• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

^^ Awesome post consumer, wow that brings back happy memories.

My first was a green Mitsubishi, August 1999. Beige Apples, Beige Domes, Rolexes followed.

I never had an XO but those were pills people saved for years and wouldn't part with for $100.

In Australia, 2001 to 2005 were the glory years. The Mitsis got stronger, the Durexes and Gaming Console based logos arrived and, as consumer has so appropriately reminded us, the continual floods of incredible Xscore pills, from the HQs to the Lightning Bolts, Hearts, Spades, went on a few years.

It was around this time that I was fortunate enough to be provided with ongoing reliable data as to the precise contents of many of the pills which all of us were then enjoying, many having been qualitatively analyzed by an Australian Government Laboratory should they have been seized by the police during a criminal investigation.

The strongest Mitsi I saw was a green one in about 2004 that had 140mg of MDMA and a little bit of MDEA (which I can assure you of the hundreds of MDXX pills tested, only came up about five times!) The HQs, which destroyed people routinely were anywhere from 110 to 140mg of MDMA. And the strongest pill I ever came across, a yellow panda, which by today's "standards" was a seemingly embarrassing 156mg of MDMA.

As for almost all of the Xscore pills save the HQs, they only ever tested between 110 and 130mg of MDMA, but this was always in conjunction with an unspecified amount of caffeine. In fact back in the day, caffeine was the most common "other drug" found together with the MDMA in quality "Ecstasy" pills; now surely taking caffeine with MDMA can't be the sole reason for these pills being as magical as they undoubtedly were, but maybe it's worth looking into further, as caffeine is virtually never seen in MDMA pills anymore.

I accept this discussion has been done to death and people will continue to steadfastly line up in the various opposing camps, firm and unwavering in their views, but when those of us who have enjoyed the sorts of pills which consumer has displayed above, actually consider their experiences in the context of the "modest" amount of MDMA that these pills actually contained, as compared with the ridiculously massive doses that are now an industry standard; you cannot tell me that the MDMA which was pressed into pills from the glory days, is not in some way different to much of the MDMA being used today.

The memories of those who experienced these "glory" years are of course highly subjective and inevitably influenced by the passage of time; however, the maths is anything but and to put it simply, the figures don't lie.

Those yellow XO's were easily the best pills I and all my friends ever came across. I first had them in Adelaide at a Portishead concert. I was just blown away. I was cashed up at the time and bought 50 for personal use for myself and my wife. We had numerous nights together and with friends and it was uncanny. They would always hit 45 min after dropping and were the most beautiful loved up mdma i have ever had. Then years later when i was living in Byron Bay a mate rang me and said he had these amazing pills. I asked what they were...he said yellow hugs and kisses. I was like wtf and in the car 30 min later with the wifes blessing despite it being our wedding anniversary. I grabbed a fairly large amount of them with the intention of offloading them but in the end imaybe sold a dozen and a few hundred were made personal. We had so many spur of the moment parties on those things. They are legendary amongst the old crew in Byron who got to indulge with us. People still talk about them. I dont doubt people wouldn't part with them for $100.
I think the HQ's were probably the same strength as the rest. I remember a dude called Cookie Monster posting bags with maybe 1000 of each of the varieties on pill reports. No doubt in my mind the mdma back then is different to today.

Glad that post brought back some memories Biscuit. Shame our English friends didn't get to sample the xo's or x press pills

Anyone remember 'riddlers' aka '?'s they were cool lil pills, very tame by todays monstrosities and £15 each in 95, i rem my mate getting 10 or so on tick so he could havea couple of free riddlers. Dude sat on them almost as soon as we got in to our wee club of 40/50 strong ravedogs, turning them all to dodgy dust - pretty awkward sales pitch while the cowd went insane for LFO. But he was shocking bad at anything to do with pro-curing, managing or turing even the most humble coin were drugs were concerned. He once stuck his Mum's PMT 10 spot money into a Boss Hogg frutiy. Poor dude decided he had to run away - only to be returned to his psychotic mother who whipped with an exention cord till surise (he showed us the bruises)- This was a young man failed by the system - fucked if I know which system though.

With regards to the argument that MDMA was better in the 90's, I remember that Channel 4 live documentary with professor Nut where loads of people took 83mg of pharmaceutical grade MDMA and Keith Allen couldn't even properly come up on it, saying he popped a few pills in his youth and his tolerance would never return to what it was. Many of those good 90's pills had 80 to 100mg of mandy in them, lending me to believe it's all down to set, circumstances and our fried brain cells.

Just been looking at some of the early posts in this thread and I notice that Pink Calis are fondly remembered. They are also one of my all time favourites and I've had nothing like them before or since, so for that reason I'm fairly positive they weren't straight MDMA. Does anyone know what the hell was in those little fuckers, cos I want more!

Just been looking at some of the early posts in this thread and I notice that Pink Calis are fondly remembered. They are also one of my all time favourites and I've had nothing like them before or since, so for that reason I'm fairly positive they weren't straight MDMA. Does anyone know what the hell was in those little fuckers, cos I want more!

I had those..they came in with plain white tabs called New Yorkers maybe 94, 95. Does that sound right? I think they were mda. New Yorkers were mdma

I had those..they came in with plain white tabs called New Yorkers maybe 94, 95. Does that sound right? I think they were mda. New Yorkers were mdma

Dunno mate. It was around 2000 that I had them. They were relatively small, pink (obviously :) ), classic pill shape with no stamp. Really trippy little fuckers. I was getting them for £2 each so used to buy them in bags of 20 and just hand them out to mates. I've always wondered if they were MDA or not...

Dunno mate. It was around 2000 that I had them. They were relatively small, pink (obviously :) ), classic pill shape with no stamp. Really trippy little fuckers. I was getting them for £2 each so used to buy them in bags of 20 and just hand them out to mates. I've always wondered if they were MDA or not...

Different pills then. We had a batch of unmarked pills all called cali or new yorkers for a time. There was a pink batch and they were that trippy mda high

Pills have been fine albeit getting weaker) up to about March this year for me. Not sure where people get the "2004 was my last good pill" thing from, ther has been no shortage of beans, and as the perice is so ridiculously low why is it an issue, pills were always £10 up to about 1998 and until the recent shortage, you still got more MDMA per £ buying say 4 x 70MG bad boys vs 1 x 150MG for £10.
After 9/11, things changed drastically.
So, guessing that what was left from 2001 eventually dried out until 2003.

Black Bombers (Durophet). Dexamphetamine on an ion exchange resin. 2 x 30mg ones and it was 24 hours of talking at people until they're begging for mercy, for you to stop.
Ah, drug nostalgia!

If they are the ones I remember , they felt like mostly MDMA, with some meth added (silly overactive compared with pure MDMA). Only thing I remember...

Also, does anyone have a link to the contents of the blue PS2 pills from around 2003?

If they are the ones I remember , they felt like mostly MDMA, with some meth added (silly overactive compared with pure MDMA). Only thing I remember...

I dunno mate. The ones I got were like a psilocybin trip with absolutely no headfuck and the push of good MDMA. For example, I was sat in a pub with some mates and when I looked at their faces, they erupted with miniature versions of their faces all over, and these miniature versions erupted into even smaller faces ad infinitum, like fractals. This is something I commonly used to experience on mushrooms. Then when I looked at the bar with its array of coloured lights overhead, I was suddenly transported to a Caribbean beach watching the sunset. This was quite an immersive state, but I could easily snap out of it to be totally in control of the situation. It was pretty much my perfect drug experience.

I dunno mate. The ones I got were like a psilocybin trip with absolutely no headfuck and the push of good MDMA. For example, I was sat in a pub with some mates and when I looked at their faces, they erupted with miniature versions of their faces all over, and these miniature versions erupted into even smaller faces ad infinitum, like fractals. This is something I commonly used to experience on mushrooms. Then when I looked at the bar with its array of coloured lights overhead, I was suddenly transported to a Caribbean beach watching the sunset. This was quite an immersive state, but I could easily snap out of it to be totally in control of the situation. It was pretty much my perfect drug experience.
MDA/MDMA combo perhaps? vivid hallucinations are crazy on MDA and MDMA, seeing science room tables and chairs on a forest path kinda shit lol

MDA/MDMA combo perhaps? vivid hallucinations are crazy on MDA and MDMA, seeing science room tables and chairs on a forest path kinda shit lol

Yeh, that seems to be the most obvious answer. But having never knowingly taken MDA it's hard to say.

Not even ChatGPT has the answer to a very subjective question xd could be anything.
Somebody mentioned on here the blue were MDA and another colour was MDMA. The blue I had were 100% not MDA. Just curious if any lab results were about, I have been unable to find any myself.