• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

IMG-2949-1.jpg

thanks, @Zopiclone bandit. always means much coming from another talented photographer. thrilled to see you posting your work again. love the sun-hit condensed water (ice?) on glass on your recent shoot. looks like mandarin at certain points in the photo..

Last edited:
I've lost my "skill" well that's assuming I ever had any to start with. The last big habit I had stopped me going out & I find like Kung Fu for example you need to keep it up & practice several times a week or you loose that "edge" & ive only just started to pick up a camera again.

Your stuff always has a "Crime Noir" feeling to it, the photos could be used in a Takeshi Kitan AKA Beat Takeshi movie without question, a feeling of unease in a desolated city comes over you.

Going on a hunch here but you ever been into urban exploration?

^of couse. or do you want shots inside buildings? i have those too. smashed glass doors in the basement of abandoned urban rec centers three floors underground on some roll of film. somewhere. at this point in life i have thousands if not tens of thousands of unscanned negatives. though i'm pretty sure the photo i alluded to above is scanned but unedited on some hard drive. by the time i die it will be hundreds of thousands of negatives and positives. hopefully i get around to scanning most of them, as i don't want anyone else fucking with such an integral step. not that anyone one would. all art will be lost. much without having ever being seen.

FV0Qb0X.jpg

you haven't lost your edge. post more.

Last edited:
my favorite flower, plumeria. anna flowers. i have some growing from seeds and gave away many seedlings. they take years to bloom if not started from a cutting. the best smelling flower in the world. until mine bloom all i’ve seen is photos.

did you take this photo?

hoping to replace this monster ....
image1.jpeg

with this ...

AEDB6B19-5ACC-47E7-97EF-C13B8C797D8F.jpeg

if i can get the auto film advance to work and the lens is as good.

size difference might not be clear from phone photos but that canon is 1.5x as big and oddly shapped.

canon vs fuji

Last edited:
my favorite flower, plumeria. anna flowers. i have some growing from seeds and gave away many seedlings. they take years to bloom if not started from a cutting. the best smelling flower in the world. until mine bloom all i’ve seen is photos.

did you take this photo?
Very Nice @hydroazuanacaine

I found that on the website with others that were awesome.

I have taken photo's of those before though. ☹ Or similar.
Thank You 💙
You do so good and very talented also !!

did you smell them when you took photos?

concerning that fuji zoom. film is a little hard to get the auto loader to take up but works once you get the feel of exactly how much lead to give it. film does not advance full frame each shutter release. very much a toycam. finished first roll with it tonight. taking in for development tomorrow. is on sale everywhere but ebay.

today’s photo “Parents” ...
F6985DF5-3BC2-4E2D-8BE1-00A390352D49.jpeg

ilford resuable / kentmere pan 400 35mm / fuji frontier scanner

covid has forced me to focus photography on family. not a bad subject.

I just got a macro lens for my Nikon 3200D, I played with it and that thing can focus insanely close up! Very happy with it! I'll post some pictures when I get out to do some photography. I love macrophotography, my favorite is photographing tiny things to suggest the viewer is sized to the object's scale.

I just got a macro lens for my Nikon 3200D, I played with it and that thing can focus insanely close up! Very happy with it! I'll post some pictures when I get out to do some photography. I love macrophotography, my favorite is photographing tiny things to suggest the viewer is sized to the object's scale.
Macro lens for christmas? 😀 What thing you got? Just did a (macro) session two days ago (ice crystals ❄️); wow, thought I was going to lose some fingers to frostbite. 🥶 For the unlikely case I experience a burst of wealth one day, I already know in what glass I would invest (thanx to my inclination for window shopping), but till then I'm going to practice some patience and put the stuff I got to good use.

I am trying to remember the model number, it was like $300 I think. Yep, for Christmas. :)

^of couse. or do you want shots inside buildings? i have those too. smashed glass doors in the basement of abandoned urban rec centers three floors underground on some roll of film. somewhere. at this point in life i have thousands if not tens of thousands of unscanned negatives. though i'm pretty sure the photo i alluded to above is scanned but unedited on some hard drive. by the time i die it will be hundreds of thousands of negatives and positives. hopefully i get around to scanning most of them, as i don't want anyone else fucking with such an integral step. not that anyone one would. all art will be lost. much without having ever being seen.

FV0Qb0X.jpg

you haven't lost your edge. post more.

That's such an amazing photo imho, my taste in photography has always been towards black & white stuff like what Daido Moriyama does & that shot is 100/% up my street, it's perfect.

Do you have an account online just for your photography?