• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

People who just want to see pretty colors

I pretty much do it all, think a bunch, see crazy shit, see crazy colors, hear crazy sounds, talk with whomever I'm with about life/whats going on in our lives and I of course listen to music the entire time.

In my personal opinion I think the psychedelic "trip" is mental and its what I like best about doing psychedelics, although seeing crazy shit while high as hell is pretty fucking awesome/intense as well. I guess I take certain drugs for certain things sometimes, because a high dose of LSD is what I'd say gives me a great mental high, meanwhile on high doses of mushrooms I see all sorts of fucked up shit and hear all sorts of crazy shit, the mental high isnt as intense but the colors are just so...BRIGHT

God tripping really is the best.
It makes you open your mind to different ways of thought. Helps you realize whats important in life and what your priorities are. And can bring you extremely close with some of your closest friends. Lifes what you make it out to be, life's a trip.

I think a lot of people here are too quick to assume that watching TV on acid means that all thoughts are focused on the TV show therefor are only as deep as the TV show.

I don't know what kind of acid you guys are doing, but on the acid I've taken the most noticeable effect it had on my thinking was adding at least one other dimension to it.

Let's say that sober thinking is like a 2 dimensional graph with only two coordinates per point (X and Y). For someone watching TV, X might be your initial reaction to various scenes or what they remind you of, Y might be following the plot as the story unfolds and drawing conclusions.

For someone on acid, even simple things like watching TV or enjoying visuals can have 3 or more dimensions to it. (x,y,z or even x,y,z,a,b,c etc...) In addition to X and Y, you may have Z, which might be analyzing your reactions and conclusions to see what area of your subconscious they come from and why. Then after that there could be A, judging the rationality and usefulness of that thinking pattern.

This is why people on LSD could be doing and saying what seems like the dumbest, most nonsensical shit but come off it raving about having such a profound trip with depth and complexity to it no words can adequately express.

I have had some pretty crazy trips while watching movies or Aqua Teen or Food Network. But I've also had almost all of bad trips while being surrounded by walls and focusing on the TV. Nothing can send my trip in a rotten direction quite like some stupid shit on TV.

I'd much rather be in the woods, allowing the visuals from the drugs interact with the plant and animal life I'm seeing. I honestly can't think of a bad trip that began outdoors. Being outside while I'm tripping always me feel so much like a part of nature that it can go either way. I can get lost looking at some icicles on a tree or I can trip on life and love.

Damn.... typing that really made me wanna trip soon.

Life, our existence, the human experience and the society that accompanies it are so dreadful. Involving ones self in such discussions will only take you deeper into the rabbit hole that is our existence. At the end, there is only the realization that nothing matters, we are insignificant, that the world is a rotten place.... I don't see the fun in taking a drug and engaging in a conversation that will eventually and undoubtedly lead to these conclusions. I prefer using drugs to escape the truth, they're our only escape from imminent insanity. I too rather watch TV, joke around and forget about "the deeper meaning".

I remember a scene while tripping with a lad who used to be the drummer in the band I was in. He'd been sitting quietly for about 5 minutes, about an hour after eating a load of liberty caps, when he suddenly sat bolt upright, shook his head like he was trying to wake himself up and announced,"whoa, getting thinkey there"! =D

It resulted in a rather severe bout of hysterical laughter :D

Life, our existence, the human experience and the society that accompanies it are so dreadful. Involving ones self in such discussions will only take you deeper into the rabbit hole that is our existence. At the end, there is only the realization that nothing matters, we are insignificant, that the world is a rotten place.... I don't see the fun in taking a drug and engaging in a conversation that will eventually and undoubtedly lead to these conclusions. I prefer using drugs to escape the truth, they're our only escape from imminent insanity. I too rather watch TV, joke around and forget about "the deeper meaning".
Although I've been there (nothing matters, or really makes sense, the world and society are an arbitrary charade, etc; indeed I found myself stuck in that mental state for a week or so after my most recent 4-AcO-DMT trip), and I can well understand wanting to avoid that; I would say that it's not inevitable that you will come to exactly that conclusion.

It may be true that psychedelics will tend to unravel the usual unreflected meanings and the usual convenient shorthands, delusions, and illusions that keep everything from our perception through our cognition to our social and moral interactions moving relatively smoothly; but the 'the world is a rotten place' is one of many possible emotional responses to this unraveling. It can be rather wonderful too, to be - if only temporarily - so very freed and unneurotic. Psychedelics, at their best, help you escape from the lies that maintain a non-psychedelic mental state (although that doesn't necessarily mean that they reveal any truths, as such; rather, they let us see more clearly: we still have to do the deciding-what's-true-if-anything-and-how-we-feel-about-it bit :)).

Last edited:

lol to me the DEEPER MEANING is all about gettin money fuckin bitches and listening to rap.

like i said life is what u make it to be, lifes a trip. You can make it the best time of your life on that trip just by realizing the simple things in life. As for me i prefer drugs to find out about myself and find my own place in.. like you said our existence. So look at it as u may but figuring out what your going to do with yourself in this shithole is what im all about. %)

^Interesting last few posts there....

Me too

I feel the exact same way. I can't watch TV when I trip. It fucks with me too much. I used to get the same way when I got stoned(weed). It's easier to watch tv after smoking some herb now, but I tend to get creative and I get bored trying to watch a whole movie or even most TV shows. This is even more true for acid or mushrooms. TV is boring when the carpet is crawling and spelling words out to me. And I'd rather go stare at myself in the mirror and watch my face melt off. :)

But as far as seeing pretty colors... what is better in life than a pleasant experience no matter what it is?

i agree with the OP on the whole tv thing, unintelligent people dont realize the power of acid, they merely see it as another way to get f--kd up .

acid should be insightful if you are smart..

i agree with the OP on the whole tv thing, unintelligent people dont realize the power of acid, they merely see it as another way to get f--kd up .

If you need psychedelic drugs to unleash all of your mind's insightful potential, then I would question how smart you really are. I could make the comparison to artists who can only be creative under the influence of drugs, are you really an artists then? Is an athlete whom only exceeds under stimulants, really that much of an athlete at all? I find it a bit irrational to classify someone as "unintelligent" only because they make a conscious choice to avoid insightful conversations during a trip.

Well I'd like to chime in and say that I take psychedelics for a huge variety of reasons, and the way I go about the trip depends on what I want out of it. I've tripped probably around thirty or so times on various things and usually when I have found that letting the trip take YOU somewhere is extremely more productive and enjoyable than forcing something into it. Once I learned how to completely flow with a trip and turn the typical thought process off, it becomes infinitely better (the first time this happened, I felt like I was in pure nirvana). I feel like the more "mental" trips I have had were a result of forcing "deep" subject matter into it, but in the end its just your brain trying to wrap significance around these mental constructs that are supposed to mean something in everyday sober life (also on these types of trips visuals tend to be pretty minimal).

But once you can truly vibe with the people and whats happening around you, it becomes less forced and one can spend more time appreciating the amazing reality around you instead of getting stuck in annoying thought-loops, forgetting what you were talking about, etc...Once I get to the point the trip will show me things FAR more deeper than anything I could spew out in a tripped-out conversation. And the best part is, it never freaks me out this way, just more of an--"ohhh okay" kinda thing.

I think the people preaching about only using psych's for their depth and spiritual purposes are getting too into the constructs of the mind, that we use to explain experience. If people can just purely and solely perceive and appreciate the tripping perceptions, the depth and significance will just happen.

Maybe me being a musician and artist/enthusiast has something to do with my point of view, but I feel like my appreciation for the world around me is the most important part of a trip, whether that be defined as "shallow" or "deep". I usually don't go into a trip wanting too much of a philosophical experience because thats the way I usually am when I am sober...

And there is nothing like adding a different substance into the mix to change the trip itself, my favorite trips have all been combinations. Nothing better than navigating a custom-tailored headspace for making a trip "productive".

And if you're really smart, then you can see beyond the psyche-fanboy, faux-spiritual, holier than thou, so far up their own arse they can see daylight crap and see that beauty and insight is in absolutely everything. Including the tellybox... also including just getting fucked-up. It's all good for the soul :).

And if you're really smart, then you can see beyond the psyche-fanboy, faux-spiritual, holier than thou, so far up their own arse they can see daylight crap and see that beauty and insight is in absolutely everything. Including the tellybox... also including just getting fucked-up. It's all good for the soul :).

Exactly.

Pretty colors are pretty... who doesn't like pretty things?

Interesting thought process's are interesting... who doesn't like interesting things?

^ I find that it's rather hard to seperate the two, myself. It's all just part of the whole wonderful package in my view. Just enjoy what is revealed to you - whether it be "just" pretty things or "just" fascinating insights, or "just" pissing yourself laughing at Cheech & Chong movies all night - I truly believe that psyches work on a much deeper level. In my experience it makes little or no difference what you use as a springboard for those changes to happen inside you - I really don't think it's something anybody has control of. When I take psyches, I take them for what they can reveal to me, not to see what narrow-minded, artificial constructs I can try to place on them to fit with my preconceived notions of what pysches "should" be used for. Seems a bit of a waste of time and also somewhat arrogant to me. But what would I know? I need to take some acid so I can talk sense again :D.