• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit 80kg on the scale this morning :)
I was at 72 in September, creatine added like 2-3kg in water weight if I'd guess, the rest is a little fat, muscle and additional water retention.

My gym numbers are still shit, and I haven't been able to train lower body for a month as I fell down a slippery flight of stairs lol and there a muscle in my glutes/lower back that hasn't entirely healed yet. Bench is 50kg 3x8, squat 85kg 3x8, deadlift 100kg 3x5. My squat is easily my best relatively speaking and the exercise I enjoy most so I hope to get back to it next week or something. Since I can't do lower body I've incorporated overhead press and barbell row into my program, which are hard hah.

Pretty good, pretty proud, skinny to strong going steadily.
Awesome! Keep up the good work. I messed up my right delt back in early November and I'm still training around it because it's not 100% yet. Like, I've been doing shrugs for my traps but no lateral raises, shoulder presses, etc.
🏋️‍♂️

Hit 80kg on the scale this morning :)
I was at 72 in September, creatine added like 2-3kg in water weight if I'd guess, the rest is a little fat, muscle and additional water retention.

My gym numbers are still shit, and I haven't been able to train lower body for a month as I fell down a slippery flight of stairs lol and there a muscle in my glutes/lower back that hasn't entirely healed yet. Bench is 50kg 3x8, squat 85kg 3x8, deadlift 100kg 3x5. My squat is easily my best relatively speaking and the exercise I enjoy most so I hope to get back to it next week or something. Since I can't do lower body I've incorporated overhead press and barbell row into my program, which are hard hah.

Pretty good, pretty proud, skinny to strong going steadily.

Nice man, that's great. I've hit the gym 8 out of the last 10 days which I'm really happy about. I lost a lot in my 6-8 months of literally no gym at all. I didn't go today because I had too much to do, plus I'm still sore from yesterday. Generally I do lifting 3-4 days a week (or that's the plan anyway and how it's been going in this very short time back), but 30 minutes of cardio every day.

What sucks for me is that my knees are always in pain so I can't really do squats and deadlifts and stuff anymore. Instead I get my leg workout just doing the elliptical or hiking. I could also add stuff for my calves, but I've always had strong legs so I'm not too concerned about it, my upper body is what tends to be scrawny if I don't work on it.

I tend to do bicep curls, free weight bench press (as opposed to the bar, I find it does a wider range of muscles and I prefer how it feels), rows, sit ups on the inverted bench with a 35 or 45 pound weight hugged to my chest, lower back extensions on a machine, tricep pushes with a weight behind/above my head, and shrugs while I farmer's walk around the gym. I do 3 sets of each on rotation, I have been doing lower weight and higher reps because it feels better on my joints, rather than trying to do the most weight I can. This is how I've found that it feels the best for me. Also I do it during lunch at work, otherwise it's harder to make myself do it, so I have a limited time, I try to spend 50 minutes at the gym so that it's just over an hour total time spent away from work. On cardio only days, it takes less time, obviously.

Is being involved in music the most dangerous career choice or what? Just found out about another brilliant soul that has passed in the electronic music world that I'm connected to. It seems like every month or two another one pops off. Of course out of respect no one ever says what happened, but it must be suicide or drugs or both. It's so sad, these amazing artists who bring so much joy through their music, and scraping some deep lows when the lights are out.

Is being involved in music the most dangerous career choice or what? Just found out about another brilliant soul that has passed in the electronic music world that I'm connected to. It seems like every month or two another one pops off. Of course out of respect no one ever says what happened, but it must be suicide or drugs or both. It's so sad, these amazing artists who bring so much joy through their music, and scraping some deep lows when the lights are out.
My guess is drugs, since he was on location to play a show in that area the following day.
It definitely tragic.
Black market powder drugs in the states are not to be trusted.

Fuck man it's so gutting..
I wish people would talk more openly about it so it doesn't keep happening and we can get more testing happening etc.

@Delsyd how's your partner's pregnancy going :)
It’s going well. She’s past the half way point (24 weeks in) and she just started feeling the baby moving around this past week. Over all it’s been a pretty smooth pregnancy so far. We found out we’re having a girl, I’ve named her Scarlett in honor of a Grateful Dead song.
My favorite part of it is her increased libido, we’re having more sex now than before she got pregnant.
I’m about to go drop her off at the airport. She’s going to visit her family for the holidays and will be gone for a couple of weeks. I’m going to miss her but also looking forward to having the place to myself and indulging in some psychedelics, it may be my last opportunity for a little while. I plan to take mushrooms tonight and 2c-b next weekend and will probably add some dissociative to the mix.

It's always nice to have some time to yourself. I'd love to join you for the tripping, however my family wants me to not hang out with people this week before I go visit them. Even though you're vaccinated. I'm just gonna hang out at home this week/weekend, I have so much work anyway...

Well the music world and the drug world are quite intertwined. Additionally, musicians (artists in general) tend to experience a higher level of emotional suffering than most. It is an intense life, especially as a professional musician, you're expending tons of energy and traveling a lot. There are a lot of extreme highs and lows. Apart from that, I wouldn't say it's as dangerous as a number of other professions. I think it's mostly just that artists tend to experience a lot of depression and anxiety, on average. That's part of the inspiration for such inspiring and beautiful art.

I've had a taste of those highs and lows as a DJ/producer, and found out I couldn't handle it as a lifestyle long-term. Pulling off a good show in front of a few hundred people at prime time is the greatest high I've ever experienced, it still haunts me years later. I didn't get up there enough to score those kinds of top gigs regularly, but lucked out with a few and had a taste. I've had a lot of diverse peak experiences in my life, and that feeling you get after a show is the most powerful. The connection with the crowd and the energy transfer is super intense.

And then on the other end, being flown out for a gig on some crap flight that leaves at 4am, and then all alone in a shitty motel.. I can imagine some kind of drinking problem or other addiction in the mix and it could get pretty dark. The hours of isolation and I don't think I could live like that long term, up and down.

But it sounds like this recent incident, and probably a lot of the other ones could easily come down to sketchy drug ODs, which would be so tragic because it's not a question of an artist not being able to handle the emotional rollercoaster, but poisoning essentially. So I want people who are close to think about talking more openly about what happened so that other people in the scene don't make the same mistake.

Yeah these days there are so many ODs because of fentanyl. It's showing up in hot spots in cocaine even, probably from being processed in a facility that also processes fentadope. An acquaintance of mine (we would have hooked up at a festival one time if I hadn't had a girlfriend, and she was a good friend of some friends) died from fent in coke... a couple of other friends of friends have died from it too. Of course usually it's people dying from fent in heroin or pressed fake oxys... the potency varies, again, because of hot spots. It's such a fucked up thing.

It’s going well. She’s past the half way point (24 weeks in) and she just started feeling the baby moving around this past week. Over all it’s been a pretty smooth pregnancy so far. We found out we’re having a girl, I’ve named her Scarlett in honor of a Grateful Dead song.
My favorite part of it is her increased libido, we’re having more sex now than before she got pregnant.
I’m about to go drop her off at the airport. She’s going to visit her family for the holidays and will be gone for a couple of weeks. I’m going to miss her but also looking forward to having the place to myself and indulging in some psychedelics, it may be my last opportunity for a little while. I plan to take mushrooms tonight and 2c-b next weekend and will probably add some dissociative to the mix.
glad to hear that everything is going well :) yeah it seems like the second trimester is when pregnant women are naturally doped or something, after the emotional chaos in the beginning fades. :D in the later stage she might get a bit cranky again just due to carrying around all that weight. my partner could only sleep on one side the last few weeks and the heavy belly really makes moving difficult. crazy what nature asks of women...

Yeah these days there are so many ODs because of fentanyl. It's showing up in hot spots in cocaine even, probably from being processed in a facility that also processes fentadope. An acquaintance of mine (we would have hooked up at a festival one time if I hadn't had a girlfriend, and she was a good friend of some friends) died from fent in coke... a couple of other friends of friends have died from it too. Of course usually it's people dying from fent in heroin or pressed fake oxys... the potency varies, again, because of hot spots. It's such a fucked up thing.

Sadly this is not the 1st time ive heard of people OD'ing from fent laced coke :( Was it it Cali?

fent seems to even be in some weed?

tho not sure how trust worthy the story is

The fent laced weed story is hard to believe, but I guess it could be the same deal, hot spots from processing in a facility alongside fentadope.

And no it was in North Carolina. But drugs from Mexico travel all over the country

Fuck it's so tragic. Sorry about your losses.
Yeah hotspots in acid etc are one thing, but when that happens with fentanyl etc, the consequences are mortal. Gahd.. so many beautiful souls gone from this world too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.