• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut

Quickfixgrrl

Bluelighter
Phenibut....
Based on what I've read on bluelight..
I want some. I need some.

Admittedly, I am completely naive and clueless regarding this.
I have questions!
I can't seem to get my answers via Google.......
What is Pheibut exactly?
Should I purchase pill or powder form?
How much do I take?
Will it affect my daily doses of Lyrica? *gaba gaba gaba! ?
TIA!!!

*I have anxiety, addiction, major depressive disorder and am battling alcohol and prescription pills...

Last edited:
I'll be trying some phenibut around 4pm today for the first time (aside from the sleepwalker shot and cap I had the other day). I'm going to take 1g, but only because I had the sleepwalker shot and know that I'm not hypersensitive to it. If I hadn't taken it before I would start off with 250mg and see where that takes you before dosing more. I'll let you know how my experience is today with pure phenibut!

Mr. Deeds

Phenibut is a gabapentinoid like lyrica, and has some overlapping mechanism of action. It is a calcium channel blocker and GABA-B agonist.

Can't in good conscience recommend the combination. Hadn't you wanted to get off lyrica?

It will increase your tolerance to lyrica, and have additive effects.

I got on phenibut after quiting high doses (900mg/day) of lyrica (which I quit using gabapentin), and after 2 months of sleeping exceptionally little, I gave up and got some phenibut. It was a mistake. Now on 3.8g of phenibut for a few years, thinking of getting some baclofen and doing a quick taper. (Haven't decided if the quick baclofen assisted taper is a good idea.)

I have heard of the horror stories of phenibut WD. I only got myself 15g to make sure I don't end up in that situation. I havent had such a good sleep in years though until I had that shot of caffeine/phenibut. I figured I would see if I got the same results with the pure stuff. I'll be limiting my use to 2x a week max or just when I cannot get to sleep with my other medications and meditations I use. How long did it take for you to notice WD symptoms? Since you were already on gabapentinoids I guess you cant answer that with 100% accuracy though.

Aminophenylbutyric acid
it's russian space dust, bro!
if you gonna do it get the powder: it is more economical... but have on hand a mg scale. from experience it does no good guessing doses with this stuff. If one can control usage one can get some decent effects from it.
not sure how to suggest dosing with lyrica but have done it (i think lol) just be careful of timing the doses if cocktailed. One wouldn't wanna expect to ride in bug and get hit by a truck. ;)

Just took 750mg (3x 250mg caps, I didn't want to have to measure my doses). Hopefully within 2hrs I'll have a decent effect going on.

I always enjoyed it around the 1.5 gram range without tolerance. But ive twice become addicted to it and stayed on a year or so. The withdrawal sucks, very similar to Benzo withdrawal. But if you just take the stuff once in awhile its great. It's not an in your face sort of high it juat makes the day much better and erases anxiety. Good to use in social situations if your not into alcohol.

It's kinda hard on my stomach the HCL that is so i dont use it often anymore. Ordered some of the FAA a few months back to give a try and they sent the wrong one. So i have yet to give it a try, supposedly it works sublingually and is 3 times as potent. Id just spit the stuff out after 10 minutes.

I took some about 2.5hrs ago, not feeling that much. Gonna double down I guess. A little disappointed.

You can take more, it takes 4-6 hours to peak. Spiltting the dose is a common practice. People need more sometimes dosage is erratic and varies drastically from person to person. Some people need 3-4 grams without tolerance but its best to work up slow. When you take too much it makes you dizzy with nausea, the hangover from that is brutal. But if you dose it right the next day you will actually feel better than normal.

So the staggering method is pretty useful huh? Weird that gabapentin is another one where staggering makes effects better. But is phenibut staggering due to increased BA like gabapentin or is it just commonly used that way?

You have got my attention and I shall now dispense my wisdom on the subject, as an avid user over the years ?. Only joking but it is a love of mine.

It was originally synthesised for Russian Cosmonauts for if they experienced either a terrifying encounter at launch or return in the Soyuz capsule (now used exclusively to transport all astronauts, to and from the ISS. This in of itself means it has to be effective. Simply Gaba with a tweaked molecular structure to cross the BBB.

It is fantastic when used correctly and with respect. The greatest social anxiety compound I have ever had the priviedge to come across. Enough of the grandeur for you lol. It is a gabapentoid but very more pronounced in its metabolism, sociability and sleep properties I find.

Start low around 500mg I would recommend, give it 3-4 hours and you will know if it is for you or not. Powder is as suggested above, much more economical, and try to avoid alcohol as you may regret the combo. I am currently using Flurophenibut which is approximately 5 x as potent but same effects.

Feel free to ask me anything I have missed and you are needing to know.

Well the powder was removed from the caps and I drank it with some water. Those sleepwalker shots felt much more potent but I have no clue of gauging how much phenibut was in them. I have taken a total of 1.5g so I guess I'll see how I feel tonight. It was excellent (the best really) for sleep.

It is very surprising isn’t it @Mr.Deeds the worst insomniacs are out to rest with this magical compound lol. Try the thing that would make you the most anxious e.g public presentation etc, and scratch your head some more, when it goes swimmingly.

P.S This May be a bold claim, but the parietal lobe music appreciation is on par with MDMA.

Thanks all for your replies.
Yes, @negrogesic I am tapering my Pregabalin use (although I still find myself going way overboard with it on the odd occasion), so it looks like this stuff wouldn't be for me.

Feeling pretty calm at 1.5g, although I dont know whether I'm feeling the first dose or second dose. I'll have to try this again in a few days and compare results.

I like Phenibut, but you have to be VERY careful not to get addicted.

I have been using a bit more lately, like 3 days a week, and I know that's too much but I have still never experienced WD, which may possibly be because I take Klonopin, but I doubt that would help if I really over did it.

They say on the tub not to take more than 4,000mgs a week, but my rule has been no more than 8,000mgs, which I have broken before, but I've never taken more than 10,500 in a week or more than 3 seperate days in a week.

If you get into a thing of taking it 4 or more days a week...and honestly even 3 is pushing it, especially in a row, you are asking for trouble.

I know how my body responds to it, and I've used F-Phenibut a lot which is much stronger too, so I know I would know if I was experiencing any WD and IMMEDIATELY stop, but it is certainly the most addictive substance I've used by most people's reports.

I like higher doses and would say that if I don't care about how I feel the next day then 3,400 is my highest sweet spot, but that makes it hard to wake up.

On the other hand, if I dose between around 2,400---2,950mgs then it actually helps me sleep well and feel more rested off of less sleep.

Just beware that it is extremely addictive and do not get into using it even semi-regularly or you will pay for it.

From the threads I have read about it I believe I am too scared of the WD to actually get to the point of experiencing it, and if I even thought I had experienced any then I'd IMMEDIATELY throw it out.

I used it for the first time about 3 years ago and have also used F-Phenibut more times than I can count and never got WD, so I know that if I never do more than I have in the past then I should be ok, but it's something to be VERY careful with.

Feeling pretty calm at 1.5g, although I dont know whether I'm feeling the first dose or second dose. I'll have to try this again in a few days and compare results.

Seeing as this is your first time I don't know if you know that Phenibut lasts A LONG TIME, not as long as F-Phenibut, but a long time, and it also take me about an hour and 15 minutes for a dose to kick in, but there are times I've not felt it for 2 hours, so you don't want to jump the gun and re-dose unless you've waited like a good 2 1/2 hours and still don't feel anything.

Once you get a sense for how long it usually takes you to feel it (as everyone is different) then MAYBE you can redose in an hour and a half, but I have never had it kick in in less than an hour and 15 mins.

I would honestly say that on average Phenibut lasts for me for about 18 hours, sometimes even 20 or so max, and when I say 18 hours I really mean I feel high from it that long. I will take it at night at times, wake up, and STILL be on it most of the next day.

F-Phenibut on the other hand would sometimes last me THIRTY hours.

So yeah, be aware that it takes a very long time to kick in and to take it slow, and be prepared for it to possibly last a day, pretty much around 24 hours give or take from your 1st dose, and if you take a few doses then obviously it's going to take that long for each one to wear off, so I would write down when you dose and if you don't know how it will effect you then don't use it if you have something planned for the next day.

I know how it effects me and I feel I can be functional and even drive or do things on doses up to 3 grams, but I certainly wouldn't recommend to go around driving on it if you don't have to, especially not those higher doses as it is a sedative, and my doing so is not necessarily the smartest thing, but at lower doses it can be KIND of like Kratom, not really in how it feels, but in the sense that you can do things like work out, study, play music, talk to people, whatever, and they won't know you are on it and you can be sociable and productive, but if you use too much it will knock you on your ass and you won't feel good, so I'd suggest taking it slow.

And I would REALLY recommend not taking it more than 2 days a week, preferably not in a row, and while my rule for myself is not to exceed 8,000mgs in a week, on the tub it says 4,000 a week, so proceed with caution.

I would say exceeding 8,000mgs a week is playing with fire, even though I've done up to 10,500mgs in a week, but I always write down how many mgs I have taken in a week and what days and times I took them so I always know where I am at until it's a new week and the slate is wiped clean (though I don't consider it a truly "clean slate" till it has been 7 FULL days where I not only didn't take it, but didn't even feel like I was on any left over from the last dose, seeing as it lasts almost 24 hours.)

Well 1.5 grams is IMO a low-ish dose, and that is about the lowest dose I will personally be able to feel at all, but for some people they consider that an average dose.

If I were to take anything below 1,200mgs MAX I might not even know I was on it.

I start to feel it around 1,800mgs but I still feel that is low, and as mentioned, my sweet spot is somewhere between 2,400--3,400mgs, but many people say that is a very high dose for them.

I have found my optimal dose to feel good and sleep well without having trouble waking up the next day is 2,950mgs.

Some people like to stagger their doses, and I often do, but not because I feel it works better but only because I am not always sure how much i want to be on, but if I know how much I want then I don't stagger and just take that dose right away.

Like the other day I just took 2,950mgs in one shot and was good and did not re-dose.

But being that you are new to it I very much think staggering is a good idea, especially with how long it takes to feel it and to peak and how long it lasts, because since it lasts so long you don't want to end up being on too much because you jumped the gun.

I would take it slow and expect each dose to really kick in after about 2 hours and only take more if it's been like 3 1/2---4 hours since your last dose and you still want more.

Who has experience with boofing or plugging meth. I wanna try it and need to know the best way to do it

Check out the BDD forum. There is a sticky at the top of the forum list that is a meth megathread with almost everything you need to know to plug meth =). I would bring the link but my phones low sir.

Welcome to BL,
Mr. Deeds