• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I put up a Trip Report about the MPT that I took last nite, was a really enjoyable time. Glad i found out what i needed to know and would like to get a full Gram of the stuff eventually. Really wanna see what the heavier doses can bring that one 100mg Oral dose TR Kaleida wrote up sounded amazing. Last nite i could feel myself on the brink of something really special

A barter system only works in a very basic society where everyone does most everything for themselves and there is only light specialization. Someone who makes microprocessors can't be like "hey, I'll trade you this microprocessor for my groceries for the week".
Actually, according to economic anthropologist David Graeber in "Debt: the First 5000 Years" there's no evidence for the existence of a barter system in a human culture. The exception to that rule is a period of barter after the collapse of an economic system. We've all been sold a plausible-seeming but inaccurate economic history. Good book, but one that has some deficiencies addressed by critics. I'm still working on it

Last edited:
What a difference a full stomach makes! Two weeks after a pleasant 35mg oral 2C-C experience in an empty stomach, I try it again at 45mg an hour or two after a fatty sandwich. Soooooo much milder. I ended up taking 2.5mg of 5-MeO-MiPT at the tail of it just for a little something extra.

That said, I worked through some tough emotions that I was still processing, so it ended up being just what I needed. Next time, though, I'll be taking it rectally or intranasally.

Hmm, I got a love letter for those Alcohol Defense capsules? Lol? There's not even anything illegal in it.

That is really strange of all things they wanna give people a hard time about they choose a hangover cure. At least it's not illegal like you said and will be forgotten soon enough. Do you know what compounds it's made of, really haven't learned anything about those due to me not drinking often anymore.

That is really strange of all things they wanna give people a hard time about they choose a hangover cure. At least it's not illegal like you said and will be forgotten soon enough. Do you know what compounds it's made of, really haven't learned anything about those due to me not drinking often anymore.
Yeah I know what they're made of, they're not illegal at all (I'm pretty sure). I'm gonna have to pay money on top of it all, as well as provide payment information (which is via bitcoin, and I don't want them to know my wallet)

This was a really shitty day, but it was made up for by finally adding quite a bit of 2C-B to my collection :) I was intending on first trying it's big scary uncle in DOB but a chill reuniting with the B itself might be a better plan.

Enjoy the weekend guys!

Dang that's a really odd thing to seize in customs... do they not want people preventing damage from alcohol or something? 8)

Liking what I'll do will be the most important thing though, because if I don't at all, that's gonna suck when I graduate and I need to find a job.

This is one of the secrets to a happy and fulfilled life. Finding something to dedicate your time and energy to that you are passionate about (or at the VERY least, don't hate) is a huge part of the difference between constant stress and frustration/disappointment and satisfaction from life.

Actually, according to economic anthropologist David Graeber in "Debt: the First 5000 Years" there's no evidence for the existence of a barter system in a human culture. The exception to that rule is a period of barter after the collapse of an economic system. We've all been sold a plausible-seeming but inaccurate economic history. Good book, but one that has some deficiencies addressed by critics. I'm still working on it

I wasn't trying to imply there has ever been an actual sustainable pure barter system, just that the only society one could possibly work in is one in which there is very little specialization.

^Holy shit, that sucks!

... And for better or worse something about this capitalistic culture does seem to lead to more secularism and suppression of religious oppression, for example...

I agree more or less with most of what you said, but this in particular I dont find to be true at all. "Secularism" and market society have not reduced oppression, only transfered power from one oppresive apparatus to another.

If they imprisoned some vendors, they could have forced them to hand over the addresses and names

So, here's an idea that I'm finding pretty intriguing right now. Recently, in a conversation with my sister, she brought up stereotypy. For those of you who don't know, the term refers to the stereotypical repetitive, obsessive behaviors associated with autism, like body rocking, hand flapping, or fidgeting with objects. Stereotypy is sometimes referred to as "stimming", under the hypothesis that it serves the purpose of self-stimulation. This makes perfect sense to me. The practice of meditation seems likely to have relaxing and therapeutic effects by virtue of fixating the attention on some arbitrary point (like the breath). Given that autism and anxiety are correlated, I can totally see stereotypy as a way to create an immediate locus for attention, and thereby soothe anxiety.

Here's what I'm thinking... I've noticed that psychedelics which tend to produce more motor stimulation tend to have a uniquely powerful therapeutic effect for me. The prime example of this is LSD, which is perhaps the most physically stimulating psychedelic I've taken, and despite being quite psychologically powerful and at times disorienting, I find it to have a very distinct, notable soothing effect that is present in other psychedelics, but never quite to the same degree. In a similar vein, I find that the 2C-X phenethylamines tend to produce significantly more motor stimulation for me than their DOX counterparts, and I also find the 2C-X series to be perceptibly more therapeutic in an "LSD-like" way.

Could the therapeutic efficacy of psychedelics be at least partly mediated simply by activating a sort of chemically-induced stereotypy?

I'm curious if Robert Edward Grant's new method of finding prime numbers and factors can break RSA. I know he just broke AES 256 (I think 256) in five minutes on stage a few months ago.
5 minutes? 8o
Link? Can't find anything on it. HIGHLY doubt this is possible, maybe it was done by sniffing the network during the exchanging of the keys or using some sort of high tech stuff to look at the power the computer is using or something while de- or encrypting.

I am interested in his algorithm for finding prime factors of huge numbers though.

Could the therapeutic efficacy of psychedelics be at least partly mediated simply by activating a sort of chemically-induced stereotypy

I think you are maybe inverting causality there. I dont think some psychedelics are anxiolytic because they cause "stereotypy". Instead, Ive always atributed that compulsion to move as a way to spend that extra energy from drug induced psychic stimulation that would otherwise cause anxiety.

As support for that, as Im sure we can all agree, if you take a physically stimulating psychedelic and then found yourself in a situation where you cant move freely or are forced to stay still, then hellish anxiety ensues.

I guess I am also not sure what you mean by therapeutic effect, because I also dont really find psychedelics to be very anxiolytic. If you are talking about the existential relief that results from introspection, then I doubt fidgeting and body rocking by themselves could achieve that, lol, so I just assumed you were talking about anxiety reduction.

Last edited:
5 minutes? 8o
Link? Can't find anything on it. HIGHLY doubt this is possible, maybe it was done by sniffing the network during the exchanging of the keys or using some sort of high tech stuff to look at the power the computer is using or something while de- or encrypting.

I am interested in his algorithm for finding prime factors of huge numbers though.

Sorry, it was "two 256-bit asymmetric public keys in approximately 50 seconds from a standard laptop computer."

Robert Edward Grant has all his publications on his website, including the novel prime factor method.

Doesn't mean anything though since they keys were only 256 bits long, 2048 or longer keys for RSA would take much much longer to crack, even with an extremely efficient algorithm. It's interesting as to remind people that this technology is so important and that it's not as safe as we like to think, but we're still good for many many years to come probably.

I guess I am also not sure what you mean by therapeutic effect, because I also dont really find psychedelics to be very anxiolytic.

Oh yeah, man, there's a lot of information to suggest that psychedelics are viable treatments for anxiety. For example, psilocybin treatment was demonstrated to reduce both short-term state anxiety and long-term trait anxiety in a study evaluating its efficacy for end-of-life anxiety in cancer patients. It even reduces amygdala reactivity to negative stimuli. Anxiety management is a huge motivating factor for my own personal interest in psychedelics.

Status
Not open for further replies.