• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PERTH- Big Day Out - Feb 6- Claremont Showgrounds

how was chemical bros?? anyone didnt get access to the boiler room?

The boiler room saga

Heres what happened there as I saw it. I watched a couple of The streets tracks then I walked around to the boiler room. A crowd had begun to form, I think bexta was playing in there at the time. The crowd got annoyed pushed through the barriers I went in with that lot (nearly crushed to death). 5 mins later I looked out the glass doors and there was like 20cops helping security hold the gates closed.
So I decided to stay in there till the end. It was great for those who got in cause it wasnt ridiculously crowded in there like last year.

Why the fuck didnt they set up more screens and sound systems in that other room that was the hothouse last year? I saw in there twas completly empty!

Ah yes, I have very little to say at this current time, namely due to the supreme level of scatteredness i'm currently experiencing.
Pissed off 'cause I missed all the good electronic acts, happy I got to see SOAD, Slipknot, Grinners, Concord Dawn (the only thing I saw at Boiler Room before the incident) and MORE than happy to the spend the latter of the night on the Ranger and what not chillin' with Koi and his crew.
I apologise for not being able to find the majority of you, it was hard enough staying with a group of more than 2 at any time which resulted in a number of random solo missions.
It's unfortunate you couldn't make it out for post-BDO fun Rubber, hopefully no people popped out in front of you on the way home?
=D
Cheers again for the ride, the drinks... the car-ride... thanks for everythin' Koi.
We shall be catching up next week possibly [for the Muzby thing]?
Sweet.
Overall BDO rating for 2005 - a moderate 6... but the people made it a 9 [except for the drunken yobbos which again brought it down to a 'I paid $110 for this?' 6].
:)
PEACE

Well... where to start.

Absolutley madness. I've never seen so many people at a big day out so early .. usually its fairly slow to get people in, but it was packed from 12 when i arrived.

Headed straight to the drinking area .. our usual sitting area .. and spent a good what felt like 1.5hrs to get a beer :(

All that aside ... i was in the moshpit for THe Music, Grinners .. and caught the streets, the hoods, eskimoe joe .... Half of carl cox .. and all of Chemical brothers

For those who are keen to here .. chemical brothers did not dissapoint .. it was amazingly good. They played such a great selection of tracks .. and had some awesome visual things up front on the huge screen.

I only got in because somehow someone pushed from behind me and i was flung threw security. Oh well.

Shnouzer .. i have no idea whatsoever what i said to you .. i was ummmm yes well it was that time of the day .. the sun and all took effect :)

Sorry r_k and k_t that i missed ya's at the end .. hope you had a good night!

Anyways i still had a good time despite the security and crowds etc.

Seeya's for the muzby meet.

Well this was my first event as a bluelighter but kept my alter ego hidden from most only telling Rubber_Duck and *whisper* Killing_Time :D.
overall i was plz with the day, being takled to the ground by a number of school mates and of course getting to see the streets live ( highlight ) but also was able 2 catch Grinners, The Music, Scribe, Eskimo, spiderbait and a lil Beastie.
what koi said
Finding people in there was almost impossible, the amount of times I lost rubber duck
i agree completely with, spending most of the end just ( after i lost RD in the crowd like i seem to do well at most events ive been to with him hehe ) standin around watch chemical bros on the screen out of the cold, only getting a taste of the
awesome visual things up front on the huge screen.
:(
Overall, my day was timed out pretty well and ended in great company. apart from the obvious yobbo factor twas a good day. :)

pix

Rocked up @8 and walked straight in after spinning some bs to the doorman - its sometimes quite obvious how many times i watched eddie murphy in beverly hills cop as a kid ;)

saw the beatie boys +regurgitator and both were exceptional!

T H E S T R E E T S

mike.JPG

(click to enlarge)

B E A S T I E B O Y S

bboys.JPG

(click to enlarge)

Last edited:
How about shrinking those pics of the streets and beasties alexkid they are a bit huge :p

Like everyone else a bit pissed I got told I wasn't going to see carl and the chem bros. Didn't get to step foot inside the boiler all day, they need to think harder about the dance side of the BDO. It was obvious from last years bullshit something like that was going to happen.

Besides that huge dissapointment all in all a pretty damm good day. Fine weather, even finer perth women and awsome bands make it a mad day out.

Front and center for The Music and Spiderbait didnt dissapoint.

The hilltop hoods and streets who were why I went were unreal up close.

'get the fuck out that tree!' =D

The beastie boys, old favourites of mine, were great. Turntable skills and classic tracks, not the chemical brothers though......

But there was way to many people is what I'll come away from this event thinking. We need a bigger venue!

Re: pix

GillyWin said:
For those who are keen to here .. chemical brothers did not dissapoint .. it was amazingly good. They played such a great selection of tracks .. and had some awesome visual things up front on the huge screen.
Remind me to slap you the next time we meet.
:X =D

alexkid said:
saw the beatie boys +regurgitator and both were exceptional!
Ah the Beastie Boys, I forgot to mention these suckers.
Jesus, when SUPER DISCO BREAKIN' came on I went from chillin' on grass K_T to Jumpin' around singin' at the top of my lungs K_T.
Was great to get back into the Beastie spirit, it's been too long.
Unfortunately I missed The Streets (Due to my System attendance) and The 'Gurg (not entirely sure why) whcih was a bitch.
Ah well, I had a fun night... just have to make sure I jump the fence next year with the other 5000 that did.
=D
PEACE

Re: The boiler room saga

Juvenile said:
Heres what happened there as I saw it. I watched a couple of The streets tracks then I walked around to the boiler room. A crowd had begun to form, I think bexta was playing in there at the time. The crowd got annoyed pushed through the barriers I went in with that lot (nearly crushed to death). 5 mins later I looked out the glass doors and there was like 20cops helping security hold the gates closed.
So I decided to stay in there till the end. It was great for those who got in cause it wasnt ridiculously crowded in there like last year.
We must of been standing next to each other... ha! I did the exact same thing. Streets for a track or two, then boiler room.
I was one of the last to get through before the barrier fell.
Me and about 6 friends were in the crowded lineup waiting to get into the boiler room, and the security guards (all 3 of them 8) ) were letting groups of 10-15 people in at a time. As soon as a few people were let in, the drunk bogans behind me were pushing causing the security guards to panic and stop the flow, hence people getting crushed. Then they let a few more people through, and it started to get really ugly. I pretty much got wedged between the barrier and the crowd and luckily slid through. turned to see the madness and the bouncers were literally holding the fence up to stop it from falling. We'd just moved into the boiler room when the fence fell and people flooded through. Security went everywhere. They started to pull down the roller door when some people stood and held the door up, for the masses to get through. A couple of bouncers managed to get it down to waist level when the door started to buckle inwards, at this point i raced over and 3 other guys helped us pull it down. That's when they stopped the music. The female members of our group were fairly shocked about what had happened. Hands shaking, stressing out, later said it kind of ruined the vibe of the night. Not sure if i agree with this or not.

We didn't leave the boiler room for the rest of the evening. And from what i've heard since, they didn't open it back up? is that right?

The rest of the evening went without incident. Freestylers were fantastic, Carl Cox turned me homo and Chemical Brothers....whoa..... Boy can they do a show.

Just thought i'd share the madness as I saw it.

Im really spewing I missed the freestylers and chem bros now... i will have to make up for it at teo ribes i guess :)

sorry fot not joinging you K_T at the after party... bit of a cop out by me... the ride home was dodgy as hell, seeing stuff that wasnt there... freaky

dont drive on drugs its a VERY BAD IDEA

^^^
Shall I guess this is R_D?
=D
Don't matter much bro, had a grand old time but ended up puttin' a little too much pressure on R_D to have another with us.
I do apologise friend, get a few into me and i'll consume anything in front of me.
I hope you felt better for it in the morning [I certainly didn't :\].
Hope it was a good time had by all.
Until next time...
PEACE

Well my first big day out, i love huge crowds, not alone weird and beutiful people which made it even more interesting.

I think my bdo experience started when i camped out for 16 hours for a ticket, best experience....never been in huge street party with 1600 people all off the heads for one reason to get a bloody BDO ticket.

Got there on a party bus and managed to catch up with plenty school mayts and K_T , Red_koi, shnouzza and the toenibbler himself. Due to my reputation of wandering off and finding girls,,,,i seemed to have lost everyone.

i was very impressed with chingy even tho it isnt my scene but i have always have a soft spot bands who really apreciate there fans. System were good and Concord dawn thew some real hard DnB.

awww yes sorry K_T and Red koi. Sorry guys.*sigh* after a couple MDMA pills and no real peak i went home back home after da BDO on da bus . Got into the car and droped a girl home, drove to BP and bought a peppermint crisp and called KT about 5 times about a silly little adress, noticably feeling weird. THEN BANG. People were sitting and talking to me in da car. never halucianted in my life. And wish it will never happen. left the car there and walked home. And peaked very hard watching the discovery channel. heheh

Oh and K_T heheh i have some photos of um, heheh....da little tropical flavoured.......

To the next event!

I dont know what it was after leaving your place K_T... not that i was driving noticably well BEFORE that but the ride downt the freeway scared the shit out of me... perhaps the very small tokes of that joint?? perhaps the assisted drive home?? either way I dont think it'll be doing that again if I have to drive. If it wasnt for my little friend I would have stayed longer... had a drink a spliff and maybe even another one...
Hold me to that at two tribes =D =D

Rubber_Duck said:
Oh and K_T heheh i have some photos of um, heheh....da little tropical flavoured.......
Oh Yes, HAHAHA!
That was most amusing, I believe I wore it all night until I was foolish/kind enough to give it to one of Koi's mates.
My mate ended up wearing his all night and now has it sitting in his room.
If anyone knows where I placed my styrophome finger coated with red condoms please return it too me.
=D
Anyway... still feel crap and it's Wednesday.
*sigh*
PEACE

Managed to catch Freestylers, Carl Cox and Chem's - for those who saw the Chems how was that farkin high pitched noise they were playin at one point - fucked me up big time!! Was a great day - glad i bailed on Streets (due to being majorly squashed) and got in the boiler - I feel for you guys who were locked out - I woulda been so dark. It was as Fry-d said too packed - getting a beer in the arvo for the bands was ridiculous!

aah yes the red lightsaber like device!! =D

hahaha its in the back of my car!! Safe and sound just so you know :) :)

Please nobody question this statement, all must accept this as a material fact and not question or delve into the matter any further :|

Found it this morning, shall be returned when next we meet =D

Hey did anyone see that red "Recharge area" it just had couches and hookah bongs. ppl wer just sitting there sucking cones and eating watermelon all day