• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
How interesting! Once I went to visit an old friend while on LSD. It was the first time I met his dog and she fell in love with me...my friend told me he never saw her being so friendly with anybody else. The mutt kept poking me to be petted all night.

I am usy a vodka kind of guy, I agree that it is more transparent in a way unless shitty-brand vodka is involved. Tonighti got a six pack of 'hard soda' ginger ale, it is quite decent but pretty sugary, so i also got a couple shots of vodka to kick it up. The 6-pack waa only $3, probably the best deal in the store, some sort of promotion deal. Anyway I'm sold!

Re: didgeridoo, i have a story about that. I used to work for a master didg player (i dont use the word 'master' lightly) who did sound healing sessions and other multi-cultural ritual type events. I never got circular breathing right, but I have used didg samples in my electronic music, a great combo!

I never got that. My pets all love when I'm tripping and beg for attention. They seem to love spending time with me when I'm in this state...

My family tree basically reads like a history text on mass migration from stereotypically alcoholic regions to the US. Russian, Romanian, Irish, German - I think I was born with a BAC over the legal limit. Then I've got a touch of Native American for the "became alcoholics when those aforementioned degenerate Europeans showed up." I got it mostly out of my system in high school, but we were kinda outta control as teens... Skipping class to get sloshed at 10am at a friend's place, drinking cheap rotgut rum and vodka mostly... I still remember showing up to homecoming with like 8 people, precisely 2 of whom (the drivers - at least we were smart about that) weren't drunk. Good times. But then I went off to college and became a pothead, and went from drinking free beer in some frat's basement every weekend as a frosh to pretty much only drinking socially every now and then by the time I turned 21. By the time I could legally drink in public, I had years of experience as a stoner and weed had thoroughly replaced alcohol as my go-to daily intoxicant. Even when I went to frat parties toward the end of undergrad, I would grab like 1 or 2 drinks and then go off to some room where all the cool kids (read: drug-addled hippies) were hanging out to match bowls for the night. Speaking of which, it's about time for another bowl...

$3 for a 6er of anything sounds pretty good right now. I think the cheapest I've seen in Chitown is ~$8 for shit tier domestics. One more reason to look forward to being back in ATX - I can drink cheaper at a MOVIE THEATER in Austin than in college bars here in Chicago, it's crazy. Smokes are a lot cheaper, too, but I still wanna get back on the e-cig horse soon. Tobacco is nasty :|

John Oliver summed up the Brexit debate very well in song: https://youtu.be/RpxV9xuqLeA?t=13

re: playing the didgeridoo: I didgeridon't. Recordings of them can sound pretty trippy, though.

Last edited:
I am doubting the pro-brexit side will hold up as much as a tie when it comes down to it... but you guys (well only N-Ireland would truly matter regarding ires right?) would be a bit silly to brexit considering the arguments for it are pretty terrible and shortsighted. For example the premium paid to the EU is considerabe (which is one of the arguments) but they conveniently forget to mention that when brexiting mere access to the open market would cost a pretty huge amount. One of the many examples why it is much smarter to just profit from the advantages Cameron has done his best to negotiate.

Yes, only Northern Ireland will vote out of the two parts.
The arguments for Brexit are incredibly myopic; some of the outright lies and vitriol unleashed during the campaign have been remarkable. When all their points about economics, sovereignty etc. failed to make any impact they went for the immigration route, appealing to the lowest common denominator. If Cameron had any balls (which he doesn't - the only reason we're having this vote is because it is his attempt to placate the right-wing of his own party) he'd sack all those who have been at the forefront of the leave campaign. However, he won't; he will spew a lot of nonsense about freedom of speech and reconciliation whereas the Leavers will still be plotting. If the vote is not a resounding vote for Remain there will be lots of backbiting, accusations and sniping. To me that would be a good thing as it will show the Conservative party for what they really are which is a bunch of wealthy, self-interested nutjobs who are willing to risk everything (other than their wealth of course) to get their way.

My cats used to avoid me while I was tripping. Nowadays they don't, in fact they seek me out at least as much as usual. I think I know the correlation though. When they used to avoid me, it was earlier in my tripping experience, and I was still experiencing weird vibes and periods of difficulty. These days I pretty much feel full of love the whole time I'm tripping, and I'm usually quite comfortable, and they're all over me. I think cats (and animals in general) are just sensitive to vibes. Not that your vibes are bad by any means, but in my experience the more "weird" I feel, the less my cats want to be around me.

I dunno, Solipsis, forget about Boris Johnson for a moment. IMO the EU's and the IMF's overbearing power can be problematic, see the result of our own referendum we had a few months ago (we called off the trading treaty with Ukraine* yet its still there).. There needs to be a reform in the way EU officials are elected and we should make everything more transparent. I'm not sure if Brexit is the way to do that, but the fact that the referendum exists should tell you enough how the population is feeling towards the EU. The least it does is call attention to issues like these.

*I notice a very similar rhetoric following both referenda. The left and liberals paint this as a morality/basic-economics-you-wouldn't-understand thing, whereas the far-right which calls for these referenda ends up being ridiculous about it. Yet, we must not forget that some parts of the Ukraine treaty basically ahnds over Ukraine's agriculture market to big biotech corporations (like how Monsanto has a tight grip on Argentina) and there are huge issues within the political structure of the EU. Basically, being against these things is crowded together with the neofascists movement, forcing smart people like yourself to vote for the wrong thing.

@kidklmx: you are correct. There are big issues with the EU and strong arguments for voting against it. However, the mob spear heading the leave campaign are even more pro big corporation than the EU. Initiatives such as TTIP would be utterly horrendous for countries; thankfully protests and movements within the EU have forced some countries such as France to declare they will not support it going into EU law. The UK standing alone would not have the power to do this (aside from the fact I suspect the nutters would implement it anyway). The power needs to shift back towards the people rather than continue to amass in the hands of big corporations; they are the truly unaccountable ones here.

Yeah, I tend to think it has something to do with corporal language. Probably I move and behave differently when I'm tripping balls, so our cat notices and get's weirded out. That's how I explain it to myself anyway.

Hey Vortech, I really enjoyed your tracks :)
I liked the irregular rhythms in "indigenous roots". Cool stuff !

I saw Beats Antique 2 Halloweens ago, it was SUCH a good show.

well, cats always avoid me all the time mostly, hopefully this doesn't mean they think i've got some wierd corporal language or strange vibes. Dogs on the other hand like me though. =D

Cats are jerks. Don't let them get to you. Dogs are much better judges of character ;)

My cat always knows when I'm up to something. Back when I was on amps she'd always join me when I was railing a line. Not that I'd give here anything but she seemed pretty interested to be honest.

Otherwise she hates me too

My ball python just seems agitated (tries to hide in the nearest crevice) when I take her out on acid, though to be honest she's always kinda hit and miss with her mood except around my girlfriend (she and my snake seem best buddies, but it's okay cause I'm cooler with her cornsnake than she is :p ). If I catch her when she's asleep in the afternoon she's usually pretty mellow and groggy seeming hahah, and then I can hand her off to people.

My guinea pig is inherently mistrusting and usually acts kinda odd when I'm tripping, which is odd since he'll be totally chill with a bunch of drunk girls shouting about how cute he is in his face kinda thing. Guess he's cool with the ladies, but not the hippies hahah!

Then there's my dog, who is also just very strange, but she and I seem to bond well when I trip these days. We have play fights and run around the yard together.

When it comes down to it, drugs alter our perceptions of many things, and thus I think it's safe to assume that our pets are not in fact acting much different than usual, but rather we are perceiving them to do so.

Of course it could also be like others have said, that when you're having odd vibes while tripping, your pets pick up on this and act accordingly. Who knows!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.