• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Euphoric Rambles for Swirling Souls

I'm embarking on a cannabis tolerance break. Gonna give it a week (maybe). Looking forward to it but I hate the first day, something missing. Anyway. I have a big bag too but willpower etc.

I fucking HATE that really fast-paced shit that's just like thump-thump-thump-thump-thump-thump with a bunch of creepy weird sounds over it, at like 180bpm, with absolutely no variation in the perfectly straight beat.

Haha... you mean like this?

I like listening to darkpsy even when I'm sober, but with a head full of tryptamines it becomes the perfect soundtrack to a journey through hyperspace.

Then again, as I've said here before, I'm weird and don't usually enjoy listening to more "traditional" music anyway. Darkpsy is something like a cross between music and the monotonous noise of an alien spacecraft, and I often prefer playing white noise (like rain sounds) instead of music, when I'm looking to relax.

Hey swilow, what think ye of this?

Totally expected to hate that 204 bpm song but they muted the bass enough and have enough other noise going on that I rather enjoyed it. On dissos I may feel insane but I dont take them anymore.

Ill check that tuneage out when I'm on the computer. My thing with darkpsy- I love dark/harsh music, I love complex glitchy shit, I love speedy intense monolithic aural punishment but not on my psy. That I want deep and mystical.

Or something.

Breaks are fun. :)

I'm not sure I'd say "fun" but they are refreshing. I like the clarity and the tolerance reduction, I dislike the 1-2 days of worse insomnia and no appetite. Bit of sweatiness too. Oh well.

^Just spent a good few seconds trying to work out how breakbeat could possibly have that kind of effect on someone. =D

Haha... you mean like this?

I like listening to darkpsy even when I'm sober, but with a head full of tryptamines it becomes the perfect soundtrack to a journey through hyperspace.

No, that's better than what I'm talking about, I guess quite similar though. Either way, yeah, musical taste is such a personal thing. To me, I feel no emotion from something like that, it sounds contrived to me and if I was tripping it would distract me from myself. Give me some Bach, or some Grateful Dead, or something in between, and I'm going to go on all sorts of journeys. Shpongle also, for deep dissociative experiences Shpongle is my usual go-to. Once I saw Beats Antique live for Creature Carnival, on DOC and quite a lot of MXE, and it was one of the better live music experiences of my life. Also, live music in general, much more powerful experience than listening to a recording.

I'm curious to hear what y'all thought of the set I posted if y'all have gotten around to it.

I checked it out, can't really get into it :( Thanks for sharing though. I found it more enjoyable than most psytrance I've checked out. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Ah of course not, I love German! I'm trying to learn actually :p Thanks for the recommendation <3

Perpetualdawn, there's just no hope for some people is there? ;) Out of curiosity, what are your favorite genres or what do you like listening to the most?

Yup, I'm afraid I'm hopeless ;)

I like all kinds of genres and artists, mostly electronic music. Could probably go on for hours about stuff I like, kind of a rabbit hole question for me...

I love a lot of music that comes from the lineage of UK bass music in general - the echoes that come from the rave music spawned in the early 90's. Also really into a lot of US west coast artists like EPROM, G Jones, Proko, Bleep Bloop. Cool stuff seems to come out of the Neuro scene for the last few years, I'm super loving RefraQ, Keota lately. I try to follow different music movements, there's interesting stuff happening on PC Music label, Saturate Records, Scotch Bonnet to name a few. Big love for Tipper and Aphex Twin, some of my all time favourite artists.

As far as acoustic/non-electronic music goes, I don't pay as much attention to that but I love a lot of it too. Bluegrass, music from Mali, Funk, Afrobeat, Cumbia are all genres I enjoy.

Also really like paying attention to what's going on in pop music.

Edit: aren't we supposed to be talking about drugs in this thread :)

I can tie it in by saying that music and psychedelics really go hand-in-hand, don't they?

Indeed. :) My best friend from childhood plays in a Cumbia band.

I go mostly for non-electronic music myself. Well, a lot of what goes on with non-electronic music is relatively electronic, for example pedals for electric guitars. I play an acoustic-electric keyboard and an analogue synthesizer, with pedals. I love playing acoustic pianos though, I just don't have one and they're impractical in that they're extremely expensive and hard to move, and they just make one type of sound. My favorite stuff is some combination of funk, folk, rock, jazz, and classical (as in, one or more of these influences), which is what I like to think I play. There's a ton of world music I've heard that I'm into as well. I'd say I like something from just about every genre I've heard.

Lol what? I never would have thought cumbia existed outside of south america ! Would be surreal for me to listen to cumbia in English.
Unless we aren't talking about the same thing.

No we're talking about the same thing.. Hoy, cumbia esta international! There are local english, spanglish, and spanish cumbia bands around in different cities of N.America (probably europe too), and also proper traditional cumbia bands from s. america come up and play folk fests and stuff. Also there are so many modern variations on cumbia and cumbia-influenced music around. Cumbia has had a big influence on lots of electronic music too.

It's not huge or anything, but people in the know, know.

Haha, funny that it's so widespread. I actually don't like it very much, here it's HUGE, so it's easy getting sick of it. But the amazonian "chicha" is as fun as dance music gets for me haha:

Ayahuasca infused peruvian cumbia %)

Isn't chicha also the name of that fermented corn drink?

I like the cumbia you posted there. The tune at 16:45 is very classic, I'm sure I've heard that a few times.

No, that's better than what I'm talking about, I guess quite similar though. Either way, yeah, musical taste is such a personal thing. To me, I feel no emotion from something like that, it sounds contrived to me and if I was tripping it would distract me from myself. Give me some Bach, or some Grateful Dead, or something in between, and I'm going to go on all sorts of journeys. Shpongle also, for deep dissociative experiences Shpongle is my usual go-to. Once I saw Beats Antique live for Creature Carnival, on DOC and quite a lot of MXE, and it was one of the better live music experiences of my life. Also, live music in general, much more powerful experience than listening to a recording.

It sounds like you prefer non doof beats. Check out anything bu Solar Fields. Great swdish psy-ambient.

Then I shall...

Lol what? I never would have thought cumbia existed outside of south america ! Would be surreal for me to listen to cumbia in English.
Unless we aren't talking about the same thing.

My friend is in a cumbia band in Kansas City, he's the only white guy in it.