• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Nexus for gibberish of the psychedelicized genius and veritably insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a hold of DOM, super excited to try it out.
Super jealous.....DOM is one of the few things I still actively seek with a passion! Requesting a TR! :p Also going with the flow is where its at, struggle, and you'll only bring on more agony. Maybe there is an argument that struggle will finally bring victory but i've never lavished in those sort of thoughts.

Been quite angry today. I feel like destroying multiple things including myself but I will refrain doing anything for the moment, attempt to gain some rest, exercise. and see where the light guides me then......:?

^ TAC what you said about learning knowledge of the piano first is a really great approach to making music. Once you learn music, playing instruments is easier.

for instance, one time this dude randomly had an accordion at a party and I decided to try it out and all he had to do was tell me what notes the arbitrary buttons on the side of it were (not the piano ones I knew what those were obviously) real quick and I was pretty much better than him at playing it after that haha and i'd never played in my whole life.

It takes a long time to learn to properly express yourself musically though because you don't know what notes the melodies you hear in your head are and transcribing them can prove to be difficult. (I still cant do this nearly as well as I wish I could)

Once you become someone who is avidly learning percussion everything you experience slowly becomes rhythmic its crazy. I started hearing lawnmowers turn into drum solos, The dishwasher at my work had two rotating water jets that would oscillate in polyrhythms at times 8o

over time you come to reallly really appreciate places with good reverb and ambiance because you can hear it the second you take a step and hear the sound of sound traveling throughout the room 8) places like stairwells and cathedrals have a sort of added significance simply because of the reverb. I once had the pleasure of playing a huge church organ inside a church with amazing reverb and it actually was an awesome experience.

as you learn more and more about music the intuitive part of your brain tries to musically dissect more of what you hear.

i learned percussion in marching band in junior high/high school, and ever since then i can't listen to music without instantly counting out the time signature =p

and i've definitely found myself making beats along to ceiling fans and whatnot lol

It takes a long time to learn to properly express yourself musically though because you don't know what notes the melodies you hear in your head are and transcribing them can prove to be difficult. (I still cant do this nearly as well as I wish I could)

Yeah, I hear you. Want to know a cool trick for that? Sing as you play your instrument - like, double the melody with your voice. Once you make the connection between your voice and your playing, it becomes a lot easier to express yourself musically.

Once you become someone who is avidly learning percussion everything you experience slowly becomes rhythmic its crazy. I started hearing lawnmowers turn into drum solos, The dishwasher at my work had two rotating water jets that would oscillate in polyrhythms at times 8o

Haha! :D

I once had the pleasure of playing a huge church organ inside a church with amazing reverb and it actually was an awesome experience.

Jealous!

Gonna be in the L.A. area visiting UCLA friends from tomorrow till Monday, if any PDers wanna meet up just shoot me a pm.

Don't think this one has been shared in here yet? Sounds a bit like the campfire headphase but that's a good thing to be honest, seems like they're following a new sort of sound. Can't wait till the full release!

^I've been doing the same thing lately. Instrumental jazz and mornings are a great combo.

What kind of fruit trees/plants do people grow (or grow wild) where y'all live? Down here it's mostly citrus, oranges and lemons being particularly popular, but a good deal of grapefruit around too.

I've been having fresh squeezed orange juice as an afternoon pick me up lately, since I'm cutting back on caffeine (currently at 2 caffeinated beverages per day). Also drinking Lemon + Honey water when I first get up in the morning (~5:30AM lately), and sitting outside for a few minutes to appreciate the dawn.

P.S. I believe I saw a kestrel the other day, it was quite a treat.

Last edited:
^I've never played that game, so I dunno.

LSDMDMA&11589147 said:
and those treez that the spiky balls fall off of

Sweetgum trees? (No, I did not know that off the top of my head)

NSFW:
1026_2.jpg

Wow, those are some nice photos. You shoot those? Wasteland is from 1988, so if you are a pup then you'd likely not know it. Just amazing how certain words trigger certain memories/thoughts.

^No, I googled it. The only camera I have is my phone, and I can't get photographs from there onto my computer, or I haven't tried hard enough to find a way (this thing is 10 years old, so it has some handicaps, but does what I need/want well enough). And I'm photography averse, generally speaking.

I was 8 in 1998. Only game I played from that year was starcraft, not sure when I got that though.

yeah never
dem treez
we gotz deez treez up hurr too
Weed+Plant.jpg

but i dont fucks wit dat
never you need to get in with some puerto ricans
they gots all da druggery
fo realz.
get you some rican dawgs
THREE SIX LLAMAZ
i'mma call dis cabron
about la coca
STACKZ ON DECK
i gotta wait 20 minutes for him to get home

it will be 20 minutes though, he's good for that.
he owes me some too.

Last edited:
Found some smelling salts (ammonia) in some old first aid kit in the garage. Cracked one of those things open out of curiosity, yeesh, I see how it's supposed to wake you up.

300mg dxm + 20mg hydrocodone down the hatch, gonna watch Cloud Atlas

Last edited:
Sweet! Nice combination. 300mg DXM is, for me, kind of like flying from Atlanta, GA to Nashville, TN. Once you're up, you're already on your way back down. The combo ought to make things a little more interesting. The movie is a trip on its own. I really enjoyed it.

also gonna throw in some synthetic cannabinoids at some point, those keep the peak going a bit longer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.