• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to read this CC. I'm a firm believer in rescue animals, they KNOW they are getting a second chance and the ones I've had seem to really try hard to say thanks. I have a cat called Moofee too, I thought it was a unique name!

... they KNOW they are getting a second chance and the ones I've had seem to really try hard to say thanks.

That's interesting.

I've never owned a rescued animal, and my parents go for puppies (so they have influence over their entire life and can mold them as they wish, I am assuming), but I think that isn't the way to go. I've always wanted to get a shelter dog, not only because they're cheap, but because I want to be the one to pick them up out of the crap and be their hero. I guess I sort of have a white knight complex, looking back on my personal relationships as well.

Hey madness, nice to see you 'round these parts. :) And you too leet.

I rescued my little girl kitty from a life as a stray in a town with a bad stray cat problem. She was ~6 months only and pregnant (with my other cat and 10 other kittens) and she knocked on the door one winter night and when we opened the door she walked in and as clear as day said to us "help me!" (in cat language of course). 13 years later and she's still a wonderful little thing. :)

I saw my cat moe in a shelter when I was like 12. He was so nuts and hyper and looked super cool. My mom was more into this nice quiet little kitty but it was my choose so I chose my moe moe. Such a wild beast. Be bit me in the finger on the ride home in the box. It was love ever since. He'd find me when I was outside walking my dogs and tag along. Always coming out of nowhere. He roamed far too but if I went out for a walk or whatever he'd find me like a homing missle 9 out of 10 times. Such a sweetheart. Loved anyone and everyone and they loved him. He was attached to me at the hip though. I surely miss that cat. Had him for almost 15 beautiful years. One of the best frands and compainions a guy could ask for!

My boy cat who is my girl cat's son is more attached to me than any cat has ever been attached to anyone, I think maybe. As soon as he could walk (at 2 weeks), I met him (I saw him born also but he obviously wouldn't remember that and his eyes weren't even open), and he walked out of the bedroom, I was sitting on the couch across the room. Our eyes met and it was like the world stopped, like serious love and first sight. He meowed at me and locked eyes with me and walked his longest walk yet, across the room, climbed up my leg, up my chest, and nuzzled me in the face. My heart melted and I went from my girlfriend at the time trying to convince me we needed a cat even though we were about to move across the country, to knowing this was my sweet little kitty. :)

Anyway he is the most snuggly cat of all time. He's actually really needy, literally all he wants is to be snuggling on my chest with his face pressed to my cheek. Whenever he isn't, he's slightly displeased (or very displeased). He wants my attention all the time which can be somewhat annoying but it's just so sweet I can't be annoyed. Most of the time if I'm home and sitting down he's on my lap (including now). He's the best companion kitty and he has the best purr. He just recently finally fully opened up to my girlfriend and now he snuggles her as much as me and will actually react to her when I'm not home (for the last years until now, he would literally not make a peep or even wake up if I wasn't home).

I need to talk to a new fucking lawyer, even though it's gonna cost me thousands more since this guy already had his retainer paid plus hours more "work". But anyway he emailed me just now saying I won't be seen today and the "next step" is to send her the same questions her lawyer sent me 2 months ago, and that she has to answer them (once they're sent) by March 1st, which means there isn't even much time... if she doesn't, it will get pushed to April 29th. I took me a week to answer those questions and get the paperwork asked for together and I'm good at doing things quickly, my ex is definitely not. He asked me if she had anything of value at the date of separation which I have already told him she didn't. I feel like the guy isn't doing anything, and is purposely making this take a long time. I fully assumed he had sent her the questions (basically, what bank accounts do you have, properties, etc). What the fuck man??

I just sent him a long email telling him I don't understand why he hadn't already asked me this stuff and already sent the paperwork to her months ago. I then told him a detailed account of the history of our marriage both financially and emotionally and what happened in it and after it. I told him an abbreviated version when we initially discussed me hiring him but clearly he didn't remember much of it. I told him that at this point I need this to be over so to make sure he does everything possible to avoid further delays, and laid out the result I want from this and asked him what he thinks I should be able to expect. I am going to see how he responds to that.

I should have done this from the beginning but I realize the extent to which I shy away from conflict is worse than I thought and to be perfectly honest I can lay that largely at the fucking PTSD I feel from my ex and the way she treated me to the point that I legitimately worried if she was going to murder me towards the end (since she told me she almost did in a flat, emotionless voice). It's fucking crazy, that the thought of having to confront this guy has caused me to let myself get into a situation where I feel this way about a guy I'm paying a lot of money.

Well, on the plus side... just got a ticket to go see Spafford tonight with my friends. Probably take some fun drugs. :) My other band is all going too. And we might do a rehearsal first. Fuck yeah. :)

Sorry to read this CC. I'm a firm believer in rescue animals, they KNOW they are getting a second chance and the ones I've had seem to really try hard to say thanks. I have a cat called Moofee too, I thought it was a unique name!

That is so funny leet because I thought our name Moofy was original as well. She is called that because she is a fat cat and is covered in spots like a cow. We like to add words to here name sometimes fitting the situation. Like Christmas Moo or Lazy Moo, when my girlfriend does it that is just the funniest thing. I love that cat so much, she follows me around once I get out of bed until I leave for work. Brings me so much joy when I see her, what a cute fluffy girl <3

Aw my girl is a cute fluffy as well. She's my little princess. She's having problems digesting food fully these days and has nasty poops she gets on herself (in her long hair) and wakes me up at 6am for breakfast and eats way more than her son who weighs almost twice as much. Been taking her to the vet to try to figure it out. But never do I question whether it's worth it. :)

That lawyer sounds like an issue but you are so far into this case, that I understand how you would feel like you wasted money. You brought up good points in the letter towards him and just see how he responds. Hiring another probably would cost more in the end. Sucks having to have these feelings towards him, I'd just wait and see what he has to say.

Follow your gut afterwards.

I've been having bad days again. Last night I woke up after being asleep for only a few hours because I had to go to the bathroom and then I couldn't get to sleep again. My finances are wrecked from going to Philly after new years and from missing a few days of work (I missed 2 days this week, one because I was sick and 1 because I couldn't get a doctor's note in time. Then stupid fucking graze overdrew my bank account so I have -57 which I may not even bother paying back because I am tired of them allowing transactions to go through so that my account will overdraft.of course I am sure my parents won't help get me out of overdraft even though the only reason I work the terrible job that I have is because it is what they want. my DUI suspension is up in 2 weeks but of course I won't be able to pay my fines down to actually get it back on time so that I can get a real job, and I owe my friend $174 for my hockey ticket from when we went to Philly, but he is gonna have to wait a while longer because I had to spend an extra $32 on a train ticket back home that I shouldn't have had to buy...the Steelers are totally fucking up too.
I will never ever be nice again and tell a girl they're not fat if they are fat. Hell, I won't ever be with nfat girl again period.
I'm $540 in the hole, $1,093 including hospital bill. Be grateful broski, you got this shit

Oh man, what a crazy post to raise from the dead. The user you're quoting (known as llama) died tragically last year from drugs. RIP bud ♥

That is so funny leet because I thought our name Moofy was original as well. She is called that because she is a fat cat and is covered in spots like a cow. We like to add words to here name sometimes fitting the situation. Like Christmas Moo or Lazy Moo, when my girlfriend does it that is just the funniest thing. I love that cat so much, she follows me around once I get out of bed until I leave for work. Brings me so much joy when I see her, what a cute fluffy girl <3

LOLOL
We do the same! The more variants on a name a cat has the bigger the personality. Moofers. The Duchess. But my favourite is Myfanwy (pronounced "Moofanwee") its a woman's name derived from Welsh "annwyl", meaning 'beloved'.

She like a ball of smoke gliding and flowing across the floor and she leaps up at my chest trusting that I'll catch her in a cuddle. She can almost fly.

moofee.jpg

MOOFEE

We just got a new kitten today and named it Bean.

Then I ordered a Nintendo Switch and Super Mario Odyssey. The girlfriend is calling it a early birthday gift. I'm happy as Fuck guys, this is my first console in many years. And I got a cute new pet on top of it. This cat is absolutely adorable and so tiny. It's a very young kitten, we have him shut in the bathroom with a bed, kitty litter box, food and water.

They said we should keep him there a few days as Moofy is adjusting to him. Not that i think Moo would hurt the little guy. She does seem slightly stressed by the situation but I am sure It will fade. I'm sure that she's gonna be a good Mama Moo :D

~Charlie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.