Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A classic indeed.
Never understood it. Sure you can forget that you took it but actively remembering and wondering if there are effects? Unthinkable, the physical sedation alone....

What a drug those benzos are. A great medicine for the people that have specific ailments that it can touch. I also know someone with stomach issues that takes lorazepam for relief. I'm all for that type of use

Then there are people like me that can only use them for trip come downs. Some of the things I notice is sometimes I think I don't feel anything yet fall asleep. No real euphoria except when used as a trip come down.

So if not used as a medicine let me count my issues with benzos.

1. I can take some and think I don't feel it
2. I eat too much without shame. I mean I can not help myself I do a few things without inhibitions
3. I forget most of what I did at that time period as I swear I don't feel anything. That looking back is weird no high but total forgetting
4. For a drug that doesn't do much recreationally for me I learned that if I were to get addicted it is years of recovery. Not happening these days, I would be closer to death than thinking I can do a 2 year kick.

Crazy drug. For Me: Wonderful for coming down and sleeping when I trip. Terrible for anything else except a total stressful situation. But then I get angry so it is not a nice high. Then the thought of doing that the next day also is gross to me.

What I would do for a stash of seconal or amytal for trip come downs. I loved reds (secobarbital) and I did like barbiturates a lot and there was a quick euphoria. All of them except phenobarbital. I really wish I could have bottled and displayed here the feelings of my drug using friends years ago when some of their doctors switched then to diazepam from secobarital. It was a bummer total bummer. But I find it interesting benzos have such a following today after experiencing the that time period

Sorry for so much typing, took some gabapentin and feel gabby. Also halfed my kratom intake the last month with ease. No real issues. I actually feel better. I am going to continue to lower. Went from 40 gr to 25 next drop to 20. And honestly I think I can jump from there but we will see. I've kept my drug intake simple, just a little kratom and cannabis so tapering kratom has been easy.

Last edited:
What I would do for a stash of seconal or amytal for trip come downs. I loved reds (secobarbital) and I did like barbiturates a lot and there was a quick euphoria. All of them except phenobarbital. I really wish I could have bottled and displayed here the feelings of my drug using friends years ago when some of their doctors switched then to diazepam from secobarital. It was a bummer total bummer. But I find it interesting benzos have such a following today after experiencing the that time period

Secobarbital was amazing when I tried it ten or so years back. The euphoria was awesome. But hot damn, was it hard to wake up in the morning, if not impossible.

Well my roommate that I had previously posted about here (I don't remember if was this social thread or the other one) died this morning. That's been kinda rough today.

I turned on Pandora earlier and heard this song and it made me tear up.

Reminds me of the time one of my best friend's mom overdosed and died. I was leaving the funeral home and heard dust in the wind on the radio. That made me cry too.

Right now my upstairs neighbor is over here because he locked himself out of his apartment. He's super drunk and I don't feel like dealing with him. He's likely to spend the night because the landlord said he'd get a locksmith tomorrow.

Cheers

Oh I forgot to add I listened to this today

I hope my buddy Ted (former roommate) caught the Rainbow. He's the only black man I've ever taken mushrooms with.

God I love that recording.

Neil Young was grunge 20 years before there was grunge.

Last edited:
Oh man, my neighbor just reminded me I was so supposed to call my daughter tonight. I get to video chat with her every Wednesday and Saturday. She's only 7..... So much happening today.

Lol. I've been hanging out with my neighbors who live in the same apartment building tonight. They're all 10-20 years older than me (I'm 36) and on section 8 and previously were homeless like me. We've been celebrating Ted's life and listening to music. All my neighbors came to know him pretty well while he was here. Kinda drunk. Wish I had benzos for sleep tonight but I'll make do. My one neighbor was rubbing on my arm kinda inappropriately for a minute earlier. She's a lot older and her husband is my friend. I gifted them both some MDMA for their first roll recently. I just ignored it.

My neighbor (the one rubbing my face in her titties) just told me that the dude we've all been buying spice from was shot to death a day or two ago. WTF? What is this world we live in coming to.

OMG I just had my neighbor play "Pop, lock, and drop it" and another neighbor started freak dancing on me and rubbing my face in her titties. Thank God her husband wasn't around. I don't need that in my life!
I’ll say one thing, you appear remarkably cool headed, unoffended, unimpeded, by being harassed lol.

Maybe they see you as having a soft side, I don’t mean you’re weak, just so laid back and tolerant, because I just wouldn’t stand for that shit lol, the sheer violation of it, regardless of whether I want titties in my face or not.

I mean, I wouldn’t file for a lawsuit, but I’m very (politely) outspoken.

It's also my dad's birthday today and also mine and my ex-wife's anniversary today so I've got a whole lot on my mind.

First heard that song on Dogtown N Z-Boys (documentary about the surf, skate, punk rock scene in late 70s LA). Went so well in that film. Gave a real sense of nostalgia for a time and place I wasn't even around for.

Saw Neil Young in 2009. Think I was on methylone and 2C-E.

That was a good day 😎

You act like having titties rubbed in your face is an assault. 😁 Though if the gender roles were reversed then I think almost anyone would say it is. Still I can never be too upset by titties in my face.
It’s the sheer principle lol.

If I wasn't friends with her husband I might not have just politely ignored that activity like it wasn't happening, lol.

She's almost 10 years older than me though. Bad alcoholic, too. She once told me she drinks like 12 pints of whiskey a day. Speaking of alcoholism, I'm up to like 6x 16 oz 12% alcohol beverages throughout the day. I've been puking in the mornings and drinking to relieve symptoms. I'm truly planning to stop soon before it gets worse. I used to drink whiskey all day too back in like 2007-2008.

I wish I had benzos to taper with. My source takes like two weeks for shipping and money is also a factor. I can't imagine two more weeks of drinking like this though so I'm planning to just muscle through it really soon. Gonna quit smoking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.