This goes for regular thc and synth thc (delta 8). At this dose the thc seems to help with pain.
I ate 500-700mg thc a day of d8 gummies (which were good) and several hundred mgs regular thc (not sure how much as I was basically doing shots with the tincture bottles) a day when I broke my leg. It was the only thing that would help the ache. The pains and shit was there but when it started aching it felt like the world was gonna end I swear. The thc (I think) made it less often as if I didn't dose a few bottles and gummy up the gummies the waves came more often and I did everything I could to stop that shit.
Have not tried much CBD... basically none. Maybe I should give it a try as I know it mingles with thc in weed nicely (most times) when we smoke and smoking is my favorite ROA for weed and it's products. Guess I am used to the "full spectrum" of flower.

I don't think I would take back trying drugs, because psychedelics really changed my life in a good way, and my experiences made me who I am in other ways too, and led me to meet a lot of wonderful people who I wouldn't trade for the world. But I would take back ever trying opiates in a heartbeat. Of course, I had to learn that lesson for myself, you don't get take-backs.

I do and it does. Wish I woulda looked into it 30yrs ago. Could have (maybe) spared at lot of bullshit.

Addictions suck ass in general. Focusing all we have on the addiction(s) takes so much from us. Sure... it gives escape (from all kindsa shit) but also brings with it some serious life issues at times. I say that I wouldn't change anything cause it made me who I am. This may be a lie: I would probably change a lot of things if the chance was offered. IDK.
"Repenting" sucks ass, too. :rolleyes: Fuckin' responsibility this, responsibility that gets on my last nerve at times. Legally I am single and can do whatever the fuck I want but "settling down" (even at my age) is abhorring to me. Time to eat cake, I say. F it. Maybe it will get easier. lol

Yeah I hear ya. :need drugs:
I have discovered that eating weed and/or weed products do very little unless several hundred mgs are ingested (like 400-500mg thc). This goes for regular thc and synth thc (delta 8). At this dose the thc seems to help with pain.
I ate 500-700mg thc a day of d8 gummies (which were good) and several hundred mgs regular thc (not sure how much as I was basically doing shots with the tincture bottles) a day when I broke my leg. It was the only thing that would help the ache. The pains and shit was there but when it started aching it felt like the world was gonna end I swear. The thc (I think) made it less often as if I didn't dose a few bottles and gummy up the gummies the waves came more often and I did everything I could to stop that shit.
Have not tried much CBD... basically none. Maybe I should give it a try as I know it mingles with thc in weed nicely (most times) when we smoke and smoking is my favorite ROA for weed and it's products. Guess I am used to the "full spectrum" of flower.
Good full spectrum cbd extract is my go to. Get a liter and it’s pennies per gram. My material is 89% cbd 3% thc, rest misc noids. A gram or two of that feels like a full body cortisol shot for two days afterwards.

I don't think I would take back trying drugs
Nossiree... I wouldnt either. Could not imagine being "trapped" in a straight-edge life.
I would not have taken my pain out on others. Just a very hurtful experience still. Always will, I imagine. I didn't know....
I was gonna ask how you still get so "stuck" on opioids when you actually despise the chain of it but I thought of benzos and how if I had a million grams I would undoubtedly be on them til it was all gone. Powerless over benz (namely alprazolam and like acting).
Peace

Just keeps getting better.
Ya'll gonna make me quit this stuff keep it up lol
Nah... I will use it as long as it is available. Up to now it still beats out the other options. After bloodwork is done i will reassess.
Nothing else really helps. I can get high on other meds but the pain is still there; I just kinda ignored it cause my head is feeling good. With kratom the high isn't there but neither is the pain.
Doc is throwing all kinds of shit at me and all i take is the steroidal anti inflamatory and muscle relaxer... and kratom. If i can get rid of the swellings a lot of the pain subsides. Golden.
How much kratom do you take daily?

How much kratom do you take daily?
At present, between 8-12 grams a day depending on discomfort levels. Taken in 2g doses at 3-5 hrs apart.
For what its worth, I quit the Rx-ed anti inflamatories (cept aleve once in a while) as they do fuck all. lol
Are you on kratom?
Best regards
peace

At present, between 8-12 grams a day depending on discomfort levels. Taken in 2g doses at 3-5 hrs apart.
For what its worth, I quit the Rx-ed anti inflamatories (cept aleve once in a while) as they do fuck all. lol
Are you on kratom?
Best regards
peace
I've been taking Kratom for a week. I'm trying it to help with my chronic pain. I'm taking 4g twice a day. I've noticed if I got below or above 4g, I feel irritable. Did you have a similar effect?

Higher doses (over 10g with no tolerance) are likely to cause severe nausea, unfocused vision, sweating, headache, nystagmus, and other symptoms that are likely to cause you to be bedridden for several hours until it wears off.

yep if i dose too often chasing that buzz it turns on me and those around me pay for it. lol
there really is no buz maybe a tad of euphoria at the right dose... for me anyway.
i keep the dose at 2g (presently) and dose about every hour til i feel a lift. thats when i gotta stop for 4 or 5 hours maybe the rest of the day/night. if i dose after the lift it starts to flip and angst or something takes over. whatever its uncomfortable so too many of those kinda taught me that there is indeed a ceiling effect going on. ymmv
peace and stay safe, yeah?
:)

i posted this over there but my dumb ass forgot about this thread. my bad.
thanks everyone it gives me some reading.
love

Kratom is short acting...and must redose often.that's could lead problems with tolerance.Like all medicines herbal or not has his own side effects,but using carefuly could have positive impact.Finding right dose is often not easy,different strains,different batches etc.Would like to have some trees by my home,if i was living in proper area

I am feeling a little wary at the moment as kratom doesn't cause any obvious downsides for me. I know that nothing can be all good so want to compare some negative effects that others may have noticed.
No citations needed this is just a test to see if I have just been ignoring the "bad" while chasing the "good"... you know; the junky stuntin.
Thanks for playing (or not).
Much love, fam.
I had a 14 month love affair with kratom and had to quit because I was losing all my hair and my tolerance was outrageous...now 7 months without and full head of hair!!!😁💇🌈

I have heard of a number of reports like yours of people having very toxic reactions to kratom... occasionally people seem to have profound liver issues and I have read another report (at least one) of hair loss like you said. However most people don't seem to have that. I've spent about 8 years of my life in total addicted to kratom, using it in very high doses every day, up to, at one point, 75 grams per day, and never had any sort of toxic reaction at all... liver is perfectly healthy, no hair loss, nothing like that. Of course being addicted to that level really sucks because you're basically always in withdrawal and the withdrawals are wretched.

Extreme bladder and urinary pain. Many brands are is full of high levels of toxic heavy metals which can cause brain damage. Probably due to pollution in the fields where it is grown in asia.

Vendors that claim to analyze their kratom will not detect these metals. Lcms is typically used to check for organic contaminants (fertilizers etc) but checking for toxic metals requires s0ecialized ICP-MS analysis which I guarantee they are not doing.

Last edited:
Extreme bladder and urinary pain. Many brands are is full of high levels of toxic heavy metals which can cause brain damage. Probably due to pollution in the fields where it is grown in asia.

Vendors that claim to analyze their kratom will not detect these metals. Lcms is typically used to check for organic contaminants (fertilizers etc) but checking for toxic metals requires s0ecialized ICP-MS analysis which I guarantee they are not doing.

Shit, I didn't realize that. Yet another reason to get off this shit ASAP...