• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

shit that lagoon looks awesome! how's that beach? looks nice and private, i would get hella sunburned there

shit that lagoon looks awesome! how's that beach? looks nice and private, i would get hella sunburned there
It’s a secret spot, well off the beaten track and one i spend a lot of time in summer at. There’s lots of little islands and I SUP around them. The little cottage in the first pic is one on an island.

This is another favourite beach. At the far end there is a sea cave you can swim through, when you’re exiting and the sun is hitting the water the colour is amazing. There’s also a waterfall near the exit which usually isn’t high flow unless there’s been rain. Ireland has many gems.

Went on a hike today... I love where I live. :)

SloS9dc.jpg

ksJhqpx.jpg

3MSnhv8.jpg

CTTkX77.jpg

GD2TJbV.jpg

I took some pictures of woods exploration of the woods behind my detox cabin. I put some others in the current photo contest.

eVpqRBJ.jpg

These are some weird fungus I have never seen before, what looks like red fish eggs in slime, and these bulb growing out the top that spit a cloud of spores when you touch them. So weird, I've never seen these anywhere before.

PQt7pVg.jpg

Here's a fungus that looks like a flower.

xMRVlLth.jpg

Just a really cool tree and vine situation

PHm7PMph.jpg

nice shroom, Xorkoth.

realized my photogrpahy plan includes some basic version of premiere call premiere rush. good by imovie (hopefully). in a dream, it's better than premiere elements.

i miss premiere pro and media encoder (the only way to truly crop a video file) most from when abobe had awesome student pricing for the full creative suite (used to be $9.99 a month, then was $19.99 a month, now is $19.99 a month for first year and then $29.99 a month after that even if you can still fake your student status). for a while i had i job where i could stay after and use media encoder on my own time. that job is gone.

I've been into photography on and off for several years but decided to really commit to it last April. Picked up an old, used Canon 7D with a couple of lenses. I was completely hooked! I went out shooting at least a couple times a week. It was better than my cell phone (lol) but it was a 9 year old camera and I had some issues with it. Nonetheless, I became very passionate about photography and have been working to get better ever since,

After some unfortunate circumstances occurred in my life (my mom passed away suddenly in the fall), I had the means to upgrade my equipment so I decided to go whole hog because I could. I picked up a Sony A7III, and have also (over the last few months) acquired the three Tamron f/2.8 zoom lenses: 17-28, 28-75, 70-180. The upgrade was significant and has subsequently elevated the quality of my photography (as well as my enthusiasm for it).

I'm arguably still a total amateur but I am doing my best to get better in both my compositions and post-processing. Anyway, here's a recent-ish pic from a walk in one of the local parks.

f/3.2 | 1/160 sec shutter speed | 180mm focal length | ISO 160

xMBSwCwJZhgVYT6Z3GbMDdITsYo9bxS-X9dCOMX2yOPacRqr-V3kxsYIpY91mjldzLvakIYHt9LSTmE1HVX6j_opp_Ul_C_U8ZjlANa_y9KEJgWprOHOizLRt0dl19fuMfTXGYloqTGdihuraU44BZV1JEg5LZi32AEwjyMyXKsMxb54E_7cJW-p0UxdQkQuB8pE2UHFIRSFtzwjaFVcB8qkbgHwbUTJUx0l-GN-o_HfG-sFrgrXBOV0ueme1bPsqyT0cmETYRY5Yw2ZKiuFo5BS5GmuS5tFGxsAW9VYU9S50sm_I3NPSwYUW4e8c2Zr2GdBrfEvDOq6L0KXxJXUI9cmkoyMCua0hcvB1laLtwYboyQ1V2wrENvEW_VEbQYmQ9rytcKcwumPsmJI60p8kfUNIcHPtOy3pyodlNfYw5H2Jz6lkXvX12fBjUl6qFHZn2i6brxH1dQcIWIOysaxadygZB1ju5TO-VR_DP0ptMHOaolgUm8mb3eMvor-7lE6YOE-LEvsy5t4HuVGopCHseNhTquPRCfgD4goiszYpbZYGnFkZSO1WyseboW7Bi2-lDiP9zMkDGSi9u5zhYljmXvZbjc0ULg2EaHhtcRT9AQ7Jo9t8eiuDnR6q-bkFTEbw1IZEVZTsWsIH4l8H-IBaQ01uwlcQ6IYWasHP3Op0ueabEuharqvlk3xFdbpcw=w1560-h1040-no

I really enjoy taking photos of water. I use my Nikon 3200D and set the exposure time to extremely short. These pictures are of a tiny waterfall about 6 inches tall, and capturing the splash:

P1hqD6n.jpg

xuR7xr0.jpg

This one is a photo of a glass of water, as I stomped on the deck to vibrate it:

Z6lRZcN.jpg

This one is a bowl of water set on top of some paintings I did on a block of wood. The water is tapped with a straw and photos are taken through the moving water:

xso8jiO.jpg

This one is from my iPhone, using the "Noir" filtetr which is a very dramatic black and white setting. The photo is of a beautiful blue sky with wispy clouds on a sunny day, looking up with some tree branches framing it. The result looks dark and dramatic, basically the opposite of how it looked to my eye. I really like the juxtaposition.

tKyp9EM.jpg

A nice spider pic with a soft blurred background:

wyKGXIy.jpg

This was a photo I took where I focused on some pine needles that were very close to the camera, so it put the background out of focus and made a really interesting effect:

IKirZmT.jpg

A wild lily that captured the sunlight and was glowing like a lantern:

NQh1e4v.jpg

A tiny little red mite, peeking over a vast chasm (from its perspective at least):

MXnkHPc.jpg

I love the water shots! Water is so amazing and a great subject. The spider...well, I scrolled past that.

Hope it's cool if I posted another one and/or share thoughts. I was initially only interested in shooting landscapes but living in the city with no car, I gradually grew a lot of cityscapes too (not street photography, as such). Thankfully Vancouver's got more than a fair share of beautiful views and photographing the city has actually given me a greater appreciation for just how beautiful it is here. I grew up elsewhere and had never seen a mountain in person before the age of 24. Seeing the mountains every day has never stopped filling me with awe and I find them equal parts magnificent and majority. I love light and colour but can't paint or draw (I can barely cut a straight line, lol) but photography's been a good fit. It feels like it uses both my logical and creative parts and satisfies me the same way that playing music does. I'm not aiming for photorealism, though I respect those who pursue that; not am I aiming for something surreal. I like to strike a balance somewhere between how it looked and how it made me feel. Anyway, speaking of mountains (might look a bit blurry condensed, click for full res).

ƒ/7.1 | 1/160 | 115mm | ISO160 | multi image panoramic stitched together in post

ACtC-3e8119s1cSzGr4_beI-8Rgxd_BWkzuCypRRtUjkxjxb4FTNnMvIJS2PDf7PTG9cB2sD9afzIHj_VX2WcBzNoC2tRLFhaC7hyW2tKpw5AglPz6Qj_TGr5sY9LML4KF8J2xnRAEedbWNnrPheH3hVNr45lQ=w3480-h1014-no

Post as many as you want and share as many thoughts as you want!

Here are some photos of my recent detox cabin retreat month. I have a ton more but haven;t brought the rest over yet:

cGNJwwfh.jpg

pyRmrkuh.jpg

The below is a trick using the Noir filter on my phone, and aiming at the sun. It looks like a super-exposed mioonlight picture.
Gv3n7KKh.jpg

1TmVRPjh.jpg

Mushrooms growing in a hollow of an old growth tree
t6eeCTqh.jpg

s0dbbqih.jpg

PhSNRsGh.jpg

eVpqRBJh.jpg

These are this weird fungus I have never seen except in this one little cpove where the cabin was, it looks like fish eggs in goop that grows these puffy spore-filled sacks that spew white spores when touched:
PQt7pVgh.jpg