• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pholcodine (in cough syrup)

I decided that to give Pholcodine a try....So yeah, this substance is devoid of recreational use. It may help withdrawals, probably would be great for cough or diarrhea

S-Haze pretty much said it all.

It does still get metabolised via the same metabolic pathway. Most of the drug is metabolised via the Phase II conguation pathway to morphine (very little). It has very little addictive properties due to it's MOA (not effecting the mesolimbic pathways, etc.) although it is centrally acting. All my current sources (people online, peer-reviewed journals, textbooks, etc) adhere to all this.

As far as the sedative effects; no greater than a second gen. anti-histamine imo. :\ Each to their own I guess.

Form the information I can gather, it's not a very good anti-tussive anyway. I'd be asking for DXM (for it's intended indication!)

Yes, it does seem to have helped with my cough, which is nice. ....I wonder if it has any notable interactions with anything - DXM, codeine, doxylamine.....

(I know you didn't say it but) All these three aren't really comparable - other than from an end point. All 3 have complete different MOA.

.....Same source claims it is the only opiate the Olympics committee allow athletes to use, found that info on another forum though so don't take it as gospel.

That's surprising (and like you said, I don't take it as fact) considering it's metabolic pathway produced morphine in the urine.

Last edited:
go get rikodeine if you want a better than DXM otc couch syrup. 200ml bottle is about the cost of a packet of cigarettes and has i think from memory 400mg dihydrocodeine in it (AND LOTS OF SORBITOL to make you shit yourself lol)

at the height of my opiate problem cause i was cashed up and had no regular H guy, I'd buy nurofen plus or panadeine extra (generics or w/e), NOT ASPIRIN, and then I'd go get 1 or 2 or 3 bottles of 400mg rikodeine, yeah so . over 200mg of morphine except 1-1.5g codeine is not that comfortable histamine wise, omg itch. Dihydrocodeine i'd take all day.

But yeah i have bronchitis atm and i'm on the best cough SYRUP that you can get at the chemist, 80mg methadone. and i still cough. It actually gave me bronchitis because i couldnt cough up mucus

Curious as to wether anyone's used this stuff to help deal with opiate withdrawals?

Not getting my hopes up.