• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered some Syrian Rue. Apparently the acacia bark goes okay as a tea, according to reviews at least. Maybe I'll end up putting everything into capsules, not sure yet.

Oh god, that's a lot of plant matter to do capsules. I found tea to be fine - you can boil it down to the size of a shot glass. The extraction is pretty easy, too.

I don't mind syrian rue, but most people on the forums seem to find caapi to be much less nauseating. One friend took the same batch of rue tea and acacia alkaloids as me and was violently purging for most of the experience, and no psychedelic had ever made them so much as nauseous prior. It was the most powerful psychedelic experience of their life, but they will never take it again because their experience was completely tainted by their sickness. I really regret making the batch with syrian rue instead of just harmine or at least caapi tea.

San Pedro, for reasons that are pharmacologically opaque, is almost four times as potent for me when combined with syrian rue. It changes the character of the experience quite a bit, making it a bit deeper and earthier, more mushroomy and less elegantly crystal clear. I recall it being more like a strong bridgesii experience. They're both good and valuable experiences, but I don't think I will revisit the combination anymore. Word to the wise, combining a PEA with a RIMA like syrian rue is not considered to be a safe combination, which I did not know back in the day.

Last edited:
Oh god, that's a lot of plant matter to do capsules. I found tea to be fine - you can boil it down to the size of a shot glass. The extraction is pretty easy, too.

I don't mind syrian rue, but most people on the forums seem to find caapi to be much less nauseating. One friend took the same batch of rue tea and acacia alkaloids as me and was violently purging for most of the experience, and no psychedelic had ever made them so much as nauseous prior. It was the most powerful psychedelic experience of their life, but they will never take it again because their experience was completely tainted by their sickness. I really regret making the batch with syrian rue instead of just harmine or at least caapi tea.

San Pedro, for reasons that are pharmacologically opaque, is almost four times as potent for me when combined with syrian rue. It changes the character of the experience quite a bit, making it a bit deeper and earthier, more mushroomy and less elegantly crystal clear. I recall it being more like a strong bridgesii experience. They're both good and valuable experiences, but I don't think I will revisit the combination anymore. Word to the wise, combining a PEA with a RIMA like syrian rue is not considered to be a safe combination, which I did not know back in the day.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably get round to trying it at some point (extracts sound like the way to go) but with my with current diet and drug use.. I'm too worried about interactions.

but with my with current diet and drug use.. I'm too worried about interactions.

Well, at least you don't don't have to worry about diet when it comes to RIMAs.

Last night I had band practice with my original band. Our brand new bass player was there. A week ago he was in a mosh pit at a metal show and broke his ankle badly to the point he needed screws in it. Then today his girlfriend (who works for our guitar player, which is how we met him) called in sick to work, telling my friend that her boyfriend (our bass player) had an emergency and she had to take him to the hospital. But then when he got there, he was like, wait, no, that didn't happen. He said she also ditched him (she was going to drive him to practice) to go to the bar with her friends (what she said anyway). Then halfway through practice, she texted him and said she moved all her stuff out and she never wanted to see him again. It totally took him by surprise, he had no idea at all that she wanted to break up. He said he's been in love with her since high school and they've been together a couple of years. I was like, damn, that's cold-blooded. Can't even sit down and talk to him, you have to break up via text after waiting for a time you knew he'd be gone to move your shit. :\ I feel bad for the guy, he was playing it cool but as time went on he was getting increasingly upset. He really wanted to get drunk but he's been on pain medication for his ankle and didn't want to mix it with alcohol. Said it's been the worst week of his life.

Fuck, so sad about Help ☹
Really appreciated his presence around here. It's heartbreaking to think about how many of us have been taken away by opiates.

Also, Xork's story about his bass player is fucked. Who would do that? Break up over the phone when the dude was injured? Fuck that shit too.

Yeah she's clearly a bitch. His cousin said she is generally a bitch. I think he dodged a bullet, but it still sucks right now.

On the road heading to ma gig 4 hours away, working with a power inverter and mobile hot spot. :) My life has been super busy and interesting lately.

Also... fuck opiates, seriously. They've killed so many great people. Fucking psood0nym... best trip report writer of all time IMO. Awesome dude, good friend on here. Died from an overdose years ago. It still hurts.

If you're thinking about dabbling with opiates, just don't. Not worth it. They had me for 10 years, almost destroyed me.

help :(

my first PMs with him are probably 10 years ago. we'd fall out of touch for long periods of time, but we were always quite happy to get back in touch whenever we did.

OMG morninggloryseed died too, during my absence this year? just saw his thread in the shrine when i went to check help's. no :( god this place is so sad. all the death is why it's so hard for me to stick around.

looking through the Shrine, here's just the one's that i either personally talked to enough to consider them a friend, or i had read their posts SO much that i felt like i knew them even having not talked to them:

Nathan / thedeadlywar (this one hurts the most, we were so close)
Help?!?!
CosmicG
shimazu
Bob Loblaw
psood0nym
Vortech
morninggloryseed
Axl Blaze
Dextermeth
lonewolf13
Laika
LLAMA
bardo
foolsgold
amanitadine
jktm
Keaton
Mugz
Vader / babylonboy

i just went to look through amanitadine's last posts before he died, and his third to last post was comforting me over Nathan's death. his very last post was directed at Help?!?!, telling him that he was amazed at the size of the 3-MeO-PCP dose Help?!?! said he had done... i shouldn't even have looked, crying now :( dammit

sorry for the triple post just felt like it was disrespectful to edit either post since they were my genuine initial reactions to the news of their deaths =/

Yeah man it's fucked. When you didn't come around for a while I was starting to think we had to add you, too. Every time someone disappears it scares me.

MGS PMed me the night before he died and I ignored it because I was tired, read it the next day and it was a big cry for help, I responded but didn't realize he was already gone. But after some weeks I was pretty positive he was gone. Didn't get it confirmed for quite some time after that though. I don't know if it would have made a difference, but it might have.

He and amanitadine both mentored me through my ibogaine experience. Then they both did it again because they got re-addicted to opiates, and then they both had unsettling/disturbing experiences and then both died shortly after sending me PMs about how terribly depressed they were. :\

If my cancer was going to take me for sure at any point, I would have let you guys know. An accidental death of course I can't rule out, but if it is some imminent dire health issue I'll make sure to let you guys know.

Cool man I appreciate it, I hate the not knowing... and probably never knowing for sure. Though I'm pretty sure I have your number anyway.

This is the Margarita Pizza from our Restaurant.
Eat a whole one myself daily pretty much.
Has thin crust and is delicious.

What a diet right, like 30 bucks on the menu :D

I got a package seized. First time it happens in 5 years ordering RCs. I'm freaking out. Anyone had this happen? Don't really know what to do/expect.

I don't where you live but I would empty my house of drugs and prepare for house search. Here that could take for like 3 months or more before they even do it so that's why I never even consider ordering from abroad. Domestic post is 99% reliable when it comes to drugs, they don't scan it or anything and even letters packaged shitty and smelling weed from a mile away came through. Haven't ordered anything in over a year though.

What I ordered is "not illicit" here, but yeah, don't know if that's enough to avoid a house search. Never heard of anything like that here. But maybe you are right and it doesn't hurt to stay in the clean. This sucks so much,

Status
Not open for further replies.