View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. I wouldn't count it as a bad trip. I think of bad trips as those with anxiety and paranoia. I didn't experience that. Only profound sadness. But grief can be very releasing once you get it all out, so I kind of hope the trip has triggered a process of really getting out some pent up negativity. I've often been a go tripping for shits and giggles kind of person but I'm respectful of the potential for significant long term psychological effects (good and bad) from acid. I found it really interesting that the first thing I did when I woke up after the trip was go lock up all my drugs for a week. I just didn't want them and didn't want to be thinking about them. It was kind of only the money invested in them that stopped me flushing them (there was a few grands worth of meth). I thought I'd give it a week and pass it on to someone who'd appreciate it if I still felt the same way.

The big realisation or feeling of the trip was how disconnected I am from people socially. I'm too much of a loner (for reasons I spent hours realising and recalling while I was tripping) and I don't want to be. It's clear the amount of meth I smoke inhibits good healthy social connections (I'm just a super functional loner but can't even manage a coffee date with another person). It will be interesting to see how my current feeling of distaste for other drugs continues as I reflect on and integrate this trip. A good cry never really hurt anyone.

All I know for the moment is I'm not the same guy usually moderating around the place here anymore. My sense of humour has taken a little holiday and I feel very serious. It's interesting what you say about big trips causing you to cut back on booze. Stimulants (prescribed) caused me to quit drinking. It would be cool if acid caused me to go another step and quit stimulants.
No such thing as tripping on 500ug of acid for shits and giggles man, it’s very normal to feel shaken.

Memories fade however, the distaste for oneself, lifestyle and some drugs fades as well, it’s the carousel I’ve been on for a long time. Tripping is easy but applying shit in the madness of everyday life is tough in comparison. I‘ve learnt that you cannot count on psychedelics to turn shit around, they can help but it’s like only a couple percentages of the way.
Anyway, what I‘m trying to say is that you’ll probably be back to normal in some time but it’s on you what you want the normal to be.

I’d give up on the MDMA tbh, tested or not, it must be mehdma, much talked about on this forum. There is nothing there, I have really tried, it is hopeless. Being low on serotonin, which you should also be after meth binges, brings a lot of issues with as well, many that aren’t really noticeable in the moment. It’s probably adding to some of the sadness right now.

Hi man. I will offer my simple good old fashioned bit of advice I dish out so freely.

Just hang in there. Stuff just comes along, hits us, gets churned up. It can hurt for a few days, weeks at times.

I know very very well the pit of acute despair and mania and deep depression that can follow an intense trip.

I’ve been there so many times this year. I empathise with you on each angle. Like, you can’t handle the time dilated anxiety mania, so benzos seem so alluring.

But that ISN’T the solution, just sweeping the dust under the carpet.

525 ug is no child’s play. My 500 ug trip yesterday was a total total mind blower. I’m not sure I’ve ever been more tripped out.

Literally after 11 hours dropping, I suddenly remembered that I was on a trip. I was so tripped up I’d lost sight of it, was just in a crazy maze of a universe.

I can only recall one time in my life when acid took me that far up, it’s hard to describe, but suddenly I caught sight of it. I was like woaah! I’m just tripping. This trip WILL come down!

I’d forgottten normality almost completely. Hallucination, visual extreme. Astounding sharpness, clarity and mesmerisation. My head was propa propa gone mate I swear. Even after that reminder, like things WILL go back to….That?…again…phew…..I battled for another 7 or 8 hours to keep reminding myself- why it was actually alright.

And time alone would resolve my madness in that crazy thought loop land.

I did use a tonne of weed. Lots edibles, lots vapor. Each vapor session and I’d be right sky high again trying not to have another panic attack lol.

I cannot even describe yesterday’s trip. I’ve never tripped better, deeper, fuller, ore completely, off even much larger doses.

What you say above @Atelier3 I can so relate to, the emotional side of it.

I woke this morning, first time in years, not suffocating for breath, as a direct result of a revolutionary energy healing technique I started yesterday. Powerful energy healing to remove what is classed as “dead” energy.

I never expected to awake and be able to breathe literally 70% better than I can remember upon waking.

I only crashed out for some hours. Had the most unbearable acid indigestion pain for the first 10 hours of my trip.

A very strong edible cannabis tea helped get it settling, but fuck man it sent my head through the roof.

Very recently I’ve felt exactly what you describe emotionally. It’s so hard to sit still in that rocking chair of grief and anguish.

But, in my experience, and hopefully in your own, it will pass.

Now, healing is painful. I have almost stopped believing in coincidences. Maybe you have simply stirred up some deep buried emotions. Which will be unsettling now, but the fact that reaction even occurred, to me is proof there was something beneath the surface to excavate.

Anyway hold hope man. You’ll likely be amazed looking back in a week or two and feeling refreshed and renewed again.

Maybe a 2 week break for integration at least, maybe don’t avoid the benzos but don’t feel bad about trying to draw a line between dulling and dependence, and cold hard consciousness lol, one of the most bitter pills to swallow at times right?

In the meantime, we should have a get together- like people meditate or pray across the world at specific times.

Well I’m forever trying my damned hardest to counsel myself, reassure myself, in panic attacks either lost heavy trips (especially) and always in relation to pain and respiratory issues.

So we can link up our self counselling times lol. Like, I’ll be brushing my teeth, saying.,,.stay calm, relax, just get this done, then that, then that, don’t think too far ahead….

And I can picture you across over there doing your own self counselling.

Just want to assure you man anyhow. Keep faith, hang tough. Last thing to do is to actually think about it, the emotional tangles and webs you’ve brought up. They didn’t just come from nowhere, they were deep inside of you. And will now resolve with time. You have cracked the seal.

Just be good to yourself. Take one day at a time. Trust your feelings and outlook will brighten again.

I speak from experience because I’ve truly visited the depths of depression properly headwrecked and usually due to pain and respiration. I thought at times it would be irreversible.

I just read your following post, and it seems you are on that ball already. I walls call it progress. Highlighting things that need to, or you want to change. Often, an apparent loss or accident is a chance for change, or change itself and ultimately for the best. I feel that’s the best way for you to look at this for now and just let time do it’s thing.

You have some will, inventive it sounds, to stop feeling so drawn to meth. And you say you feel a different person, implying an emotional shift. That again I argue can be progress, even if we feel glum and serious.

I’m a deadly serious guy myself. And a real joker too. Often in the same post and sentence. Hope your days get brighter as they go mate.

Thanks mate - those words mean a lot. But you know your post sounds a lot more straightforwardly lucid than many recently. Kind of like something clicked in the way you communicate. I don’t mean anything negative about your previous posts but this one has extraordinary clarity to me. It’s encouraging.

I’d give up on the MDMA tbh, tested or not, it must be mehdma, much talked about on this forum. There is nothing there, I have really tried, it is hopeless. Being low on serotonin, which you should also be after meth binges, brings a lot of issues with as well, many that aren’t really noticeable in the moment. It’s probably adding to some of the sadness right now.

Yeah it was the second MDMA source I tried that tested positive that did nothing to take me up but still gave me a comedown. It’s not worth it at all. No upside whatsoever. And the ket just made me feel like I had concussion.

I just need a few more days’ gentle reflection to find my joy and humour again. I’m sure it’s still there. Not sure whether to take my Abilify and Seroquel or not. I did for 2 days so I may in fact be feeling better than I would otherwise be. Or maybe worse. Who can tell with those meds!?

rest up man it takes me at least a week after a trip to even start to feel normal again usually 2-3 threes before i feel acutally okay again.

on a side note so fucking stonned from this weed but it was my last nug so rip.

Thanks mate - those words mean a lot. But you know your post sounds a lot more straightforwardly lucid than many recently. Kind of like something clicked in the way you communicate. I don’t mean anything negative about your previous posts but this one has extraordinary clarity to me. It’s encouraging.
Haha, that’s because it was typed with yourself and your situation and mindset inside, so it had to make a little bit of sense this time I guess lol! 😀

No worries bro, we, some us us here do care and we know how it feels some of the time.

But also, I did stir earlier (only maybe 4 hour zombie kip last 2 nights), honestly I can’t remember waking up and not feeling like I’m suffocating.

This energy healing stuff so totally works. Gonna keep at it. I spent ages yesterday tripping as hell, patienting out static and hallucinations to prep multiple plastic food bags with the required materials for placing on specific energy locations over the body.

My mum helped. She was here all day yesterday. Gardening etc. I was so tripped out I needed notes to myself, sat in the garden gazing deep and hard.

But I asked my mum today if she had any idea I had been on a super intense acid trip all day.

She never suspected a thing lol!

So there you have it. Even my own mum failed to see my steady face conceal the level to which I was tripping.

Head wrecked still. Just drinking black coffee, it’s too sunny warm for kip, I just hauled myself out of a forced mini unconsciousness spell.

So I can’t reason/CBT my way out of how I feel.
I always thought CBT was a crock of shit for reasons like this. Sometimes there are emotions inside you that you can't simply 'reason' away. For me that's anxiety thought loops, it's genetic. My whole mom's side of the family gets stuck in anxiety loops, ain't any way I can escape it, no matter how much reasoning a therapist throws my way.

man the caffeine crash at night makes me feel so shit but cant sleep from it fuck
Dude I totally feel this... coffee invariably leads me to downer abuse in order to relax my anxiety and get sleep. These days I drink decaf and just try and placebo my way through stuff because like buzz said, at a certain point coffee becomes counter-productive.

I always thought CBT was a crock of shit for reasons like this. Sometimes there are emotions inside you that you can't simply 'reason' away. For me that's anxiety thought loops, it's genetic. My whole mom's side of the family gets stuck in anxiety loops, ain't any way I can escape it, no matter how much reasoning a therapist throws my way.

CBT from what I understand actually is different because it's NOT about reason or talking. It's about training your brain to recognize when it's creating maladaptive thought [processes, and to interrupt those thought processes. So rather than addressing :why do I feel this way", it tries to reprogram your brain on a pre-conscious level.

Dude I totally feel this... coffee invariably leads me to downer abuse in order to relax my anxiety and get sleep. These days I drink decaf and just try and placebo my way through stuff because like buzz said, at a certain point coffee becomes counter-productive.

Many people (like myself and Buzz) find that coffee, over time, becomes tremendously more side effects laden than other forms of caffeine. For me, I can drink a single strong cup of coffee and be an anxious wreck, sweaty, overstimulated. But take a caffeine pill with the same caffeine content and I'm calm, energized, focused, and no crash later.

CBT from what I understand actually is different because it's NOT about reason or talking. It's about training your brain to recognize when it's creating maladaptive thought [processes, and to interrupt those thought processes. So rather than addressing :why do I feel this way", it tries to reprogram your brain on a pre-conscious level.
Ah, you're probably right. I just remember the last time I was feeling pretty damned depressed and tried to get therapy for it, they wanted like $250 a session for CBT and so I just opted for 'regular' therapy sessions. I don't recall if I ever had any as a teen, it was so long ago now.

Alright, so I tripped on 5-MeO-DMT, 25mg insufflated, I could not find my pipe for the life of me. Contrary to good judgement, but I couldn't take my almost delusional comments from earlier anymore. I tripped hard and was not prepared, but I knew that going into it, I would've expected it to be stronger though.

I'm so pissed at myself. I need to find a way to be less obsessive about things, it is an excess in energy that makes me think and think and think, almost fully detached from reality, it is mad. I have to accept what I thought/did/said, it does not matter. That overthinking is part of my other problem, a complete lack of focus on the things that do matter. Lastly, I'm fucking skinny, I have again lost weight, it is almost embarrassing and I need to eat and work out a lot more.

Fuck man. I'll be doing these things.

Hi, have you tried supplementing with a good source of omega 3?

It’s vital really for brain, cognitive and emotional health.

Also especially useful in curbing addiction cravings. An official study on alcoholics, showed absent Omega 3 levels.

After supplementation, all felt less dependant on alcohol, many actually quit.

Now, I ran out of a particular, natural Cod Liver oil months back.

Related or not, my general anxiety and nervous disorder has certainly stepped up notches.

There are some very high quality options available too, some are expensive-ish.

EVCLO (Ex Virgin Cod Liver oil, plus EV Ratfish oil from “Rosita” are excellent sources.

Or…Green Pastures fermented cod live oil.

Or the reuptably effective krill oil.

Just a thought.

Also…MAGNESIUM. So important for nerves and sense of calm. We’re all deficient.

You can take supplements as today’s soil just doesn’t provide enough.

But there is also Transdermal Magbesium-Topical. Magnesium oil. This is actually by far the most effective and vastly superior biologically active way to boost the body’s magnesium levels.

Sufficient quantity of real, aka, natural unrefined salt is also important for quelling anxiety.

White, refined salt is poison. Unrefined, Like Redmond Real,Salt, is medicine.

I’ve eaten 10 grams plus daily for decades no ill effects from the salt.

It’s that manmade salt you REALLY want to try and avoid in the name of health.

Many people (like myself and Buzz) find that coffee, over time, becomes tremendously more side effects laden than other forms of caffeine. For me, I can drink a single strong cup of coffee and be an anxious wreck, sweaty, overstimulated. But take a caffeine pill with the same caffeine content and I'm calm, energized, focused, and no crash later.
I’m the opposite. I can drink very strong coffee, no anxiety at all.

But 100 mg caffeine powder, like- two Pro Plus….triggered a psychological AND bizarre autonomic panic arrack reaction.

My hands literally curled up useless, ankles too.

I actually feel like caffeine pills are even worse, and the "crash" is worse and more instant, coffee feels more gradually miserable.

Isn't CBT that therapy where they do something with eye positioning and reflexes.. when someone described it to me it seemed very arcane and unintuitive but apparently effective and not analytical at all.

I actually feel like caffeine pills are even worse, and the "crash" is worse and more instant, coffee feels more gradually miserable.
Definitely with you there. 1998, entire A Level Art Project due 1 pm next day.

I had sketches, painting copies I’d done, text scribbled but needed re-writing in final.

On massive A1 sheets multicoloured cards to fold as pages.

I still had dozens of extra sketches of the artist and mini paintings to do too. I couldn’t start until 8 pm.

It was gonna be solid hard out slug and a miracle to get this whole things written up neat, paintings done, all glued in.

My plan- work my balls off. Soon as I crash, take one pro plus (50mg caffeine).

Then work balls again. Soon as I can’t keep up the required frantic work pace, take 2 pro plus.

I worked miracles from 8 pm. 12 am I crashed. Had been long school day and after activities already. Took first pro plus. Straight back to working rate again.

But suddenly, by 3 am, major speed like comedown crash.

I took 2 more. Picked me up. Then, 2 hours later, 5 am, twice as big a major speed like crash.

I could barely see. I had to leave my project and sit down the back garden for a couple hours just chilling.

I got my project complete and handed in bang on 1pm. It was a really great work too. The teachers admired it, saw it as a typical, 2 year worked project lol!

I dashed home on my bike that day and blasted my head on some huge bongs of Moroccan Slate hash.

Alright, so I tripped on 5-MeO-DMT, 25mg insufflated, I could not find my pipe for the life of me. Contrary to good judgement, but I couldn't take my almost delusional comments from earlier anymore. I tripped hard and was not prepared, but I knew that going into it, I would've expected it to be stronger though.

I'm so pissed at myself. I need to find a way to be less obsessive about things, it is an excess in energy that makes me think and think and think, almost fully detached from reality, it is mad. I have to accept what I thought/did/said, it does not matter. That overthinking is part of my other problem, a complete lack of focus on the things that do matter. Lastly, I'm fucking skinny, I have again lost weight, it is almost embarrassing and I need to eat and work out a lot more.

Fuck man. I'll be doing these things.

Well hey, it's good to realize these things. :)

Oh okay. Not me, I get no crash at all from them or energy drinks. Nor any anxiety or overstimulation (unless I have too much of course). But coffee, even half a mug of decent strength coffee and my armpits, hands and feet are pouring sweat and anxiety starts emanating from my solar plexus region.

Isn't CBT that therapy where they do something with eye positioning and reflexes.. when someone described it to me it seemed very arcane and unintuitive but apparently effective and not analytical at all.

Yep that's right. Apparently quite effective. My girlfriend wanted to try it but the therapist was like yeah, we'll get to CBT eventually but first you need to do traditional talk therapy and she quit because she has had bad experiences in the past and is convinced talk therapy can never help her.

talk therapy and she quit because she has had bad experiences in the past and is convinced talk therapy can never help her.
Haha, as already told here, my last attempt at this so called talk therapy if that’s what it was- with the purpose of assigning some course of CBT, resulted in me taking that 1100 ug trip few weeks back.

It was admittedly under abnormal circumstances before the appointment even, normally- I can handle the talk….not so sure they’ll be up to handling my talk lol.

Oh okay. Not me, I get no crash at all from them or energy drinks. Nor any anxiety or overstimulation (unless I have too much of course). But coffee, even half a mug of decent strength coffee and my armpits, hands and feet are pouring sweat and anxiety starts emanating from my solar plexus region.
Do you get the sweats etc with a good espresso or espresso drink? I find I don't get any of that with espresso, but I do with drip coffee - it could simply come down to dosage, but I wonder if there is a different extraction going on.

As far as stimulants go I think I'm a caffeine for lifer. I dug out some 3-fpm the other day and took a small dose about 20mg orally. I liked the stimulant effect, but my god, I noticed myself snap really bad on my son in a way he totally didn't deserve and it left me (and him) feeling horrible. I apologized and explained that I had overreacted, and that mended it to some extent, but man that stuff seems to turn me into a bit of a monster. I don't have a lot of experience with other dopaminergic stimulants, it makes me wonder if they would all have this effect on me, or if it's something about 3-fpm in particular. I've noticed this kind of thing almost every time I try 3-fpm.

Caffeine on the other hand extends my patience :)

Well hey, it's good to realize these things. :)

Yep that's right. Apparently quite effective. My girlfriend wanted to try it but the therapist was like yeah, we'll get to CBT eventually but first you need to do traditional talk therapy and she quit because she has had bad experiences in the past and is convinced talk therapy can never help her.
sorry man but that's totally incorrect, the therapy that @perpetualdawn is referring to is EMDR

CBT is a talking therapy, albeit a very 'practical' one. Some people get decent results from it while others consider it not really therapy at all, more of a psycholgical bandage which tends to stop 'working' as soon as the 'therapy' stops. It treats symptoms as opposed to causes

sorry man but that's totally incorrect, the therapy that @perpetualdawn is referring to is EMDR

CBT is a talking therapy, albeit a very 'practical' one. Some people get decent results from it while others consider it not really therapy at all, more of a psycholgical bandage which tends to stop 'working' as soon as the 'therapy' stops. It treats symptoms as opposed to causes

Oh, hmm I swear when I read about it it wasn't talk therapy. Okay good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.