• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Peoples experiences with Quetiapine (Seroquel)

I have never taken a dose bigger than 50mg.
I find 30mg to be sedating enough. I remember the first time i took it, i took 30mg and i was almost glued/paralyzed to my bed.
I remember semi-getting up once in the night as i needed to pee (drank more than usual before bed) but was so bloody sedated I had to hold it until the effects were reduced a bit. It was only then I could actually stand up and go to the bathroom.
Even when i managed to do this however, the body load and sedation i felt from the Seroquel was extremely powerful.
Ha, this reminded me of my first time taking seroquel. I was 15 or 16 at the time, and my mom was prescribed 25 mg. tablets. My friend told me I should take 4 of them. So I did, like an idiot, and I slept for 20 hours, waking up a few times to use the bathroom, then right back to sleep. I couldn't believe how powerful it was.

I've only taken it a couple times, always for help with sleep while on the psych ward, before deciding I'd rather not sleep than take it ever again. It either knocked me out so quickly that I better already be lying down, or risk a fall, or didn't make me sleep, leaving me a drooling, drunken mess. Each time I awoke to an awful, daylong hangover. Felt like I'd never be fully awake again. Trazadone never did a thing for me, may as well be a sugar pill.

When I was prescribed it at the lower dose for sleep the doctor told me to take it literally in bed. He said not to take it and try to watch TV or read. He said to take it with a glass of water on my nightstand and not get out of bed.
Thats why I was so shocked rehab would want to give it to us a few hours before bed when we were still supposed participating.

Fuck seroquel, hate feeling like a zombie, never put me to sleep.