• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin PLEASE Help me figure out how to get Black Tar Heroin back to being snortable.

QuinnMallory

Greenlighter
Lately, whenever I purchase some heroin, the only thing available is Black Tar Heroin. Now, when I first buy the sack it is hard enough for me to take chunks out and simply crush them in a dollar bill into powder to snort. I can do this usually for two different chunks, then the heroin which is in a ziplock and sealed, starts to become moldable and soft to the point it's just sticky and will not crush at all. I do not understand why when I first buy the sack I am able to crush the heroin and snort it then for some unknown reason it becomes uncrushable and soft. I have tried freezing it and it still stays too soft to crush into powder, the chunk simply flattens and sticks to the dollar bill. I keep the ziplock bag sealed at all times so I don't understand how the dealer can give me different sacks each time and it works fine at first for crushing, then simply becomes soft. He has no idea how to get it hard and says he doesn't do anything to make it that way, so I have no clue what to do to get it back to being solid enough to crush. I do not want to smoke it and I have tried dissolving it in water and spraying it in my nose, but it just does not seem like it works very well because it usually drips down my throat too fast. I just want to get it back to the way I had it when I first bought it.

Don't put it in an air tight bag, if you want it to stay brittle keep it exposed to open air.

Perhaps it is becoming soft from body heat, is it being kept in a pocket usually?

News flash: BTH is meant to be smoked or IV'd, not snorted. But if snorting tar gets you off for some reason, the best way to do it is called "waterlining" it, which basically means you put the tar into a small amount of water, dissolve it in that water until its just brown dirty water and you snort that. I would not recommend snorting chunks of tar rofl...

Caseface, I thought it would have been bodyheat too, but I've been keeping it in a freezer and away from any heat so it isn't that. Here's a news flash Rosetta Stoned, I haven't snorted any chunks of tar if you read my post you would know that I am able to crush it easily into powder when I first buy it and as I also wrote in my post I have dissolved it into water and sprayed it in my nose and that method does not work nearly as well as snorting the powder. Maybe you should read a post before replying to it with nothing meaningful.

Edit: Also Caseface, I don't think I should leave it open or out in the air because I think the moisture in the air or heat in the air would cause it to become soft as well.

Yeah I have seen a NUMBER of people discuss sniffing tar on bluelight, i don't know what he is talking about. He posted as if people choose what kind of heroin is available in the region they live...

Anyway, so when you first purchase some its brittle enough to sniff it, but then later the rest of your chunk becomes soft, the same chunk that was originally brittle?

BTH is the only thing available to me as well, it just seems somewhat ridiculous to snort tar, and waterlining is the most effective/easiest way to do it, its no less effective than snorting little bits of tar I can promise you.

And BTW the easier you can make it into the powder, the less pure it is, just so you know. My buddy picks up a lot of really potent tar and cuts it with a weak laxative and it turns more powdery with the more cut that is put in it. For example, the shit that you tried to crush that was just sticking to the bill was more than likely higher potency than the shit you can crush up. Just the fact that you can normally crush it up pretty easily and snort it should be a sign that you are getting some pretty weak dope, I would look elsewhere for h if i were you.

Tar is soft and malleable because it isn't dry.

Dry the tar and it should, in theory, be brittle and powder up nicely.

However none of this explains why he is buying it brittle and later it becomes soft.

u can dilute it in water and put drops in ur nose. in sf, i remember pppl mixing baking powder (not soda) and chopping it to be snortable. i did the liquid route for a while.

i've found that with tar, over time (like over a period of 12 or so hours upon opening a chunk of dope), it WILL get gooey-er and more malleable. not ALL the tar i've gotten, by any means, but certainly a good amount of it.

i've always attributed this (correctly, i think?) to the dope gradually drawing moisture from the air around it. and yes, the airtight container, blah blah, but you do have to open it to get some out from time to time, yes?

anyway, point being, we want the dope to not draw moisture from the air. if anything, we want to draw a little moisture from the dope, no?

so my idea (keep in mind, i've never had the motivation to try it, as i've always IV'ed my dope, so gooey-ness never mattered to me) is to use a tupperware container (or something of the like..) to store it in, as it sounds youve already been doing... and stick the dope in there in a corner. then you could stick a little bit of rice and maybe a saltine cracker in there with it to draw the moisture?

this theory is based on the similar "dont want my sugar/salt to draw moisture and clump up, so we'll throw some rice granules in the salt shaker, or a cracker in the sugar canister..."

again, havent tried it yet, as i've never had the occasion, but i dont see why something that works wonderfully for sugar, salt and other dry goods wouldnt work for keeping dope dry...

i suppose that would work just as well.

i instinctively opt for the more naturalistic way, though.

there are so many threads on this subject.
Honestly, I have found it is best to just IV tar heroin.

^^Quick question, where do you live on the "east coast USA" that has black tar? (im genuinely interested as I've never heard of anything other than Hcl powder.

Also, no offense, but tar heroin is one of the most unhealthy things to put in your veins. I'd rather IV unfiltered pills. Debates aside, the fact is that many people simply choose not to IV drugs.

4 years ago i had some rather potent loons.
Caroleanas.
Lotta mexicans. Lotta tar.
Dude just smoke that shit, bombest lean I ever had.
Though lotta my friends loved to bang it.

Edit: Go UNC! TAR HEELS!

like dude said up there^^ you gotta waterline it, that's the only way your putting up your nose... <snip>. *Lets put a saltine cracker in a tupperware container!!* [I don't think that is a good idea...]. Cook it up with water and snort the liquid, that's the only way.

Mod note- Please chill on the name-calling...

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer your question, it is heat and moisture that is turning your tar-ish stuff into actual tar. There is a lot of discussion of this type of tar that pretty much transitions to tar in a more moist and warm environment. Keeping dry and cool should prevent the tar from forming.

I don't have any personal experience with this so this is a summary of what I have read. Apparently, some of the stuff will literally go from the weird powder to tar by breathing on it or rolling between the fingers (the latter sounds like what you are experiencing...)

What I would do is dissolve a small amount in saline and snort it... Waterlining is what this practice is usually referred to as, though water itself will irritate the nasal membranes and so saline should be used...

thats interesting with the saline, ive never heard of that... learn something new everyday.... can you cook the saline+tar mixture? as i always cooked the dope before "waterlining" it

heres my method, old ass heroin heads taught me

Get a small container.

1-Put a decent amount of baking POWDER in the container, but not more then you are willing to snort.

2- but the tar up into chunks and throw it in there.

3-throw 2 or 3 pennies in there (copper helps break down the tar)

4- SHAKE LIKE HELL. I mean keep shaking until it is straight brown powder.

5-empty container out onto a piece of paper, and scrape the hella out of the container.

6-keep it in the open air, and snort away :D

Alright guys, well I tried putting a few pieces of uncooked rice in the bag with it and it didn't really help. I've also made sure to keep it in an air tight container and away from heat and moisture and still no go.

Now here's the kicker. The past two times I bought my bags of heroin, I didn't buy Black Tar Heroin (BTH), I ended up getting straight up brown powder. Now, when I first buy it, just like the BTH it is powder with a couple of hard rocks that I can break into powder. Then, after my second time of getting some of it out of the bag, as soon as I put it on the table or in a dollar bill to crush it, it starts to get sticky and starts to clump together and like turn into resin, but not quite as bad as the BTH but still sticky clumps.

Now, at first I thought maybe the table was too cold or something so I would heat up the surface slightly so it wasn't hot, but at least not cold to the touch. The house is not hot either, only 67 degrees so it isn't that either. When the heroin is inside the bag it is perfect powder, I can move it around and nothing clumps together. As soon as I take it out and try to make a line out of it, it starts turning sticky and clumping up. I've tried it on different surfaces, different dollar bills, different rooms, it just keeps doing it RIGHT AFTER I take it out of the bag and put it on a surface or in a dollar bill.

I just can't win, I finally got some heroin that wasn't BTH and now it's starting to do the same crap. I just don't understand it. I know everyone says to just IV it but I do not have the money to purchase a bunch online or to wait for them to arrive in the mail. I've tried several pharmacies around here and they keep denying me saying that it's against "Store Policy" without a prescription. I HATE smoking it because it is such a waste compared to snorting it or I guess IV'ing it.

I just don't understand why it's powder inside the bag and it clumps up as soon as it leaves it... :(

It has got to be that its drawing moisture from the air then, which there really isn't any way to solve. You could plug it, or you could take it sublingually (or between your cheek and gums if you generate too much saliva under your tongue and end up wasting some).

Otherwise you're either going to have to waterline it or IV it or smoke it, and if IV isn't an option even if you wanted to do it and smoking isn't an option either, then its either waterline, plug, or under tongue/cheek&gum.

Sorry bro. :(

What method did you use to smoke it? Especially if you were chasing off of foil with a straw it may have just been wasteful because of poor technique.

According to posters in this thread sublingual heroin is a waste of time as well, i wasn't aware. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=368425

Last edited: