• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh liver, why couldn't you turn EtOH into something useful?
Right?!? This is why I hate drinking ethanol! Fairly lack luster effects with one to many side effects! Give me some GHB or 1-ethnylcyclohexanol any day!

^ isn't a terminal alkine fairly reactive? to be honest I don't know much about alcohols other than ethanol for recreational purposes, allthough I am interested in 2-methyl-2-butanol...

I like to drink ethanol, at the moment a few times a month, allthough I usually never overdo it (I hardly ever drink more than 2-3 beers).

I always overdo it, I really just need to quit drinking. It sucks because almost everyone I know is a 'law abiding' citizen so the only substance they consume is alcohol... so if I wana go get buzzed with my friends, the only choice is alcohol. That or stay sober. I'm starting to realize that staying sober just might be the better option.

I really wish I had a plethora of MXE still, that's one of my favorite social drugs :(

I've a small amount in my stash, though would likely last you connoisseurs an afternoon :p

oh liver, why couldn't you turn EtOH into something useful?

Tell me about it, my liver is practically an acetaldehyde factory.

Bleh, the weather, it's after 9pm and still 92 degrees, and the apartment doesn't have central heating/airconditioning so that is the temperature here in my room at the moment. Tomorrow it's gonna get up to 113F (45C for you non-Americans).

One thing I will miss about this tiny shithole Chicago apartment: a small window AC unit and a $20 ceramic heater is enough to keep my apartment within a ~10 degree range ('Murican, so 5-ish for you residents of Restoftheworldostan) year round. I'm gonna spend my first month or two back in Austin just drenched in sweat all the time.

Alcohol is... Meh. I definitely wish a wider range of options were as socially/legally acceptable, because a lot of the time it's a pretty shit excuse for a party drug that just wins by default. Otoh, etoh can be nice at times - chilling a Newcastle now.

I had a strange dream last night / this morning / whenever I managed to get a little sleep in over the last 24h. I was back at my friend's place in Austin, smoked a few bowls, had a couple conversations, made elaborate travel plans with a few other friends to get cigarettes... And woke up while waiting the cashier to ring up my smokes, to realize I was out of smokes. I was *kind of* lucid during the dream - I realized I was likely dreaming, since I didn't remember any of the details of how I got there, but my biggest concern was that I might get charged for my dream-cigarettes but be unable to access them when I woke up in Chicago.

tsoli said:
etoh can be nice at times

While it ain't exactly GHB, ethanol is pretty damned nice if you ask me (the resident dipsomaniac), and it combines well with just about everything (though I thought it muddied the IV heroin high).

tsoli said:
I'm gonna spend my first month or two back in Austin just drenched in sweat all the time.

Does it get humid there? I've never been to Texas, though I remember my year in DC, the summer humidity was fucking torture compared to the higher temperatures of dry SoCal.

Last edited:
The humidity isn't all that high compared to most of the east coast, but when the temp hits 100+ it doesn't take much moisture in the air to become unbearable. I also just sweat really easily, though. Less of a problem in Chiberia but unavoidable in Austin.

It's 5am and I'm thinking about finishing off the last couple beers in this sixer. Not sure what came over me, I haven't had more than 1 drink at a time while home alone in ages... I guess that Dionysian spirit just overcame me tonight. And yeah, it's a versatile chemical to be sure. I've come to appreciate booze+psychedelic combos more - I used to avoid the combo for fear of weakening the all-important peak, but now that it's time and desire to trip rather than access to psychedelics that limits my use, that's less of a concern. Still not wild about the combo with MDMA, or with amphetamines in general, but a little bit in the right circumstances can be nice. Pills and booze are a time-honored pairing, although I didn't drink much during my hardcore ope phase (didn't use much of anything other than H, really - I even mostly stopped smoking weed for a while).

Hmm.... One more for the road? Fuck it, why not? Not like I'm sleeping any time soon, anyway. (I'm tryin', I'm tryin' to, drink away the part of the day that I cannot sleep away.)

I enjoy alcohol actually, and I drink it pretty regularly. I take plenty of days off (when I stay home I never drink) but when I get together for band practice, or to hang out with friends, I usually end up drinking some. I enjoy getting drunk too but unlike when I was younger, I never really overdo it... I don't get hangovers easily but once in a while I get a little into hangover territory, but I find it's easy to stay in control of myself if I stick to beer. I also will often drink on the tail end of psychedelics, because I like how that feels... on the plateau of DOC there is a special synergy that's really nice.

Once again I'm coming down with a cold / flu right before a festival. Ugh, I need to get in better health. All this talk of beers makes me want a frosty IPA from my fridge but I know it'll just make me feel worse. Just like the damn coffee I drank this morning! Why I try to squeeze energy out of my body when I'm already sick, I'll never understand, but I've made the choice hundreds of times to stimulate myself when I'm sick. Smh...

Man, I tripped 125ug of ALD-52 yesterday with two good friends and it was a blast. We ended up drinking quite a few beers on it and I must also agree that I love the alcohol/acid combo.

Have any of y'all ever played a didgeridoo? My friend brought one over that he borrowed from another guy and we spent hours taking turns playing it, it's really quite an easy to learn and pleasurable to play instrument. Quite unique!

Digeridoos one of the few things I can play! Sitting around a fire tripping with a couple going is pretty cool stuff. The right place with good acoustics and the right playing can get eerie in all the right ways.

^ I never managed to get good sounds out of a digeridoo... cool intsrument though...

I am feeling pretty damn good.. got a B on a physics exam, organic chemistry exam yesterday went well (as opposed to the last time ;) ), and I'll be heading to the lake soon with friends for nude swimming. :)

Looks like I'll be at Camp Bisco again this year! Last year was one of those things I will always remember as the equivalent of tits, honey and rainbows (there actually was a badass rainbow too, a bit before sunset after a very short but powerful storm, it spared us from the worst and gave us fresh energy to dance on into the night.
Too bad I likely won't have MXE this time though. I went on a 6 day binge and the festival started on day three so I had tuned well enough to it that I was very functional to do my job with flying colors, it even kind of had nootropic-type effect, at least for the type of work I was doing.
O yea, and on the last day of the festival I aquired some ketamine, o man what a nice way to come down from the heavens and land on the bosoms of God's angels.

I used to be quite the drinker; something about the Irish blood I guess that makes it mandatory (other national stereotypes are available). Last year we had a house party for my 40th birthday. I had taken about 150mg of tramadol earlier in the day and then proceeded to drink. A lot.
At about 2am I found myself in the downstairs toilet unable to find the door; the room was spinning and I felt like I was ready to collapse. I've had brownouts on alcohol before, but I recall this quite clearly.
I have drunk since then of course; my problem is that once I get going I really find it hard to stop. I've never been borderline alcoholic or anything like that (although when I lived in the States and was constantly travelling I did drink almost every evening in the hotel), but I do tend to drink to excess once I get going. For the past 12 months I've really cut back and feel much better for it. I now drink to savour the flavour; I have a wine fridge with a selection of very nice reds and a whisky collection to which I will occasionally refer, but it's no longer about getting pissed.

In other news, it's a huge day here in the UK tomorrow. The forces of evil represented by the right-wing lunatics have pushed the EU referendum to the edge by invoking xenophobic extremism combined with rose-tinted visions of how the UK used to be (in reality a blood-sucking empire that enslaved large portions of the planet), using tactics that would make even Trump blush. The polls show it as being tied and my hope is that, as in the case of many of these things, common-sense will prevail and we will remain in the EU.
In reality, it's all been a big leadership contest for the ruling Conservative party (biggest bunch of arses ever elected to office) with Boris Johnson playing his lovable buffoon image to its full advantage. He's a dangerous man; a former Chancellor described him as "Donald Trump with charisma". Should the Leave camp emerge victorious and BJ gets the Primer Ministership I shall write a letter to The Times announcing my intention to cancel my membership of the human race.

haha! When I trip in the house with my SO we always joke about how the house cat always avoid us. We really love her, and typically she is very playful and loves to be petted, but when we trip she always hides somewhere.

I am doubting the pro-brexit side will hold up as much as a tie when it comes down to it... but you guys (well only N-Ireland would truly matter regarding ires right?) would be a bit silly to brexit considering the arguments for it are pretty terrible and shortsighted. For example the premium paid to the EU is considerabe (which is one of the arguments) but they conveniently forget to mention that when brexiting mere access to the open market would cost a pretty huge amount. One of the many examples why it is much smarter to just profit from the advantages Cameron has done his best to negotiate.

My dad says just like Trump he thinks its moronic, but he is not really concerned and instead would prefer to see the weird stuff happening, for entertainment reasons among other things o_O

@alcohol: yeah I've been vodka'd :D .. it's so weird how almost can't feel vodka compared to beer or wine... it's pretty transparent. Still liking my dexamph but I haven't done much today.. tomorrow a guest for diner and I am expecting a new blender, will make mirepoix and make Bologne sauce... a good friend is staying over this weekend coming by train, first time in new apartment but not planned something to do.. It's supposed to be a nice weather so hopefully just enjoy the summer..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.