• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

People who just want to see pretty colors

Ya just gotta say im one of the people who loooooove psycs for the visual. The mindfuck and general disscussions that go on durring a trip are normally wipped from my memory the next day, but all the actions and visuals that I saw remain. I like adventuring and stuff on psycs, but really I find it best to just sit back throw on some cartoons and play some games with friends while we all laugh at the different things we see.

i 2nd that. the visuals are my favorite part. that may only be because none of my friends see things the way i do; in terms of life, the current state of the world and all that shit. so i dont really want to trip and spend the whole experience arguing with them haha

Aren't the mental effects of psychedelics caused by the sensory distortion? LSD particularly binds to sensory complexes along with other tryptamines and phenethylamines. I find the mental effects of all psychedelics congruent with their visual/auditory/tactile distortion. LSD's symmetrical and beautification at medium doses with hilarity and central contemplation, as with 2C-E's sliding, melting, shifting visual/auditory effects to its logic-loops. 2C-C's mild sensory distortion to mild mental distortion. Our minds are products of sensory, so once input changes, so does the beholder.

I think it's very true that mental effects are shaped by sensory effects; and that sensory input is important in determining brain activity. But not all the mental effects are caused by the sensory distortion, surely? There are psychedelics with little sensory distortion, but with full cognitive effects (Is it 2C-D I'm thinking of?). And our brains can generate activity by themselves without sensory input.

It just depends on what your taking. theres not really much else to do on 2C-I but look at the visuals and play around with them, I like to try and manipulate things like one time my carpet was a bit dirty and the spots of dirt looked like green sad/angry gremlins and I thought, I wonder if I can make these gremlins happy so straight away 150 or so of these tiny things immediately turned orange(i.e a brighter*happier* colour) and smiled and swayed to the beat of the music. as people say 2C-I is just eye candy whereas 2C-T-7 Is far, far away from eye candy and while you will get astonishing visuals from it there wont be no little gremlins, maybe fucking giant monsters lol 8)

I like the whole package with psychedelic and ill admit a trip isnt as fun without the visuals and if I do trip and get no visuals id more than likely be disappointed, but they arent the sole reason I trip. Theres more to it than that.

Regarding the idea that TV should be anathema to the psychedelic mental state... I am currently watching an episode of the science programme Horizon: Do you know what time it is?. I'm not tripping at the moment, but by golly am I going to watch this again when next I trip (preferably on a 2C-x, methinks). This programme is both a conceptual headfuck, and a thing of distorted sensory beauty, even without the trip; to explore it while in a psychedelic mental state would be a challenge and a delight.

Mental effects and sensory effects are the same thing in my opinion. When a wall is melting, so are thoughts...

Mental effects and sensory effects are the same thing in my opinion. When a wall is melting, so are thoughts...
:) Very true, I think. Or at least one cannot fully separate cognition and sensation (and action, I'd say). They're all playing with each other.